Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frustration with key Hunting

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by malakho, Aug 29, 2006.

1. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

Frustration with key Hunting

Okay...So I got my windy high enough to key hunt, and currently have done about 35 games so far...and no keys at all. None.

Haven't been running nilithak...waiting to do with my zon. But summoner and countess so far have netted me a big fat zero. now, don't get me wrong, i wasnt' expecting a bunch of keys each run. But when I did this last time, I got at least 2.5 sets of keys out of maybe 10 runs total.

Here's the details.
    Killed baal in hell. Currently have finished all quests save the imbue quest, killing nilhithak, and the book quest in act3. can't figure out what is going on. am I just having a horrible string of luck? Is there somehting else i'm missing here in order to get them to start dropping keys. I am wearing a torch on my druid right now...don't know if that would throw it off. Also have about 120%mf on me, 100% on merc. didn't think mf affected key drops, does it?

Just a little frustrated. Thinking abotu lvlng a sorc to make the process a little quicker. Just luck? pretty bad odds if it is, the worst i've encountered so far.:cry:

malachi

2. TurboC--

TurboC-- Banned

I shouldn't mention the TKey I just got from my casual countess run, should I? :D I think it is supposed to be 1/33 or so? So if you kill all 3 in a game, you should get a key every 11 games or so. Just a run of bad luck I think.

3. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Its just a string of bad luck. Stick with it and you'll eventually be rewarded. If its an consolation, most of my double key drops came after a dry spell.

Your odds of getting keys improves if you run for them in bigger games.

4. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Is it 1/33 or 1/16...1/16 seems familar.Whichever it still comes down to luck.Ive ran nihla over 70 times and still had no keys then sometimes two in a row...or two in one drop:grin:.You just need to persevere...

5. tmorrow

tmorrow IncGamers Member

The stats I've heard are as follows, sourced from one of the Battlenet forums (sorry lost link). In a 1 player game per kill:

Key of Terror has a 1/14 chance
    Key of Hate has a 1/11 chance
    Key of Destruction has a 1/12 chance

You can get two, three, or possibly even more keys from a single drop. These keys are nonmagical and your chance to find magic items does NOT have an effect on their drop rate. However, having more players in the game will increase your chances.

I'm not sure what the formula is for the increase in chance as a function of number of players. It would be interesting to know though.

My experience shows that running in n-player games where n is the highest number where I can survive, gives the most key drops.

6. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input y'all :grin:

I'll pull some of that stick-to-it-ness out of my pocket.
    tha and im sure teh sorc's tele will speed things up a bit. that and i need a reason to use tha eschutas I found :goofy:

Malachi