Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Full Trang Poison/Summon : Viable?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by batuchka, Apr 7, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Full Trang Poison/Summon : Viable?

I recently managed to complete the Trang Set and read various builds on the Poison/Summon Build. I have decided to make a summon-heavy build that looks like this :
    Max Raise Skelly
    Max Skelly Mastery
    Max Poison Nova
    Max Poison Dagger
    Max/As many pts Poison Explosion

My question is : would nova damage be significantly reduced w/o Bramble? This is PvM and i was thinking base dex and go all out vita. I shall try to find/trade for a Death's Web and go with a mightmerc. With minimal PnB charms how much nova dmg would i be looking at?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

What about curses...Since you're maxing both skellies and poison you need to decide if you're going to use amplify damage and focus on skellies or get lower resists and focus on poison. Without the curses your skelly/poison won't be very strong. If you're going poison you need -%enemy poison resists and to a lesser extent +%poison damage..both are very important. Without -% enemy resists your poison isn't going to do sufficient damage (one example is Lister who has 95% poison resists in Hell:() So get that Death's Web and Lower Resist for some sweet poison damage.

3. batuchka

Oops ya - gonna put a point in every curse but not sure about the AI ones for this build as its rather pts heavy :D Oh ya marrows is the boot of choice so i'd have a sweet bone armor too hehe.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Full Trangs is a good equipment set-up for this kind of summon/poison hybrid. It will serve your Skellies and poison well. Take a good look at the different poison/summon guides in the [ Essential Necromancer Information ] sticky to see how you can distribute the skill points. They focus more on the poison side of things, but all in all they spend as many points in the P&B and Summoning trees as you do. So you can take a look at their Curse tree to see how they managed that.

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

No it won't. If you can get a death's web you should be able to clear crowds with your poison easily. Dweb + 3 piece trang (or full for that matter) = easy crowds.

6. batuchka

Hmm thks! Shall mf/trade for a Death's Web i guess :D As for the merc option i was thinking of a might equipped with that runeword that gives conviction aura but am reluctant due to the cost hehe. Lower Resist + Conviction makes a really awesome combo for a poison/nova trangmancer ..with all that fireworks as well ya?

7. NefariousNothing

NefariousNothing IncGamers Member

Conviction doesn't lower poison resistance -- as salvation doesn't give poison resistance.

Conviction might nice for a fishymancer though? Crazy damage, - fire res, -100% phys with amp. Be something to consider.

8. Necrochild313

Also, most importantly, that -defense that'll help your minions more than any +%AR could hope to :eek:

9. Chimaira

How exactly is Skelly AR figured out...I know it has something to do with your own level and probably level of Raise Skeleton/Skeleton Mastery...but I've never really experienced my skellies not hitting...Does anyone know?

10. Necrochild313

The skeletons level = your clvl in 1.10

Chance to hit formula:

Skellie AR is listed on the Skill Description I believe, I'll check it in a minute.

It's the chance to hit formula your thinking about. And yes, skeletons do tend to miss especially if your a bit lower level than you should be, it's just that you have so many, that even with say, 60% CTH they'll still hit often and seem to never miss, though if pay close attention you'll see at times they'll miss as much as 1/2 the time, it's just that lets say 6 out of 12 hitting when swinging at the same time is still alot, it's just the fact that they'll hit even MORE often when the monster have lower defense.

11. Chimaira

It is indeed listed...but skellies seem to have crap attack rating...if they have the same level as you with pitiful attack rating they shouldn't be able to hit anything. I'm not completely sure about monster defence in 1.10, but it seems quite substantial when I look at some of my melee characters chance to hit...and they have at least double the AR of my skeletons...So I'm guessing skeletons only have 50% chance to hit at most...which seems very low. I know that when you have so many it's difficult to keep check on whether they're actually hitting or not, but 50% seems low. Beast should really make a difference, not only with damage/speed but also AR...