Funkiest Monster Names

Joyotoki

Diabloii.Net Member
Funkiest Monster Names

Well, despite all the fun D2 can be, I must say some of the monsters have the worst names (and most humorous) I have ever seen. Also, some strange status changes for those special monsters. Items too have had some "unique" names. So what's the strangest name for a monster/item you've ever seen-- or thought you saw?

Some of my favorites were:
"Snot Skull"
a Special monster in ActI that was "Extra Undead"
and, though I think I simply read this one incorrectly-- "Earl the Hungry Guy!" I assume it said "Earl *such and such*" who was a "Hungry Dead." But I'll always remember him as Earl the Hungry guy.

WarBossMorgrum

Diabloii.Net Member
My personal favorites are:

Snot Drinker the Hungry. I have forgotten what monster type this was, but the name has stuck with me.

Ghostly Ghost :xrollseye . From a champion pack in act 1.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I could have sworn I once saw a "Puke Snot the Unclean". To be honest, I'm not even sure that name can generate in D2.

Yesterday, I was having some nostalgic fun playing D1 and I came across everyone's favorite "Pukerat the Unclean," so I'm wondering if my memory concerning Puke Snot is just messed up. :p

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
I've seen lots of funny names on monsters. Puke feast, Puke lust, Ash wound the unclean, Puke eater the howler, Gloom skull and Devil bender are all good examples.
Names that are really cool and gets lots of point on the "most evil in the game" ranking are: Ancient Kaa the soulless, Death dancer the dark, Bone drinker the mad (yep! you have to be mad to drink a bone) and Bloodraven.

Of course there are lots of other monsters I forget when I write this.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
I've seen lots of funny names on monsters. Puke feast, Puke lust, Ash wound the unclean, Puke eater the howler, Gloom skull and Devil bender are all good examples.
Names that are really cool and gets lots of point on the "most evil in the game" ranking are: Ancient Kaa the soulless, Death dancer the dark, Bone drinker the mad (yep! you have to be mad to drink a bone) and Bloodraven.

Of course there are lots of other monsters I forget when I write this.

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Try Dragon Drinker. If you have to be mad to drink a bone...

Fearox! You double posted! :xtongue:

Deadbolt13

Diabloii.Net Member
BellaHella said:
i have to say, my all time favorite is Puke Lust.
Yeah! I saw that one too with my friends, and we laughed and laughed. I also think that one Unique item called "Humongous" is pretty funny. When you look at it, it reads as "Humongous Giant Axe". :D

edit: Almost forgot to add "Frozenstein", that big Yeti-type thing you meet when you rescue Anya! Frozenstein, what a name...

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna said:
Try Dragon Drinker. If you have to be mad to drink a bone...

Fearox! You double posted! :xtongue:
Sorry for the double posting. I get this "page cannot be found" the whole time when I try ty post.

About drinkers: I've seen Viper drinker the mad as well. And yeah, you´re right - one has to be even madder to drink a dragon. It for sure gets stuck in the throat. :)

Snot Drinker was my favorite. I think he was a fallen. All I could think of was, this guy is going through all this trouble to try to kill me just to drink my snot? I'll give him some, free, if he'll leave me alone.

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
...no one has mentioned the fabled "Eaglehorn" rare weps

let alone a eaglehorn crusader bow that is rare :)

u gotta kick urself if u find one of them

Ferrous

Diabloii.Net Member
Dredd said:
I could have sworn I once saw a "Puke Snot the Unclean". To be honest, I'm not even sure that name can generate in D2.

Yesterday, I was having some nostalgic fun playing D1 and I came across everyone's favorite "Pukerat the Unclean," so I'm wondering if my memory concerning Puke Snot is just messed up. :p

I'll second the Puke Snot...I think it was a zombie of some sorts when I got him.

Vilencia

Diabloii.Net Member
Puke Fest the Dung Beetle, what was even worse was when I was killed by him :(
Vilencia was slain by Puke Fest the Dung Beetle. Quite humiliating!