Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fun with baalbots ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by yhenon9, Mar 24, 2005.

1. yhenon9

yhenon9 IncGamers Member

Fun with baalbots ?

Just wondering if anyone here ever tries killing those stupid baalbots. they make pretty easy targets and it's quite fun killing high level chars several times in a row. For extra fun, add them to your friends list and wait for them to be really online :D . Anyway I was wondering about the best way to do this.

1) Using an ice blast sorc : this is the favourite among hc pkers. A sorc with nightwing/death's fathom/ice blast ormus and the usual stuff can kill a char in no time, with no chance to exit game (even for a bot). I think this would probably be a pretty effective build.

2) A foh pally with enigma : those are pretty good too. Use griffon/hoto/enigma/useual stuff for nice damage and get a few lightning facets in there. This makes it much easier to tele down to the throne of destruction.

Any other ideas/suggestions to do this ?

(Note : I assume this is allowed here, since you're only killing machines after all, and they are the ones doing the non legit stuff)

2. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Use a hammerdin and get down to the waypoint before they do. They ignore you, 1-2 hammers kills them, you pick up gold, repeat.

3. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Haven't actually done much with Baal bot killing, but before I moved on from D2, I definetly had a lot of fun killing people who thought they were leeching off a baal bot.

Nothing like making a game series (drunkbaal1) and running like a bot for a few games, then suddenly opening a scorching hot tp in the middle of a pack of the nastiest combination of souls, death lords, and whatever else you can find, tele away, and watch the morons pile through in droves to their death.

Relocate tp, continue acting like a bot, rinse, repeat. If you do a good enough job of it, they just think that the bot is having errors. Then you can really have some fun. Suddenly tp to town after everyone's down in the throne, hostile everyone, and teleport back down to the throne and have fun. Most people don't realize/pay attention or think that your bot's just having error issues and ignore it.

Might not be an effective way to stop botting, but certainly makes people more wary of using bot runs to level.

4. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

man nothing irritates me more than a baal bot.

ive played with maybe 1 or 2 taht are worth their salt in a fight. most of them have to constnatly open a tp (right in the middle of the main fighting area too) and run to malah real fast.

my 2nd beef with them, is that there are so many of them now, its impossible to find a game where the team want to kill baal.

it just makes no sense to me why someone would let a bot make their character for them. yeah... thats a real accomplishment.

5. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

Those were some good times... ZON TLEE!11!1!!111

6. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

Each and every time I see a baal bot, I hostile...each and every time, the bot 'chickens out'. Almost everybody in the game complains....
    Ruining the game in a big way. I'm really suprised that Bliz can't single accounts out that do this and ban the account and cd-key. It can't be hard to do this.... :rant:

7. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

I know this is probably going to be a sour grapes comment, but after moving to WoW and seeing just how much time and effort is going into keeping the game working, updated, and punishing ebayers, I don't imagine that Blizzard has a lot of time left for Diablo, and as a result likely just doesn't put it high on the priorities list.

8. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

Yeah I know that, but it sux anyway

9. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

I've killed a mf bot many times the other night.
    He was creating "Free-52" etc. games and running pindle, mephi then andy.
    I just had to wait for him to appear at wps or at meph.
    I used my boner necro (approx. 6K bone spear)
    It cost him A LOT of gold, hahhaha :D (he died a lot and rezed his merc every time)
    It seems to me that he finally ran out of money and couldn't rez his merc anymore, so he automaticaly stopped :)

I had a lot of fun

10. Inu

Inu Banned

Doing this in Softcore serves exactly no purpose :/

11. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Boh, it amuses you for a while I suppose :rolleyes:

12. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

lol i remember one time when rplus was teleing and opened up a hot tp, i had been reading a guide in the strat comp (werent the forums down?) and then came back to the game and went right in

i actually escaped the death lrods by quiting and rejoining

:D

13. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

a) entertainment
    b) dying in softcore makes you lose experience, thus slowing down bots
    c) dying in softcore makes you drop gold, thus burning through bots' cash
    d) bots will stop running if they cannot buy their merc
    e) bots that don't run don't work

14. Inu

Inu Banned

a) I guess some people are easily amused..
    b) I don't believe you lose exp by PvP kill and it wouldn't slow down a bot which already is 80+
    c) Yeah, a little amount.
    d) Yeah but then you have top be incredibly persistent. I both am equally admiring the effort as I'm laughing at the futility.
    e) Can't argue with that :D

Nevertheless the effort provided by the combined forces of the D2 community will unfortunately barely even remotely scratch the surface layer of the world which holds the core of botting. Doing this on HC, if there are Baal bots there (I've not played for many months) would actually mean something. But then again, I'm one of those guys who tend to think that only Hardcore matter since... It does... :p

15. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

well actually, the botting community isnt as big as imagined .. its small enough that i can run into the same guy on four or five occasions doing nm baal runs, and i dont nm baal like constantly or anything .. seems there are 3 or 4 botting ppl that are always running baal runs, i even recognize the name of some of there runz now

o_o

any1 wanna help me list the main bots on east L? :D

16. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

D2 in itself, like every video game, is futile.
    Why argue on the best way to play ?
    is Mfing less futile than PvP?
    is PvP less futile than bot hunting?
    is collecting cracked sashes futile?

are these questions totally futile? God damnit, yes they are.

The point is not to try to stop the bot plague, the point is having fun.

17. Inu

Inu Banned

The point is indeed to have fun, but many a player are pursuing this bot hunting since they believe it hurts the botters and in a larger perspective will ease up the "hax" factor on the realm. In this aspect it is futile.

And well, playing a video game is not futile as you say it. Having fun is the best thing you can do with your time.

18. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

Well i admit there are probably some people like you described.
    I know it won't change anything.
    I have seen the same bot again tonight, it's still running.

I personnaly see the bot-hunting like a funny game.
    The first time i killed that bot it dropped 180K :D
    Thanks for the gambling money tehehe.
    And the most exciting imho is to try to imagine the botter's face when he checks his logs :
    "omg why did i die :( "
    "why did i run out of gold :( "

I also noticed some strange behaviors with that bot: it seems at some point it ran out of room, so it dropped Mav bow and shaftstop on the ground in Arrogath. I was really puzzled :lol:

It would also try to chicken every time i opened fire: sometimes i would win, sometimes the bot would exit the game with only 5% life left or something.
    It was fun to try to beat the chicken system.
    Once i caught him just after he'd killed meph, i opened fire and he managed to chicken, but he had to leave his loot. There was a gaze on the ground :lol:

P.S. about that futility concept: hmm imo it depends on how you define "futile"
    I guess everyone has a different definition.
    It's so vast you could make a huge thread about it.
    Are games futile?
    Are some games less futile than others?
    If playing a game makes you happy or if it is a good stress-relief, an "exutoire", can you define it as "useful"?
    Could you define a non-profit, "waste of time" activity like hardcore online gaming as useful? or "non-futile"? (my girlfriend would answer NO! :D )

Oh the debates ...

19. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

Heh...

The events in my life during the past few weeks have conspired to give me this small wisdom...

There is no "one" way of doing anything. Society has this messed-up image that there is only one way to do things, and that it has to be MY way.

All throughout my life I was pressured by society (id est, people) to do things a certain way. To meet deadlines, do good work, make friends. But during the past few weeks... I learned that certain psychological problems which I have caused the way I'm supposed to do things to be literally impossible for me.

The game isn't about futile endeavors or having fun... it's just what it is ;) And what it is is what you see it as, because in the end the world is exactly as we see it (we create our own reality within our heads).

If that made sense to you, then kudos :) It's true, all of it.

20. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

dude.....this guy rules!!!! great minds think alike, its true...not just a catchy little phrase!!

CampKillYourself