Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Funny Amazon.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Inked, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Inked

Inked Banned

Funny Amazon.

I was just in this Pub with my Necro (Turd-Penguin :p) and i was dueling and than a Bow zon came in. At first I thought she was just really poor but than again i realized by her other char in the game that she was rich.

She had all the slow gear possible to use and all the poison damage she could possibly have. Now i am curious, what could she possibly be using.

Charms are all PSN charms, know that for a fact since she had insane psn damage that owned with the slow. But what was all her gear? Whats all the slow gear a zon can use with madd psn damage gear?

(also as a side question)- Whats the highest psn damage a Gc and a Smc can have?

thanks in advance

Inked-

2. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

you don't even need slow gear, just get a cold dmg charm and generals flail in weapon switch. after shooting an arrow you can switch to generals real quick for 50% slow + cold duration which is capped.

that was an old 1.09 bowazon tactic, where they load up on slow, knockback, and insane IAS with poison. guided arrows used to pierce the target and come back to hit the target maybe 3 or 4 times. with a zon firing like 5 guided arrows a second, it got really nasty. you couldn't move because you would be stuck in block animation or even fhr... not to mention being slowed by 50% and cold damage basically bringing you to the velocity that of a snail.

even if it was a viable back then but now that 90% of duelers use enigma, I don't see it working.

100 pdsc are pretty common, though I have seen a 292 pdsc however I'm not sure it's legit.

3. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

The slow come from probally general tan gi lo or whatever, you use it on your switch you shoot an arrow and switch to that and the slow getd transfered over. For poison probally lots of 175 scs.

4. Inked

Inked Banned

noope. no switch here. She was usin faith the whooole time. I think she was wearing blackthorns or something. I dont know but i know for a fact there was no switch involved.

5. DIEnamic

well then I guess shes just loading up on slow target by x% to reach the 50% cap.

arach
    blackhorns
    clegs

I must say it's not the most mannerful build, but it'll get the job done.

6. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Why arach when nos coil got 10 ias too.

7. DIEnamic

oh, I didn't realize nos coil had slow target mod. go for it... just pray you don't encounter me in a duel game -_-

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

and why go for 175 pdscs when you could get... Pestilent of Anthrax with 225 poison dmg? start rerolling those baal scs...

9. DIEnamic

I doubt the 292 pdsc still exist, but if I remember correctly it was called "Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax".

10. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

ofc those 290 charms still exist, 313 is the new version of them but 175scs give a higher rate of poison and can have second mods.
    for higher poison rates you need to go to 330, 377,451s.

11. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

It won't work in HLD. Everyone who's worth killing has an enigma.

You could try in LLD, but you'd have to do the General's thing to get enough slow and your poison won't be even close to as effective as it'd be in Hell.

12. Veilside

Veilside IncGamers Member

Even better have a weapon on switch with CtC decrep for even more slowing.

13. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Agreed.

I met one of these zons in a dueling game today. She died very quickly and did negligble damage. This tatic is outdated (slow, psn, kb) real PVPer's would make use of damage, ar, lifer, everything else charms. She got stomped easily (happens when your damage is over many seconds) then proceeded to talk trash from town.

I wouldn't recommend anyone trying this out, you would get wrecked quickly and easily. Heh maybe that's why she tried to take cheap shots from the bridge?

Anywho thats my experience with the pimp .09 zon in .11 :rolleyes:

14. Yes Sir I Will

Yes Sir I Will IncGamers Member

15. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

I miss the days of the godly bowazon, these days they just can't compare. Guided arrow + pierce was the most cc build back then (next to a nova/orber).