Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Full Trang's Poison-Mancer???

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sawse, Feb 4, 2004.

1. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Full Trang's Poison-Mancer???

Hi,

I am in the process of making a poison-mancer and am struggling with what equipment to use. I have heard that if you use death's web, bramble, 3 5/5 poison facets, and partial trangs, that you can kill monsters in 1-2 p novas in an 8 player game.

My delemma (aside from thinking I can't afford all the facets on top of death's web) is that I would really like to use the full Trang Oul's Avatar. I think the set bonuses are appealing, and I just love the way you look, gliding around the screen like that :) I will have 100% frw so I should be able to glide in and out of combat range at will hopefully.

I am hoping someone can tell me how effective I would be if I used full Trang's with death's web and no poison facets. I am especially interested in how fast I would kill in 6-8 player games.

My other gear would be:

8 p/b charms
    mara's
    2 soj
    (no anihilus on this one unfortunatly :( )

I was thinking it might be a good idea to use two of the sockets for bers because you need to get close to the monsters with p nova. That would give 41% dammage reduction.

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to get rolling with this character, but I can't go any further until I know what's what.

Thx in advance for the help,

sawse

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Full trangs has a bug in which you have no chance to block.

Keep that in mind. It's better for a hybrid/full summoner IMO. Or you could invest in bone wall and use bone armor (I would anyways). Slap on a pair of marrows for extra absorb (as long as you don't invest into prison)

3. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

no blocking for me on this one

Since I am going with so much run/walk speed, I was not planning on going for blocking. I was thinking to try using finess, dodging around, in and out of p nova range at top speed. I had not heard about that blocking bug though, so thanks for mentioning it. I do plan to use marrow walks and some investment in bone wall to get a solid bone amor.

4. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Full trangs also has a bug with movement.

Keep that in mind since your run/walk will be less effective.

5. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

rest of my points

I still haven't decided on what to do with the rest of my skill points. Since I want to move so fast, I am leaning away from the summoning tree. Maybe bone spirit. I thought of perhapse using a white wand (with +3 bs) and a +3 p/b head on switch, thus changing out of vampire mode to get fast cast. this would be another way to kill poison immunes, and because of fast cast it would probably be faster than fire walling. I will be using marrow walks any way, so I will get the free synergy, so I would do maybe around 2400 per cast if I recall correctly. Just a thought,... I'm waffling big time on this character for some reason. I think I just need some reassurance that trangs is solid in big hell games. I have my doubts but I hope it will be.

6. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Good Lord, ANOTHER bug??

What are the details on this one? That really surprises me because all the vampires that I have seen seem to move rather quickly.

7. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

Hi,

I would not recommend using full trangs as a poisonmancer. Try and get bramble, use deaths web and the 3 trang pieces for the poison res thingy. Full trangs should only be used on a pure summoner IMO, but i can see why you would want the nice resists and 30% DR.

For a good poisonmancer go for the following setup

Bramble
    Deaths web (with facet)
    Trang shield (with facet or diamond for resists)
    Shako with either facet or UM
    Maras would be a very good choice as well

You could max all poisons in 60 pts, then put one in each curse (i refuse to use the marrowalk bug, as when its fixed my char will be screwed lol)
    Then it would be a good idea to put about 5 pts in clay golem and summon res. You can do hell easy on this, i use the same setup (but also have 8 x P+B gcs) so have a 10.5k Nova :)

Anyway, whatever you choose good luck my friend

somewhatdamaged

ps, i am pretty sure that faster r/w does not make ANY difference when in vamp form (as i use it on my summoner, took off my 40% faster r/w boots and he went at the same speed...) just my 2 cents.

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

They do move quickly...you have a set amount of r/w as a vampire and no amount of faster r/w can change it.

9. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

hmmm

So my hyper-speed idea is out I guese.

But what about the dammage with trangs? I realize that I wouldn't have the highest dammge possible in the game, but I like the coolness factor of the vampire thing. Anyone have any idea how many p novas it would take to kill monsters in an 8 player game using full trangs?? I know it will vary according to their poison resistance, but I want to try and get a general idea. If it's more than 3 or 4 I may have to abandon my dream. You can only run so far before you end up awakening a new pack of monsters then I'd be dead for sure :(

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Here's mine:
    PD-20
    PE-20
    PN-20
    Teeth-1
    CE-1
    SM-1
    RS-20
    Gumby-1
    GM-1
    SR-1
    AD-1
    DV-1
    Weaken-1
    IM-1
    Terror-1
    LT-1
    Decrepify-1
    LR-1 *might get to 60%

With my Trangs and +items (had no luck getting p/b charms) my Curses are at 10, with 71/75/75/75 resists in hell.

All my spare points (level83 now) go into SM though Skeletons are strong already.

You can kill (in hell) without a death's web, and bramble (they make it so much easier though).

Bramble puts me at over 7k Poison Damage ( with full trang's it's alittle over 5.5 k For Me)

I would get a Might merc for Skeletons though instead of a HF one.

I just made my bramble yesterday, and makes killing more easier (though I lose in my resists) so might put it on merc instead...don't know yet.

I find Skeletons more useful than Revives with Poison....and have enjoyed watching them act like my personal linemen.

Fun Build, easy in hell, and have soloed hell with it also. Pit runs are so easy with poison anyway (with or without resists)

If you need asistance, and are on West ladder...feel free to messege me *DeadFukker

I don't mind helping fellow Necro's get through problem area's.

HoS

With