Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Funnest Barb Build?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dark Sword, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Funnest Barb Build?

Ok i think i have only made 2 barbs in my life and one was a singer which was pretty fun i guess. But anyways i was wandering what would be the funnest barb build out there? one where i can go and kill easy but in a fun way. I like to be the reason that minions die because i got bored when i made a skelliemancer because i would just cast a curse and let my skellies do all the work so i got bored. I was thinking of making a Iron barb or a Thrower but are they any fun?

2. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

I've played both a Concentration barb and a Whirlwind barb but I would have to say the most fun looks to be a Frenzy barb. I've never played one but I intend to make one at some point. :jig:

3. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Frenzy would be fun.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I've only played a WW barb, due to self-finding the whole IK set and feeling obligated to. Didn't enjoy it tremendously, to be honest. If I make another one, I'll probably make a Leap Attack barb (aka the Flying Booyaka). Yeah, I think they're bugged still if they get hit in the middle of an attack, but that will just be one more obstacle. Maybe I'll make a 1.09 one, where LA is considered a ranged attack, and hence safe to use when hit with Iron Maiden.

- Noodle

5. GildedAdonis

GildedAdonis IncGamers Member

Frenzy barbs with around 7 points in Increased Run and some decent speed boots can outrun a teleporting Sorc.....think about that.

As far as most fun to play, Ive been playing a leaper barb thats hella fun. Most people dont realize that leap stuns monsters inside its radius, and those that do dont realize that at lv 17 leap stuns everything on the screen. I always hear the "howl is better" opinion after quoting that statistic, but then again, howl doesnt give 10% damage per level to Leap Attack either.

With lv 17 (max range) leap and maxed Leap Attack, you get a 850% bonus to your damage. Eight-hundred and frigging fifty. Unfortunately, in the 1.10 patch, Leap Attack is no longer considered a ranged attack, so IM now kills you instantly, but thats avoidable with points into Berzerk, or by using a low phys/high magic damage weapon on switch for when you get IM'd.

Also, around lv 30-40, you can leap pretty much infinately, allowing you pretty much guaranteed victory over anything not a act boss (leap don't work on superuniques). If you use this build, keep in mind leap sets off LE monsters, which can get nasty if you dont realize it in time.

Another final bonus to leapers is that since the only logical weapon you would be using is a mace, you need absolutely 0 dex or mana. Which allows for Crazy *** high Str and Vit totals.

6. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

One word - Mangudai! (also known as a Bowbarb)

A fellow by the name of Communism has a guide to it somewhere here. It is well worth the read, and the resulting character is well worth the effort. Amuse your friends by running around with a bow, then amaze them when you pick off everything on the screen. You will almost drown in the respect you get. I made one earlier this year, and loved every moment of it. It is hard though, just a word of warning.

7. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Hmmm seems like fun and challenging, how does he kill i can't find the way or how do you up his damage? can you link me up a guide to it please?

8. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

I play almost all barbs and by far my favorite is a Frenzy build. I like to tank, to me thats a blast. IM can be a problem for a Barb if your by your self, but thats just part of playing. In group play howl can be used very well if group members stay in your radious and use their ranged attacks and magic attacks while you keep them at bay. Barbs can solo hell just fine, the only draw back is at times you will find it takes a while to kill SU monsters, but he can do it. Fun, yes.

And I too would like to know more about this "BowBarb"

9. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Booyaka Barb!
    (Leap attack, using maul style weapons)
    Doesn't get funnier than that. Do a search on the forum to find the guide. Should be around here somewhere...

10. barren

barren IncGamers Member

I had loads of fun with my hybrid frenzy/thrower. Reminded me of my strafe zon, cept I'm shooting out spears and axes as fast as a machine gun instead of arrows :grin:

11. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

OK so i decided to make a BowBarb and the question is what bow should i use. a Widowmaker or WWS. they both have the pros. and Cons but i'm leaning more toward Widowmaker because it has Guided arrow, but WWS has 40 to resist so what should i use???

12. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Barbarians have a little skill called Natural Resist. That covers your resistances. Not to mention you can drop in a few charms to handle remainder.

I vote Widowmaker due to the fact that Guided Arrow = you don't really need AR for anything but bosses.

I've never played a bow barb before, but I'm pretty sure they have a small issue with attack rating, so go for Widowmaker.