Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fun Facts About Your Ancestors.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nnndave, Feb 29, 2004.

1. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Fun Facts About Your Ancestors.

Everyone has heard stories about those before them, so what are some interesting ancestors your KNOW you have?

-my n'th g.grandparents sailed in on the mayflower
    -someone down the line was an inventor and he invented the machine that fills road cracks with tar.

yay. What about you?

2. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

My great grandfather's cousins son is supposedly Clint Eastwood. I'm also supposedly realated to the former Actor Rock Hudson.

3. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

George Gordon Lord Byron is a relative on my moms side back about 6 generations.

4. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

EDIT: woops misread the thread, move alone people nothing to see here.

5. Darkie

Darkie IncGamers Member

-My grandpa intercepted german message thingies and decoded them (nothing great and important, but I thought it was cool)
    -My great uncle met and talked to Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig when he was a kid
    -Two of my cousins, not sure what number but it was during the Civil War, were part of some briagade with the confederates and were highly ranked in it.
    -A relative of mine, on my dad's part of the family, was on the 1928 olympics lacrosse team. Theres a website about him that I found recently: http://americanhistory.si.edu/archives/d9443a.html

All I can think of, there may be more though. If I do think of more I'll post them.

6. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

My mother has found through her study of geneology that I am a direct decendant of Queen Anne Bolin, Henry VIII's second wife. If it had not been for the rebellion (the irish uprising, I think, could be wrong) that ousted my family's line, I would be prince, instead of Charliey boy.

It's a good thing though, cuz if I became King of England, I'd relocate the palace to Texas, name nnndave my head advisor, name Steston the national hatter, and I'd have duct tape holding the Crown Jewels in, and bailing wire holding the crown itself on the hood of my truck :lol:

not that special though, half of the world is a direct decendant of some English ruler or another

7. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

Yeah, I knew a kid in highschool who had worked out exactly how many people had to die in order for him to become the king of England. It was a shitload of people, but still.

8. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

I´m related to Greta Garbo on my mothers side.

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

My great great great great great (or something) grandfather came over on the Mayflower too. His uncle was the ship's doctor.

I'm also related to Sir Charles Tupper.

Half my family were loyalists during the American Revolution. They buried some of their belongings, including the family silver and some brass candlesticks. After the revolution, they came back and dug up some of the stuff. My mom has the candlestick. We have yet to get it appraised to confirm the story though.

edit: That's my mom's side. She's done a bit of geneology research on her side of the family. I don't know much about my dad's side other than that my great great great great (or something again) grandfather died at Gettysburg. I have a rubbing of his name on the Gettysburg Memorial.

10. Sp4rtacus

Sp4rtacus IncGamers Member

i am iron man.

11. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Nothing special about my ancestors I know. In highschool, when we were reading about US history, a name came about. It was a name of an inventor that invented the reaper. One of the students said that was his great grandfather. Then he went on a long speech about how his family line is so great because of his grandfather. How any girl that he choses to go out with him should be thankful...yada yada. I wanted to throw a shoe at that boy.

12. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

What a nerd. He's almost as nerdy as I am. My god, mega nerd. You should have interrupted him to shatter his pride.

13. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

Does anyone know a geneology site, or something along the lines of that, to help me find information on ancestors...because I don't know anything about them...

14. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

They all cost money. My fathers side were all politicians in Russia before the communists. My mothers side are illegal aliens, but theres a ton of them in American politics now, Id just rather not say who.

15. MagiusTheGrey

MagiusTheGrey IncGamers Member

My mom worked it out that somewhere down the line, my father is descended from Robert E Lee. I guess that means in a way I am too. Shes been doing the geneology studies for about 15 years now, and nothing excites her more than finding out about new people we are descended from.

16. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Dude, are you saying your n'th g.father is Robert E. Lee???!?!? Or just a branch off somewhere?

I just remembered another one. My gggggggrandfather used to raise cattle and he donated the ORIGINAL longhorn for the first UT mascott. yay.

Jonesy: I love having the oldest roots in this country :teeth:

17. MagiusTheGrey

MagiusTheGrey IncGamers Member

No, i dun think she said its a direct line, just a branch off somewhere if i recall. Id have to ask her to be positive, but im pretty sure its just a branch.

18. Danembont

Danembont Banned

Something like 2nd cousin twice removed is a famous actor. I think his name is Bruce Lee.

19. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Some of the oldest foreign roots anyway, espeically from Europe. I believe my nth grandfather's uncle was Samuel Fuller (I think that was the ship's doctor's name). My relatives' parents died en route to America and so he was taken in by his uncle.

edit: It seems his parents died during the first winter. Interestingly enough, his name was also Samuel Fuller.

20. justray

justray IncGamers Member

If I was religious, I'd say I was a direct decendant of Adam & Eve.