Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Full/Near Full RS/SM Poisonmancer Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Pherdnut, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Full/Near Full RS/SM Poisonmancer Hybrid?

All the hybrid guides seem less interested in getting maxed out skeletons. I've been thinking of building a poiskelloer with the following in skills:

Summoning

19/19 RS/SM
    1/1 CG/GM
    1 Summon Resist

PNB

60 in all poison skills
    2 for CE

Curses

7 points to get Amp and LR + all prereqs.

I've got arm and Homonc on a swapout for prebuffing skellies (or a better fetish if I can find one) and then switch over to Wing and a crapass DWeb I'm hoping to trade for on Monday.

The rest of my gear is:

Shako
    Trang Armor
    Trang Gloves
    +2 all Necro Amu

Boots and Rings - Best I have, but I don't have anything particularly relevant to the build aside from marrows for skellie bonus but those are on my bonemancer atm.

So what do you guys think? Am I missing something here? I don't want my skellies to be kind of good. I want them to guard my backside and then turn into a lethal killing force when I run into immunes and switch from LR to Amp Damage.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This seems way cool, the only downside is the massive amounts of skillpoints you need to complete the build:( As far as I can tell this build won't be finished until lvl 99 and that'll take a long time. Still it will be quite viable even at lower levels, since it's basically a skellymancer with a kickass poison attack.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've got two necros right now, both half built. One with 100% poison skills and the other with a mix of skellies and poison who was really getting too weak in either to go solo. I think I may just have to party play my way through to get to Hell Baal Runs with the pure poisoner. Just thought it would be cool to have both options for solo rune running/socketable searching and maybe MFing if I can find the right gear.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

You generally want to specialize in one of the two when you go hybrid, depending on your gear. I've found mixing stats evenly is a flawed strategy (I've made 4-5 poison/skelly hybrids...my favorite pvm build). If you have a deaths web maxing your poison skills is by far the most effective route (with the rest of you points into skeleton mastery), however, if you do not I'd suggest maxing your skeletons and place the remaining points into a poison synergy.

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I found that going with maxxing skeletons and 1 into mastery to start...made it easier to level...and then I maxxed all 3 poison skills...and remaining points went into mastery.

Once I had PN and PE taken care of and had my death's web equipped...getting PD maxxed was just that much easier. Obviously though...in order to have strong enough skeletons in hell...they need to have a high enough level in mastery to be effective on their own.

With my items...I had a level 16 mastery with only one point into it...and if I was determined to get myself to 90+ then I would have a more damaging skeletons.

HoS