Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fun!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Fearox, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Fun!

You should try this, guys! Me and my brother are travelling through the game with two druids. My Blowjob_Johnny is a winddruid and my brothers druid is a rabiesdruid.
    We have just completed act 1 hell and we have a lot of fun. We thought that this time we would do no unnecessary exping, so we haven't. No Baal runs and no cleaning of areas just for exp.
    At the time this is written we are level 64 both of us. None of us have any elite gear. Wizardspike and Shako are the "most elite" on my druid and my brother's druid is using Shaft I think, and the rest is easy to find-gear. For example his current weapon is Dark clan crusher (yep! totally true). He's hoping to find Plague bearer though (+5 rabies).
    We've been close to dying once each, but we've managed to survive (maybe because we play private and are not disturbed or endangered by unnice people).
    We have had (and still has of course) some really hard times, but that's why it's so damn fun!
    Why do I write this message then? Well, because I want to say: if you are bored, if you want some fun and some challenge - try this. You don't need the "über 1337 stuff" and you don't need to be level 70 to enter hell (we started at level 57 and did fine).
    I have learned a lot I didn't know about druid skills, as this is my second druid ever (they really sucked in 1.09 in my opinion - nice that they got beefed up). For example twister, which doesn't deal that much damage even with synergies, is a really, really good skill. It stuns the enemies and gives us the time we need to finish the monsters off. This is particulary nice on ranged attackers as they stop shooting.
    Well, enough "talking" from me now... Make sure you try this if you wanna have fun.

2. Knightmare

Knightmare IncGamers Member

Are rabies druids good in PVP?

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

We haven't tried that yet. But I think they can work.

4. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

i wanted to try a winddruid once but since i have to wait til level 18 before i can get a real attack i just got bored and deleted him after about 40 mins.. :/

5. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Quite a while back my friend was trying things out in a pubby with his Rabies Druid. Infecting other players isn't a problem but most of them run to town to heal before it can kill. However, some did not run to town and died.

Basically, he bit people and ran away. Kind of cheesy.

Thats the only experience I have with Rabies in PvP.

6. katanadaishi

katanadaishi IncGamers Member

That's too bad. I know how it feels like to wait 18 levels to do any serious damage but wind druids are really worth the time building. I have 5 level 80+ characters in the ladder right now (a L88 Hammerdin, L82 Meteor/FO Sorc, L81 Bone Necro, L80 Wind Druid and a L82 Conc Barb) and my L80 Wind Druid is my second best PVM character out of the 5. In Hell Ball runs the cyclone armor allows me to survive those pesky Gloams with very little problem. He is my only character that doesn't need Thundergod's or Wisp Projector to get through an army of gloams and/or souls.

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Ask this in the PvP Forum and you will get a resounding YES!
    A Rabies druid with maxed out rabies and poison creeper along with death's web (-50% enemy poison res i believe) and sufficient amounts of +shapeshift skills will bring practically anyone down to 1 hitpoint in a few seconds with just one hit. I doubt even 90% poison would help significantly and would most likely require mass amounts of poison length reduction.

8. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

Rabies will not not only bring their life to one, it is actaully able to kill things unlike other poison damage. Also I think death's web is too slow for pvp.

9. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Plaguebearer is the way to go (+5 rabies) and of course Trang's gloves (30% poison skill damage) and a bunch of poison facets.