Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

full trangs build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tolano, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Tolano

Tolano IncGamers Member

full trangs build

k, well i play SP as my schools internet does not allow d2 to connect to bnet. since im a grailer i have a full set of trangs which i want to utilize, what build would be best for this? bear in mind that i want be viable in hell. This character is sc so i can deal with dying a few times =). ill list the items i dont have access to which might be useful in this build so that you guys know what im not working with. These items may become available after some more mfing is done, but as of right now i dont have them, and i dont trade so thats out of the picture.

Sojs
    eye of etlich
    bull kathos
    Io rune (for white)
    reapers toll (for merc)
    marrowwalk
    poison facets

some items i do have that might be of use

AoKL
    full trangs (duh)
    atmas
    wizspike
    dwarf star
    ravenfrost

there are probably more but ill see what you guys come up with =) thanks in advance.

2. Vae Victus

Vae Victus IncGamers Member

I use a Spirit sword with my trangs, and love it. Not sure what you want to do, but I found resistances aren't a very big deal with him (I'd just use wiz spike if they were).

Also Duriel's Shell (or Up'ed Duriel's Shell) is like the greatest armor a merc can get. I use Duriel's, Steelskull, and an Insight weapon on my Might merc, and he dies about as often as me (which was never until I put a point into Bone Prison and ruined my Bone Armor, yay, 85 levels down the drain).

Rings and Ammy are whatever you want I'd say. I just use a junk Teleport ammy I found and 2 crafted rings for strength (i.e., more Vitality), Resistances, and mana (just enough mana to make sure I never run out with my merc's insight).

Those are my thoughts anyway.

3. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

psn probaly, but pvm is so zzz sorry all monsters fan out there dueling rox

4. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Hiya Tolano, allow me to welcome you to the SPF again :)

Excellent build for Trang-Oul's is a poisonmancer to take advantage of the +25% poison bonus. The "Usamamancer" utilizes maxed poison skills, maxed skelly mastery and the rest into raise skelly.
    An alternative build would be a standard summoner(maxed skellies) or a lord of mages to take advantage of the fire-skills granted to you.
    Boneskills are discouraged because of the "bugged" cast rate.

Ravenfrost is a great ring for melee chars but since you already have cannot be frozen on your build, its not useful at all.

You can get IO runes fairly easily from NM/Hell countess. Shop at normal Drogan for a good socketed wand with Pnova etc. AoKL is a good "pre-buff" wand to raise minions.

For jewelry since you don't need fast cast, leech etc just focus on resists/life/+skills and mf if possible of course.

Hope this helps.

Btw, 2 random thoughs,
    1) you play D2 at school?
    2) I don't have the items listed in your first list too (besides IO/SoJ) and no AoKL either.

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Either a Summoner or Venomancer can use full trang's...just don't try a bone build with it.

HoS

6. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

What do you mean?

EDIT: Nvm, thought it said Bone Wall. :cool:

7. Tolano

Tolano IncGamers Member

thanks guys. i think im gonna go witht he usamamancer, sounds like fun since i love minions and poison.

in response to your first question sunbeam, i live at school (boarding school not college) so i have to use the internet service they provide for us, which is fast. it used to allow me to play online with d2 and wc3 but for some reason they are now blocked. oh well, single player is a lot of fun and it looks like i may have a few buddies getting d2 so then i can play some lan. oh and btw, i found a gheeds today! im so excited, even though its only 25% mf. playing through the game with a char seems to net alot more of the uniques/sets i dont have than mfing does, weird.

8. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

what bugged cast rate for bone?

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Full Trang’s ruins your cast rate therefore making it unusable for Bonemancers.

10. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

People tend to consider it a bug, but I think it's intentional --- it's far too obvious to slip through even superficial testing.

In Vampire form, various speed-things change --- your movement speed turns very fast, same as run speed. Your attack speed. including the "barrel kicking speed", gets very slow --- and so does the cast rate; essentially it drops through the floor. Personally, I very much like the movement bonus, and I get slightly annoyed by the barrel kicking penalty.

So full trangs is no good for any build that needs attack or casting speed. There are no major issues with poison since poison doesn't stack, and corpse explosion works fine even with comparatively slow cast rate. Raising skellies certainly doesn't need speed, and neither does cursing.

11. Tolano

Tolano IncGamers Member

since i dont trust myself to come up with my own build, could someone point me in the direction of a good psn/usamamancer? build? im kind of upset, i actually looked today and found that i dont have trangs belt, thought i did but its not there, grrr. oh well, the WF has been pretty high lately (except for the stupid HoZ) so hopefully ill get one pretty soon

12. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Here you go mate, one guide coming up.