Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Full Sazabi vita bear - viable?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by batuchka, Jun 17, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Full Sazabi vita bear - viable?

I had long wondered what build could be decent with this set and i was thinking a PvM vita-maul bear :p Full set bonuses :

+40% Faster Run/Walk
    15% Life Stolen Per Hit
    Increase Maximum Life 27%
    All Resistances +30

How much life would a bear gain and isit significant with full sazabi bonuses? Also Dragoon's weapon chart shows a shael sazabi sword hits 7fpa maul with 45oias. Proposed gear:

Full Sazabi (ias jewel in helm/p ruby or um armor)
    Stormshield
    gores
    raven
    dual leech ring
    nosferatus coil
    highlords
    dracs

Skills:

Max Werebear
    Max Lyncantrophy
    Max Maul
    Max Oak
    Rest into Shockwave

You guys think this is hell viable?

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Viable? probably yes, if only in 1 player games. But i dont think it will be very enjoyable, the life bonus isnt significant at all (u can compare it to extra +2-3 skill lvls in lycanthropy), the damage on the sword is just pathetic, and 7 fpa maul is well, slow :D , but kudos for trying out something different.

3. batuchka

Ya the damage on sazabi sword is kindda sucky hehe. I was thinking hitting a high lvl werebear (higher %dmg) and a might merc tagging along and back in .09 my furryone was using a shaeled Mess Reaver @ 9fpa/shockwave and that wasn't too bad. Well granted the baddies back then weren't as nasty now :p Another option is to slap on a ghoulhide gloves to add %ed to undead/ml.

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

sazabi isn't as bad as you think damagewise. remember that a lot of bears hit 3k or 4k charged maul with a phase blade. sazabi's has almost 3x the damage of that,e ven if it is many frames slower. It could work alright, but i would really suggest using the set on a pally. the extra life would be fairly noticeable there.

--welt

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

But u know, those bears also have a 120 max dmg armor and stuff like that :).

6. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

its true...well, not so true. my stone bear hits 3.2k fully charged with a phase. (min sucks, though) no max gear, but a few charms. I prefer caddy most of the time, and if only pvm, then no reason not to. its definitely different.

--welt

7. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

i have only ever found one use for the sazabi set. if you really wanta freak some people out, build a max faster run/walk barb. he can out run a sin or pally. :D it only takes two parts from the set to get that 40% f r/w as i recall. i have a barb on uswest named FasterThanU. I love taking him into pubby games and haveing people go 'oh yeh? i'll race you!' two minutes later they're going holy crap, wth you have on him??? lol

oh wait, the sword is good on a buffy zon (melle zon that has max damage to demons / undead) until you can wear a schaeffers.

if anyones found any other use for the set, more power to ya. :)

8. batuchka

Hmm that is an interesting super fast barb :p Possibly a Frenzier could use full set with a Grief phase and do some nice damage i think..or crescent moon cryptic for static?

Welt : 4fpa 110ias phase + max wb/maul + fort = dmg?
    There is a guide linked from dragoon's werebear guide (might be .09) that encourages maxed fireclaws not for the firedmg but the AR boost so bear could max Oak and go vita. Would that kind of damage with maul + shockwave (stun) be PvM viable?

9. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

there's a fireclaws / poison build somewhere thats viable in 1.10 i would hesitate before trying a 1.09 elly build, even though that one doesnt go for max elly damage. find someone that has one and ask them if the build still works in 1.10. :)

start a new thread called fireclaws build? or sumthin, that may get some attention. :)

as i said, i've been off the scene for six months, but i think the funnest new bear for 1.10 is the revamped shocker bear builds :)