FRW WW breakpoints?..

Werx

Diabloii.Net Member
FRW WW breakpoints?..

I've heard that frw affects ww speed and I've heard it doesn't.
So far no one has offered anything (that i've seen) to back up either argument.
Anyone have any REAL information on this?
Please don't list what you've "heard" from someone that "knows".

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Werx said:
I've heard that frw affects ww speed and I've heard it doesn't.
So far no one has offered anything (that i've seen) to back up either argument.
Anyone have any REAL information on this?
Please don't list what you've "heard" from someone that "knows".

In one of the many blobguide iterations he did make a comment that 7 to increased speed (base) enabled him to maintain the maximum number of checks to hit. My concern of this statement is that it doesn't seem to take into account the gear that you might be wearing. If you're wearing arreats and arachs you'd have two more to skills than wearing COA and dungos. If you throw in maras in the mix instead of angelics, you've got as much as 4 more to skills, and then there's the Doom issue, if using one for attack.

So, this is probably no help whatsoever. I've read nothing that says that a certain percentage of faster run/walk hurts your chance to hit other than what blobs guide would imply (and he only addressed base skill allocation in increased speed, not a concern that 30 for gores+7 incr speed+2 5%frw charms+cats eye=60% as many checks per attack). Mcm didnt' address it in his short guide, though I think he suggested only 6 in increased speed.

I'm definitely interested in understanding this more too, since I feel that my barb could be greatly helped with a few more points to increased speed. I've got some saved skill points and I'm debating on leap or a few more points to increased speed (though I'm only looking at a 1% increase per point as it currently stands).

Any of the gurus help us on this?

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
Faster run/walk does affect ww. This I know from using a ww-barb earlier in 1.10. If you run or walk faster, you will ww faster and thus take less time to go where you click. For pvm, this is bad, as it makes your wwinds much less effective, especially with the cool down at the end, whereas, for pvp, if you spend too much time getting to where you want to go, it can equal death.

It's safer to have quicker whirls in pvm as well, but after comparing the effectiveness of whirls using fast boots and slow, the lameness of the fast ww was too much to bear. if you can stand the slower run walk speed and want the most effective whirl, you should put no points into faster run, wear boots w/o much faster r/w (i like upped goblin toes personally), and wear heavy armor or shield. Also, try to stay decrepified as much as possible :)

edit: Oh, and about breakpoints. I'm pretty sure that there are no breakpoints for frw, just a continuous speed increase. If this is the case, then this is also true when it comes to frw affecting ww.