Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

funny story(my lucky day)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by patonis, Sep 17, 2006.

1. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

funny story(my lucky day)

I was concerned much with goldfind yet, but i often saw threads about goldfind, which made me curious, so i used the search function in different forums for the word goldfind.

I stumbled upon these thread here:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=494865&highlight=goldfind

The post of Merick:
    made me curious, cause i wanted to find my own SoJ too. I took my sorc(lvl93) and kept killing NM trav in 5-8 player games. The Sorc has like 458 MF and only chanceguards, goldwrap, ali baba , rhyme for goldfind. First i said to myself i keep going until the first unique item drops. That was a stupid sword, so i said to myself, i keep going until the first unique ring/amulet drops. A unique ring dropped finally and it was dwarf star, also i got a viper(resi 30) before that. Well i dont know why, but i continued. A few runs later one of the councils drops an UM and i cant believe it. Someone whispers me for finishing a trade, so i had to stop. I am still curious and continue doing the runs. I normally pick up all blue amulets/rings, but was thinking the last days before, that i should stop doing it, cause i never got anything nice. Luckily i kept picking them up and after identifying i see the number 50 on an amulet and couldnt believe its really 50% magic find. :yikes: :flip:

I thought now it would be a good time to stop and maybe post the story. Also i forgot to mention that the same day, when i played my strafzon on nightmare to collect flawless in cow level, flayer jungle, CS, WSK and other maps act5. Lister dropped a PUL and Baal NM dropped a shako. This was my luckiest day in D2 ever i think. :cool:

I have to thank Merick for posting that :thumbsup: I will sure do some more NM Trav runs. Doing alot different things in D2 is for me alot more fun than 50-100 Mephis per day.

Now i am thinking on what to do with the 50% MF amulet. My sorc wears tal amulet, which boosts damage, mana and hp, so she wont wear it. I dont know if i should let my amazon wear it, cause she uses cats eye or atmas.

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Many congratulations on your finds! :thumbsup: Excuse me, while I try the same thing ... :grin:

Why not make a fishymancer and give the amulet it to him?

3. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

You could also put the amulet up for trade :laughing:
    I'm currently looking for one.

Congrats for the finds.

I prefer getting exp at the same time as mfing so I rather do areas in hell.

4. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

nice finds :smiley:

5. arcticknight

arcticknight IncGamers Member

Hey its my lucky day too.. I just found a 25% Deaths fathom! First ever!