Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frustration on USEast: What happened to "legit" rules in palapk duels?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by inkanddagger, Feb 29, 2004.

1. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

Frustration on USEast: What happened to "legit" rules in palapk duels?

Okay, in 09 palapk was generally legit private dueling central. back then there were some established "rules" which seem to have been thrown out the window in 1.1 (not just out the window but over the freaking cliff!)

1)All duels were made in nightmare difficulty.

this was done to promote versatility of the builds, allowing for people to have balance bewteeen resistances, damage reduced, and damage output. lately all the games seem to be made in hell difficulty. why?

2)life tap, lowers resist, weaken, amplify damage were big no nos.

They provide an unfair advantage to the user, and promote builds based around these modifications which make the balance structure obsolete.

3)cross class skills are considered bad manners.

in 09 this was mainly referring to life tap, amp dmg etc... but now we have foh paladins who use lowers resist with conv and then put you into a bone prison, and teleporting hammerdins.

There is more but I feel that these are the most important things that have "gone wrong" with palapk on the east. What happened? did all the veterans quit? did they all flip their lids?

A personal side note: I am sick of seing green paladins with a crown, an ethereal zerker axe, and an ethereal (obviosly exile) shield running around. You all look like a gang of retardid elves.

where the hell did the palapk mods go?

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

all green pallys (ie gaze) look even worse

3. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

A lot of the assholes in other classes moved to pala's.

I was playing the other day and one too many time was I asked what my weapon was (I didn't die at all and had a good 50 kills on me). After saying it was silence, they then asked what that was. Now these weren't BStar + hwannin's crowns newbs, but **** like BotD and Crown of the ages and so forth...

Most had even been playing for 2 years + and said they never even heard of silence...

They're probably the zon/barb/sorc newbs in 1.09 that want a new toy to play with. That's all.

4. memememe173

shoulda told them it was ITH cause i is kinda sorta,,,, i bet they woulda understood that

5. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

Good call, I like that. I think I will start calling it an Ith from now on.

6. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Templars might is gg man i wish i had one not everyone can afford that big of an item. But i think all green paladins look Sweet and unique but u dont find them too much. They are still killable but takes luck i mean 50k def is wrong plain WRONG but its fun dueling thenm ^_^
    LIfe tap is a common paladin thing now. Its on exile and dracs which is perfect for paladins.

99% of palapk paladins use it i like it imo its not really bm since leech is like impossible and it doesnt help that much.

7. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

Yeah... doesn't help that much... no?

8. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

ooooo silence, hmmmm!!!

9. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I was in palapk today, and everyone used lifetap, LIke it didnt really affect in anyway no one cares now. Life tap is 1.10 oriented paladin skill that triggers from paladin oriented items ( exile ) its veryuseful and i dont think it disturbs the fun of the game.

I can now duel ww barbs and other chars that i would not of been able to do in 1.09 with ease because life tap helps alot in the long run ^_^

It leeches back like 100-200 life which is nice but if they are good life tap wont help u in any way.

10. c0ncept

c0ncept IncGamers Member

i run the game in palapk :lol:

11. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

In my opinion it's acceptable if both parties have it but it's still pretty lame. Although if we are going the life tap route then I guess I can use my etheral Lacerator on my V/T and have like 2 second kills. That GG too right?

12. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

wow lacerator is awesome....but amp in all ways is stronger than lifetap....

BUt its pubby anything goes... Lifetap helped me survived a bugged paladin and im happy with it. Anyways mostly everyone i encounter in palapk has exile/lifetap so its like a new thing. If exile did not have life tap then i would consider it not fair

13. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

I agree with the original poster. Not that palapk was a very fun place to duel in anyway, but at least there were some sort of rules. Yeah, in pubbys anything goes I guess. Just the way it did before with all those bugged zons who used slow and amp. The reason why I don't duel much anymore.

14. Afro-Mojo

Afro-Mojo IncGamers Member

wow palapk still exists lol ever since iths i kinda left it. btw yall talkin east or west? dont bother trying to duel in east as a palas most are newbs IMO from what ive seen in the past. as for the lifetap thing i think its kinda acceptable cuz i wanna eventualy have an exile and at its cost if i cant duel with it dats kinda dumb unno?

15. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

the def on exile is needed now. If u didnt have over 25k def ud die in one hit or die very fast since def is god now ^_^

16. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

One hit? If you died in one hit, wouldn't that be the same no matter what def?

17. Vindi66

Vindi66 Banned

When did defence become the same as DR?

18. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I mean die first few zeals ^_^

19. memememe173

when DR got capped at 50

20. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

About life tap - I've basically "won" duels against people with exile, and then lost them. With my duelers I always have enough life, dr, and defense to hold out for a good many hits, even vs botd zealots. When I pummel someone in a no-leech duel that lasts nearly a minute, have 3/4 life and my opponent has ~5 hp left and then life tap triggers - it is pointless for me to continue the duel. although I can hold out for a little while longer, it doesn't make a ****ing difference at all because life tap = 5 hp -2k hp in 1 -2 hits landed.

Would you life tappers ***** If I start bringing an amp damage wand into palapk? It essentially does the same thing.

I'm talking private duels here people, not pubbies.