Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fundamentally Fabulous Fridaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jamesixgun, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

Fundamentally Fabulous Fridaily

RL: So. Why Fundamentally Fabulous? Well: 1) the office manager at workies will bring in one of donuts or bagels (I predict donuts) for the crew today: so mnommmnommmnomms; 2) a nice 3-day weekend begins at roughly 3pm today; 3) an old friend of mine is in town, and a large contingent of people I haven't seen in 8+ years will be gathering at (arguably) the best mexican restaurant in Ft. Worth for margaritas and chit chat tonight. So... Fabulous.

Of course, Since I don't drink, I won't be partaking in the margaritas, and since I won't be partaking in the margaritas, I won't stay as long as everybody else, and since I won't stay as long as everybody else, they'll all talk smack about me when I leave, and since they'll all talk smack about me when I leave, I kinda don't want to bother going, since that's part of why they're all old friends. But I think I'll go anyway, and at least have some yummy tortillas and some hugs. Nice.

So. Up, make coffee, shave/shower, I Dress Myself!, drink coffee and foruming. Soon to be followed by some light interwebsurfing, sandwich-making, and heading off to workies. Then workies. Then home, change clothes, lounge about, eat something, change back into nice clothes, go to the bank, drive 55 minutes to Funky Town, sit around and chit chat with some old friends, watch them get drunk, get tired of watching them be drunk, drive 55 minutes home, X-Files, bed.

Pretty Fundamentally Fabulous, wouldn't you say?

D2: Ha.

2. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

Re: Fundamentally Fabulous Fridaily

Donuts FTW!!!

RL: No three-day-weekend for me, but at least it's still FRIDAY. Might get out of work a little early today and get a head start on the weekend.

D2: More work on the necro build, and starting a druid of some sort. The two classes I've never Pat'd.

OVG: My brother wants me to run through resident Evil 5 with him in co-op. I picked it up when it was $CHEAP$ on Steam recently but have yet to play it...

3. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

RL: Nothing much today. Watching Torchwood and eating junk food. Might go over to my friend's later.

D2: Yeah, got to nm LK. Probably more later.

@James:Not getting drunk at all is better than getting drunk every night all by yourself. Is there any chance any of your old friends don't drink?

4. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

I was craving donuts practically all of last night. ...It's now back. Thanks. :thumbup:

RL: Didn't oversleep today, so my shower felt really good. Last day of work before a three day weekend. The group is doing a potluck, but I always refuse to participate. Thing is, I just woke up and I'm already hungry... by the time they start eating I'm gonna be dying for food. After work, not much. TV, make a car payment, grocery store for tummy-friendly food, maybe a quick trip to Sprawl-Mart... should be quiet.

D2: Not yet.

OVG: Got into GTA IV for a couple/few hours last night. There's no way I can be any more than a dozen missions from the end, so if I play with any enthusiasm tonight I should beat it.

5. Ojimijam

Ojimijam IncGamers Member

RL: Hungover, packing, cleaning and househunting... UGH.

D2: no time... UGH

EDIT: A much more cheery update, im still hungover but have seen two houses id be happy to move into for next year. Just need to close on one and finish off this house.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  6. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

RL: Not hungover, did go out drinking last night (had to have a few for Canada you know). Saw some fireworks which is always awesome, I'll get to watch the first half of the Netherlands v Germany FIFA game today before heading out to play a round of a golf.

D2: Lost TWO! paladins yesterday that were tournament players. One was on SC so at least I can twink him now and progress forward but still.

EDIT: After having a shower, I now realize I am somewhat hungover with the lovely "gut rot" feeling.

7. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

If I had posted the daily thread today, I would've called it "Fried Alligator Fridaily." Went for a nice dinner last night with my wife and I tried some... Not a fan, too greasy and gamey.

RL - Alarm went off this morning, hit snooze, then the power went out, so I got to work an hour later than anticipated. Stuck here until AFTER noon now, which makes me a rather dismayed hamster. Still, it is Friday, and funtamentally fabulous because of it. Have to go troubleshoot and repair my aunt's gril this afternoon. The festivities this weekend are hinging upon my success.

D2 - Ran out of steam leveling my Werebear. Made it to Hell, but I want to hit 85 before I leave A1 so I can use Azurewrath. That wil make such a huge difference on the enjoyment level, but it seems so far away. Maybe I'll drink some Jack and roar incessantly at the monitor while I'm playing him, that could make it more fun...

-Hammy

8. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Final Fabulous Freedom Fridaily for me today, as all my summer interns, and official commitments are completed. So, I have finally got some holidays to spend.

RL : I'll be leaving home the day after, and dad says no D2 :(. I'll have to find a way to play without gettin caught.As for today, had a party for the successful completion of my internship. Just got back to my room after carrying a couple of drunk mates to their rooms.

D2 : Just started playing from scratch, not much of a progress here.

9. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

@HKT: 'Grats!

RL: I made some curry today (the instant boil in water for 3 minutes kind), and it was tasty. I caught up to some K-On! while eating. Yeah, that's probably going to be the highlight of my day.

D2: PvP 'Din Level 92 --> Level 94 in CS. Tossing a coin between copying Nagi's PE 'Mancer or starting a Leap Attack aka Flying Booyaka 'Barb.

OVG: Trying out King's Bounty. The manual is so pretty. :3

10. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

@Pijus: Given that all my old friends still live in the same city we grew up in, still smoke (both cigarettes and not-cigarettes), still listen to the same 17-odd punk records (mostly from the mid- to late-1990s: bleeaachk!), and still watch reruns of Friends with gusto and glee, I expect they all still drink pretty much the same quantity of the same (limited) variety of alcohol, but I might be surprised. After all, some of them are married and have kids (though they married other members of our group, essentially, they married each other), and a few of them have *gasp* jobs, so I guess it's possible.

But given the effBook pics they post of each other, and the regular drunken or hungover messages they post, I find it doubtful.

Oh well. It'll be fun anyways.

And I got off 2 hours early today, which I would normally refuse (I need the money), but the boss told me to log the two hours anyway, but go home and nap instead of working. So I'm getting paid to post in the daily, and I'm about to get paid to go ... nap. Whee!

Fundamentally Fabulous, indeed.

11. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

RL: Best case scenario on the arm. Doc says not to baby it... to actually work it as much as possible. No need for any further action, and no worries. Total out of pocket $123.33. I got to keep the Xrays too.

D2: Working the pits for all their giving. Chaning up with the Ancient Tunnels when I feel like it. Lots of items on my wish list, but none seem to be dropping.