Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FT: Crafted Gloves IAS Life Leech Crush etc

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by Knarlfist, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Knarlfist

Knarlfist Diabloii.Net Member

FT: Crafted Gloves IAS Life Leech Crush etc

My first stab this season at a crafted item, and it didn't turn out too bad =p
    I'll put them up for offers, see if anyone is interested.

Crafted Vampirebone Gloves
    114 Def
    50 Str Req
    Lvl57

+20% IAS
    +5% Bonus to AR
    2% Life Leech
    8% Crushing Blow
    +15 Life
    +5% Poison Resist
    +5 Light Radius

*knarlfist

2. sonofjohn

sonofjohn Diabloii.Net Member

Re: FT: Crafted Gloves IAS Life Leech Crush etc

Knarlfist, sorry to ask a question in your thread, but does crushing blow apply to ranged attacks? (aka: bows) I'm thinking about jumping on this, but I found some rare gauntlets with 20%ias, 3%life leech, 1+ bow and cross, 24%mf, and 8%fire res.

3. Knarlfist

All in all, for a Zon I think I would like +skills slightly better, since Crushing more important for Bosses than regular mobs, and it's so easy to get a good amount of Crush on your merc. Ranged rules always confuse me, since some things take a penalty and some things don't... since I am not dead sure, I will look around a little on the Zon forum and see if I can find the correct answer for you.

Good question btw ;-)

Edit: assuming this guide is correct on the matter...

"Crushing Blow is less effective on bows than it is on melee weapons, so having you merc equipped with something that gives this mod will help ease that penalty somewhat."
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240912

4. sonofjohn

Wow thanks for the information knarlfist. Glad you didn't pull the "oh crushing blow is soooo good, you need these soooo bad."

I've actually taken a recent interest in crafting. I understand the mods on magic items make no difference, but does it matter where the magic items are picked up? Also, isn't your character level taken into account in crafting?

5. Knarlfist

What I just read off Arreat Summit was:

"The basis for the calculation of the affix level is the item level. The ilvl of a Crafted Item is equal to half the level of the crafting character (rounded down) plus half the ilvl of the input item (rounded down). Put another way:

(1) ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * ilvl)
    The ilvl calculated in (1) has to undergo two checks and possible modifications. First, ilvl is capped at 99:

(2) if ilvl > 99 then ilvl = 99
    Then qlvl and ilvl are compared. The higher number is used for further calculations:

(3) if qlvl > ilvl then ilvl = qlvl
    The final step is to determine the affix level. If the ilvl is smaller than 99 – int(qlvl/2) then the affix level is ilvl – int(qlvl/2). Otherwise the affix level is ilvl*2 – 99:

(4) if ilvl < (99 – int(qlvl/2)= then affix level = ilvl - int(qlvl/2) else affix level = ilvl * 2 - 99.
    It's also worth noting that the ilvl, the quality and the properties of the jewel are completely irrelevant and don't affect the outcome at all. "

I used Vampirebone Gloves that dropped in Ancient Tunnels in Hell, with a lvl79 Char to craft them. So I figured I had a nice shot at most of the good mods one would want on a craft roll.

6. sonofjohn

Very useful information. Is it true that the most common crafting items are:

magic amulets (+2 skills mod)
    magic gloves (leech, ias, cb)
    magic rings
    caster boots

Once again, sorry for all of the questions, but I've been interested in crafting for some time, and thought I needed to be level 94 or so...

7. Knarlfist

Getting in the high 90s is really more about gambling things like Amulets.

You can get to the point at a certain lvl, where if you gamble an Amulet, and it turns out to be rare, you have 100%chance to roll +2skills along with the other mods.

For all of the "Orange" self Crafted stuff, I don't think it's all that important to be super high lvl when you craft it. If you get TOO high, you allow higher lvl mods that can get rolled into your crafted item, that you both didn't even want on it AND can seriously raise to Lvl Req to be so high you can't even equip it yet.

As far as Gambling non-Amulets, the only thing else I even think is worth the gold trying for is Coronet, since with the way their Magic Level enchances the mod rolls, you don't have to worry so much about your cLvl. Just skip gambling Circlets, and keep refreshing the Gamble screen until you see a Coronet come up.

8. sonofjohn

I actually tried gambling coronets today. Out of 4 or 5, one was a rare with plus 2 assasin skills an some other mods. I'll continue to gamble coronets.

As for finding these vampirebone gloves, do you recommend the ancient tunnels? Or are there other places I can try?

9. Knarlfist

Ancient Tunnels is just nice for me because it's one of the highest level areas in the game, yet doesn't have any cold immunes.

As for finding base items, I am sure you'll be fine with just about anything you find in Hell. Just pay careful attention to the requirements of the base you decide to look for, since if you add some of the higher mods on top you may end up with a real nasty lvl req on them.

Don't forget to save Tiara's/Diadem's for your Imbues as well!

10. planqi

planqi Diabloii.Net Member

Quick little note about sweet spots on crafting:
    rings and amulets have a qlvl = 1, so ilvl fully matters
    rings: clvl 80-83 if you gamble the rings and craft them. This will avoid a ring w/ lvl req 96 (from the highest ml mod and having 4 affixes)

amulets: clvl 93+ to guarantee the chance to get +2 all skills for a class on all crafts if you gamble the amulet then craft it with this level of char.

gloves: a bit more complicated if you want to try to avoid some useless "charge" affixes, but this matters most when you are crafting lots and lots and have full knowledge of the ilvl of the glove you are using as a base.

11. sonofjohn

knarlfist: Is imbuing based off of your clvl?

planqi: Getting a character to 93 is going to be difficult. I've got a sorc to 87 right now, and I'm already sick of running baals. Still thank you for the information.

12. Knarlfist

"Act I: Quest 5: Tools of the Trade (Imbue)
    Imbue creates a new rare item out of the base item you want to Imbue. The stats of the base item do not matter as it is only used to determine what type of rare item will result from using Imbue. Also, the quality of the item used (Superior, Normal, Damaged, etc.) does not affect the new item. So don't waste your time looking for a Superior Item or for specific Defense because it doesn't matter. Any properties of the old item are lost when the new rare item is created. Your character level determines what magical properties your new rare item can have, so characters with higher levels have more, but not always better, options available. Consult the Magic Prefix and Suffix pages for a listing of Magical Bonuses and levels. Since the magical properties on the item created are random, you might not always receive a 'good item' from Imbue.

It's often best to save your Imbue and use it on an Exceptional or Elite Item. "