Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fun Shapeshifting Fishy

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Trionth, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

Fun Shapeshifting Fishy

This build is just for fun (and I have a bunch of the gear)

Summoner with:
    20 Raise skelly
    20 Skelly mastery
    20 Skelly mage
    leaves me wiht 30-ish points (at level 80 or so) and I don't know what I should put into. Max goelm mastery? Corpse Explosion?

Now, this isn't going to be an uber-killer, and I probably will never run hell baal on him. Mostly be used to run normal/nightmare games (tombs, chaos, baal, etc...) to level friends so I don't need to be godly.

Gear
    Helm: Tangs
    Armor: Trangs
    Ammy: Whatever I find
    Weapon: 'Beast' (can I shapeshift to werebear from vampire?)
    Weapon Switch: I've got 'White' in a +2 SM wand I found. Something better?
    Shield: Trangs
    Shield Switch: Homonculus?
    Boots: Marrowalks
    Belt: Trangs
    Gloves: Trangs
    Rings: Whatever I find

Act 2 Nightmare Combat Merc (might)

Helm: ??
    Body: 'Bramble'
    Weapon: 'Doom'

This gives me a huge army full of auras (might, fanat, thorns) that should have no probelm leading a pack full of experience hungry new characters through Normal and Nightmare (even Hell possibly)

Also having the mage spells granted from Trangs will be fun. Transforming into werebear will be another cool perk of 'Beast' :) I've never played a druid, so I don't know how you work the shapeshifting, are you skills limited? Will all my skellies die once I switch, or will I be able to curse raise my army as a werebear? Its not that big of a deal because the aura is whats really helpful, transforming is just cool.

Does this look good? Are there things I can throw in to make it better (without sacrificing trang's, it is a fun build...)

2. shuy

shuy IncGamers Member

Re: Fun Shapeshifting Fishy

Looks great. Unfortunatelly you will have "connection interrupted" every 5 second :(
    Expensive Doom + Beast give you some fun, but do not let you controll your minons as well as Enigma (less expensive).

As a werebear you can summon, but you cannot cast curses nor TO fire spells.

3. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

Why?

Yeah... I never noticed how many HR's its going to take to get Doom and Beast, but it will still be fun without either of those until I find the runes. I'm not too worried about control, I can always get Naj's to pile onto boss if need be.

4. Metathrom

Metathrom IncGamers Member

I'd keep Beast for the act bosses, really. Its crushing blow works wonders on Baal. [:D]

5. shuy

shuy IncGamers Member

Multiple auras + minions + meteor (or even firewall) animation (your and opponents) crash games very often. The same was with firestorm from torch.

My big mistake was barb for UTrist. Beast + LW. Only 2 auras but with another player we cannot stay in game longer then 30 seconds :crazyeyes:
    When I played solo CI did not happend so often but 2 crashes per game was average.

Weapon switch Beast, wand + Naj? Too much for 2 hands ;) Tele amulet can help a bit.

Werebear necro is nice, because increase crappy necro life, and fanatism increase skeleton IAS and damage, but the rest of stuff is too much for game.
    If you wish to see something funny, use A1 merc with Harmony. Cheap, high damage and skeletons are running bloody fast :D They get each target faster then teleport.

6. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

Nah, keep Naj in stash until a boss, then use it in place of wand. (since I'll have the army already)

I think I'll hold off on 'Doom' Its a bit expensive, and I don't want to crash a game (although I've never seen it happen... wouldn't running arcane santcuary crash the game too with the spam fire walls? Or running baal when you got 2 necro armies? You're probably right, I've just never had it happen.

7. shuy

shuy IncGamers Member

You can easy crash game revieving a vampires. When couple of your minions cast meteors, game crash. Especially of any council members has aura and few hydras are casted.

8. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

I'll take your word for it, but I've never had it happen. (I play in private games by myself or wiht a couple friends mostly, so maybe thats why)

9. DoomBoy

DoomBoy IncGamers Member

You cannot be a bear and a vampire at the same time. The Trang set will override your bear mode. I've tried it before. :nod:

10. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

Thats what I needed to know :D Thanks! Damn... I'll have to get 2 beasts so I can just switch when I want to be a bear... lol

11. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Awww thats terrible. It would be cool to have a bearpire xD