Fun rune test

MongotheGreat

Diabloii.Net Member
Fun rune test

I was bored at school today and decided to try and draw all the runes in order from memory. I've spent a lot of time staring at runes, mostly low ones, the occasional high, and I was surprised to find I couldn't recall from memory how to draw very many of them. I could get the basic shape, but only could reproduce the easiest ones like um, gul, cham. I even forgot five of them: thul, ort, amn, shael, and ohm. :embarassed:

It's weird because of course i instantly recognize them if I see them.

So I'm wondering, if you try this, how many you forget.

My score: 28/33

Thanks,
Mongo

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I probably can't draw a single one of them, but I can name them all if I see them in the inventory.
Funny how you learn stuff one-way only. :azn:

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
So what happens when the kid behind you looks over your shoulder and sees you drawing 28 strange symbols on your paper in study hall?

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
nickedoff said:
So what happens when the kid behind you looks over your shoulder and sees you drawing 28 strange symbols on your paper in study hall?
easy! just tell him you used to work at the pyramids in ancient egypt in one of your past lives and so you occasionaly still like to write in hieroglyphs for no particular reason :laugh:

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
That's actually pretty cool. I don't think I'd even be able to draw one.
Care to upload the pictures? :laugh:

I'll try to make a nice poster one day ^^

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I bet I can pretty much name them all in order from memory:

el
eld
tir
nef
eth
ith
tal
thul
amn
shael
sol
dol
ko?
hel
io
lum
fal
lem
pul
um
mal
ist
gul
vex
ohm

It gets a bit blurry here. I don't have much experience with them.

lo
ber
sur
jah
cham
zod

Am I missing one?

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually wouldn't mind wearing a rune chart t-shirt. Diablo pride dude.

I saw a site where some guy actually had tiny rune-shaped rocks and carved the symbols onto them. He made necklaces, keychains, bracelets and stuff with them. Like an Enigma would cost you roughly $30 with shipping or something like that. I wouldn't mind paying that much for it, since they looked REALLY nice and professionally done.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
TurbulentTurtle said:
I saw a site where some guy actually had tiny rune-shaped rocks and carved the symbols onto them. He made necklaces, keychains, bracelets and stuff with them. Like an Enigma would cost you roughly $30 with shipping or something like that. I wouldn't mind paying that much for it, since they looked REALLY nice and professionally done.
Pffft. I saw a pic of some dude that tattooed some rune symbols onto his arm. Now that's what I call hardcore.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
That's actually a pretty cool idea, since the rune symbols actually look really cool. It's not as hardcore as say, getting a band's name tattooed onto your arm. Because if you do that, you might eventually stop listening to that band, or they make crappy songs and albums, and the people might think you like that stink stuff.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
TurbulentTurtle said:
I actually wouldn't mind wearing a rune chart t-shirt. Diablo pride dude.

The guy selling the runes on eBay? He posted here a little, he lived in China. The funny part of the story was that he was selling them for 500 bucks though.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember something like that being posted here. But when I saw this guy, he actually had a site dedicated to selling the runewords that he made.