Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Further Build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Agent_Orange, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange IncGamers Member

Further Build

Hi all, just found this site today.

I am currently lvling my first necro in 1.10, and I want to know what works on hell.

Currently I have b.spear & b.spirit pretty high and planning on maxing them, along with b.prison

I have one point in all summon skills exept b.golem, i.golem and f.golem (no points)

No curses

Where should I start investing skills? Bone armor? skel.mastery? Golem? And is it dumb to have no curses at all?

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Hmm, I see you are making a bonecaster with 60 points already spent at bone it might be unwise to pursue the skeleton route. You need to max both Skeletons and Skeleton Mastery to make it feasible and for all builds you should aim at being about finished at level 80.

You should try to get some curses though, most of them only need 1 point and can help you tremendously:

The curses of interest are:

Decrepify: Slowing monsters is beyond cool. It works wonders at bosses.

Attract: Making monsters attack each other will take some heat off you and will also help clumping the enemies together for easier spearing.

Dim Vision: This one could use some investment to get that screen-wide area. Locking down entire screens of enemies is both useful and awesome. Especially against those dreaded Will-o-the-Wisps and Succubi.

Getting Life Tap might also help your merc and revives out in a tight spot.

Don't bother with any golem above Clay.

Now, for the rest of the points there are several options:

You should probably max Bone Wall for more damage for your Spear and Spirit plus more life for your Bone Armor (Don't put points into Bone Armor itself, they are less effective than it's synergies).

Then you could work on Teeth for even more damage, but the points might be better spent elsewhere:

Dim Vision: For more radius.

Skeleton Mastery: For sturdier Revives.

Corpse Explosion: For taking out Physical Immunes.

Off all this my "musts" are Decrepify, Attract and Bone Wall.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

You could aim for a Hybrid if you still wish to go the Skellie route. You Bspear and Bspirit will be used to help your Skellies.

On the matter of curses, I feel that they are a must to every build. They make live so much easier. Go with the list that Indemaijinj gave you.

4. Macabre

Macabre IncGamers Member

Agent Orange...are you the same Agent Orange from NITM and Shinra?

5. Indemaijinj

BTW, just in case you haven't figured it out already: Lower Resist does NOT work with pure magic damage.

6. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange IncGamers Member

Thx for the replies everyone

I think I'll hammer up my skel.mastery for revives, get 1 point in all curses and throw the leftovers in wall to get more dmg.

Is a viable build to overlook revives completely and pump clay golem?

And is there a trainer for 1.10? I would like to try different setups out in single player.

Mac<< No, I'm not the same Agent Orange

7. Indemaijinj

Well, as long as the bone part does damage the build is viable, but I would personally rather give the Revives a boost than the Clay Golem.

Sure having a nigh indestructible Clay Golem is nice against bosses, but I would rather have a line of revives when fighting against hordes than a lone Clay Golem. For boss fights your low level Clay Golem can just be resummoned when the boss dusts it. It doesn't cost a whole lot of mana.

And don't forget you have Bone Prisons too :)