Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fun Thrower vs WW

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Bestrafer, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Bestrafer

Bestrafer IncGamers Member

Fun Thrower vs WW

His equiep:
    2 eth lacarators
    CoA with 2 bers
    Barmble
    Gore riders
    Vendugo
    Gloves with good stat, IK for example (but not draculs)
    angelick rings and amulet

What do you thunk about this? With angelic combo we will have a nice AR to hit iron barby. Lacerators have 33% to cast AD. So with Thorns 21 lvl and AD WW barb will take more damage then he deal. Am i right? What do you think about this build?

2. Dahmer

Dahmer IncGamers Member

hm, are you sure the % from thorns and amp stack? if so that would be extremely fun to test :D

my guess :
    lets say somebody does 500 dmg to you and you got lvl20 thorns and and amp casted on that person
    lvl20 thorns reflects 1010%
    amp adds 100% dmg

500 + 1010% = 5550 dmg except pvp has a high penalty on thorns and will only return 1/10th of the dmg so it will return 555 dmg

if amp does work on thorns that person will end up taking 1110 dmg

so basically if you have more hp than your opponent and you dont start bleeding (open wounds) or get poisoned or take too much elemental dmg you'll win ^^

ps :
    my calculations are a guess, i'm sorry if they're not accurate but i have a feeling it will be like i said

3. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Thorns works when you are Struck with a melee attack, but the amp on Lacerator works when you Strike something..meaning they cannot stack.

It would only stack if you were amped, not your opponent. Also Thorns does not bypass Damage Reduce items. If Thorns were as viable as other dueling builds, then we would see an abundance of Paladins running around with lvl40+ Thorns..which we do not.

So even if it worked as Dahmer suggests, the dmg would be 275 or so..by this time you would have taken quite a bit more from 1 WW pass or a Smite attack using Grief.

Feel free to try it out though..after all its all for fun!