full ik: advice for sockets

saint_of_killers

Diablo: IncGamers Member
full ik: advice for sockets

my barb's gear includes full ik, havoc spiral, bk ring, and mara's (sorry for the dupe). my maul has 2 40/15 maxes (sorry again). but i'm wondering what to put in the 2 sockets in helm and 1 socket in armor? all items are .10 except armor, so i got the 20%dr, 1/2 freeze, etc, so i decided to pass up ber and/or cham. my rsts are 75+ all in hell, so i'm thinking maybe put in a Lo in armor for 80 max light rst and swap my havoc spiral for a whisp projector. My damage is healthy enough, but since i'm pretty well set on defense, i figure more ed/max jewels in helm. any advice? guess i really just want to know if getting Lo+whisp would be worth it over a ed/max+havoc spiral

put 2 40/15ias or 2 shaels in the maul for ww bp, you end up doing more dmg, and put some 40/15 maxes in the armor/helm, you should do fine against lightning dmg (mainly souls)

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS said:
put 2 40/15ias or 2 shaels in the maul for ww bp, you end up doing more dmg, and put some 40/15 maxes in the armor/helm, you should do fine against lightning dmg (mainly souls)
Do NOT put ed/max jewels in armors/helms/shields, as they are bugged and do not provide the appropriate damage. Ed/max jewels only work in weapons, so for armor use ed/str.

-Hal

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
Do NOT put ed/max jewels in armors/helms/shields, as they are bugged and do not provide the appropriate damage. Ed/max jewels only work in weapons, so for armor use ed/str.

-Hal
But if you use WW then you really should have 30 ias in the weapon from the sockets

saint_of_killers

thanks for the help (specially the ed/max jewels too, remembering reading that a while back) though i remember reading that all non-weapon ed was affected or something, but if you say it's only ed/max jewels, maybe ed/min as well as ed/str jewels?.

So my Lo/whisp idea is somewhat obsolete? though i never die from souls, it is still an annoyance to use my rejuvs while fighting a large pack of them. Thanks Blizzard!!

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
But if you use WW then you really should have 30 ias in the weapon from the sockets
Right, I wasn't arguing that, I was just saying that ed/max jewels only work in weapons.

Same goes for ed/min, to the original poster.

-Hal

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
Right, I wasn't arguing that, I was just saying that ed/max jewels only work in weapons.

Same goes for ed/min, to the original poster.

-Hal
I know that Hal. I was just making sure that the original poster knew that as well.

saint_of_killers

thanks all, looks like i'll have to find me some ed/str jewels.
as for the 40/15 iases (is that how you'd do plural ias?) in maul, i knew i needed the extra 30ias to reach a faster bp, but i didn't think it'd be that big of a difference. after checking it out, i would apparently do 2 more hits in ww if i had the extra 30 ias...sheesh, looks like i gotta get those 40/15iases in maul now. but, i don't want to unsocket it, cuz it'd be a waste of 40/15 maxes, so i guess i'll have to trade it...any buyers!? :D

WackenOpenAir

Diabloii.Net Member
If on europe, i'll trade it for my empty maul ok? then it wont cost you a hel rune.....

really, such a weapon would be very interesting for me since i use it for berserk. but i dont have trade stuff of value (pul = highest rune)

Grandar King of Trolls

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:

-Hal
What jewels are bugged for socketing into armor/shield/helm? I've done some research and can't seem to find a thread/realiable listing. I have a mule full of pgems that I can't seem to trade off, so I'm going to use the cube recipe and want to know what I am looking for.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Grandar King of Trolls said:
What jewels are bugged for socketing into armor/shield/helm? I've done some research and can't seem to find a thread/realiable listing. I have a mule full of pgems that I can't seem to trade off, so I'm going to use the cube recipe and want to know what I am looking for.
Just ed/max and ed/min jewels, Gran. Other jewels are fine. If you want more damage, go with ed/elemental or, more preferably, ed/str (40/9 being perfect).

-Hal

Grandar King of Trolls

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Hal.

Ed/elemental and ed/str for armor and shael for maul. Maybe ed/max for ik maul and then ed/ias in the armor. Can I hit the last ww bp that way, or do I still need ot use some shaels? Still don't see those silly calculators at work. :scratch:

EDIT: Oh wait. IAS only works in weapon for WW. I have to do ed/ias in maul and ed/str in armor/helm. Now I'm up to speed.

saint_of_killers

WackenOpenAir said:
If on europe, i'll trade it for my empty maul ok? then it wont cost you a hel rune.....

really, such a weapon would be very interesting for me since i use it for berserk. but i dont have trade stuff of value (pul = highest rune)
thanks, but i play on west =\
hey hal, this is somewhat OT, but since you seem to know about the science and mathematics of d2 (hhmm...diablo2 theory class sounds cool for a college course) do you have any explanation for this? http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=150517