Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"funnest" barbarian?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Taidan, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Taidan

Taidan IncGamers Member

"funnest" barbarian?

well guys, im pretty much done diablo.
    like, finished it i have over 20 different level 80+ characters
    i dont even remember what builds though but pretty much everything.

Im tired of trying to get a "good" character. anyone can do that, but can anyone recommend what kind of barbarian youve had the most fun with? i was thinking something along the lines of getting as many x% chance to cast on hit spells as i can, beast to change me into a bear, and 40 PDSC's

are their any really good uniques that have high chance on hit procs? or should i just go and buy from larzuk in a5.

ty in advance

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Make a 'Destruction' runeword in a polearm, grab yourself a pair of HellMouth war gauntlets, a couple rare rings with chance to cast chain lightning on strking, Thundergod's vigor war belt, Infernostride demonhide boots, and a circlet with the 'hydra shield' (x% chance to cast level x hydra when struck)

There are others, but these are the ones I used, and my Barbarian was an absolute fireworks machine, who could still actually kill stuff.

On a side note, the ultimate fireworks machine is the assassin. Equip her with two 'Chaos' runeword claws, and max out dragon talon. This equals 2x 11% chance to cast level 9 frozen orb, at six kicks per attack, frozen orbs get launched out of your feet at a rate that has to be seen to be believed.

Hope this helps

3. Taidan

Taidan IncGamers Member

is destruction ladder only?

4. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Throw barbarians are my favorite.

Singers (which should be renamed as Bards) are kinda unique, too.

LLD conc barbs are fun and nearly unkillable unless you've got a lot of AR or a bow and a ton of time.

5. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Yes, destruction runeword is Ladder only, but if you play single player, check the sticky threads in the Single Player Forum for information on a certain workaround on the 'ladder only' restriction

6. Taidan

Taidan IncGamers Member

I play realm :|
    god i hate ladder runewords their so much better but i cant get started on that yet

7. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

The funnest barb ive played is a bow barb. Uses dragon armor, dream helm, hand of justice bow(or a kuko bow), and the rest is easy to fill in. I also use a cold rogue merc with a faith bow equiped. Also I have a decent guide for a bear barb.

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Scavenger barb. 20 Howl, 20 Find Item, 20 Find Potion, 20 Grim Ward, 20 Inc. Stamina. All remaining points to Leap. All points to Energy, none in others.

gosu ubar trist runner yes.

But seriously, a Wolfbarb is always fun, provided you have access to a Gris' scepter w/ 4 Shaels, and most of the standard melee and pre-buff gear, you've got a 4-frame attack, and up to/more than 10k life to mess with.

9. jag

jag IncGamers Member

frog barb -- max leap, leap attack and probably concentrate. Use a big damage polearm or mace(big hammer). Huge damage on leap attack, concentrate for clean up. Using a high level leap with stun everything on screen and knock them back -- great for party play. With a bunch of frw/increased speed you can run out wsk to throne almost as fast as a sorc can telly it (leaping out of packs of monsters).

10. mclarke

mclarke IncGamers Member

fireball barb ftw:
    trangs belt + gloves
    dual hoto
    sojs
    silkweave/Ww
    maras
    shako/coa
    enigma

Then killing people in pvp with him causes people to get really odd remarks, a paladin will probably be better though cos of conviction, i put them on my singer, and ive only killed 1 person but hes built for 200 fcr so trangs doesnt work so well.

nicked i have a singer called: mysterious_bard some1 actually guessed the type of barb from name, i was impressed, only 5 managed to guess out of over 500.
    The singer is only fun for watching people remarks and messing around in normal + nm or pvp ^^
    I reckon a more simple killing barb would be more fun though for pvp just cos u kill more stuff