frozenwall socr help

reww

Diabloii.Net Member
frozenwall socr help

i herd of a build where u max frozen orb, cold mastery, ice bolt , fire wall and fire mastery has any one ever built one and do u think it will be hell viable:wink3:

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
i herd of a build where u max frozen orb, cold mastery, ice bolt , fire wall and fire mastery has any one ever built one and do u think it will be hell viable:wink3:
It's Hell Viable, although you'll want to get some practice aiming your Firewalls.

First max Firewall and Frozen Orb (putting 1 point into each mastery at clvl 30), then max Fire Mastery, then put 10 points in Cold Mastery, then max Ice Bolt, then come back and max Cold Mastery. Leveling will be tough at first but after you get Orb, it'll speed up considerably. Most people don't like this build because of the lack of a spammable spell, but you can just spam Glacial Spike to keep everything frozen during the Frozorb and Firewall timers (or spam Teleport to keep yourself away from the enemies).

WhiteAlien

Banned
It's Hell Viable, although you'll want to get some practice aiming your Firewalls.

First max Firewall and Frozen Orb (putting 1 point into each mastery at clvl 30), then max Fire Mastery, then put 10 points in Cold Mastery, then max Ice Bolt, then come back and max Cold Mastery. Leveling will be tough at first but after you get Orb, it'll speed up considerably. Most people don't like this build because of the lack of a spammable spell, but you can just spam Glacial Spike to keep everything frozen during the Frozorb and Firewall timers (or spam Teleport to keep yourself away from the enemies).
The problem is to keep frozen cold imune monsters. :grin:

Lord Nyax

Banned
I had a very high level Firewall Sorc (19k Firewall) and it works...amazingly. It kills bosses far faster than Fireball or Bolt. The main problem, as iterated above, is keeping the damn mosnters in place while your Firewall toasts them like juicy marshmellows. Glacial spike will do that excellently. As both FO and FW are low-req skills, you will end up with a bit of flexibility. Even if you max Cold Mastery...well, nevermind, if you max CM then you used 100 points right there...

So yah, it's gonna be Hell Viable. If you run into a dual immunity, which happen to be less rare than you might think, you're gonna be in a bit of trouble...if you can afford it, get an Infinity Merc. He'll break most immunities, be a semi-useful tank, improve your damage to a freakishly good level, and be able to kill the few things that you can't. On the other hand...Insight is a pretty good choice too.

Luckily for you, neither of those spells is very Mana Intensive, so you will have less mana troubles. Overall, should be a fun build. Good luck. :thumbsup:

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
firewall was nerf'd hXc in 1.10. u used to be able to spam them and fill rooms. ^.^
The damage was raised when the timer was added, so the result is that you're still dealing as much damage per second, it's just that you have to be more judicious about where you want to raise your walls (and Firewall is now much easier on the graphics card). No other skill is going to deal more damage per second with a 23 point investment (and I don't think anything can top it with a 42 point investment, either).

That's what a Holy Freeze merc is for. Sure, they're not frozen, but slow enough to stay in the Wall long enough to fry.
Another trick is to learn how to aim your walls. If the monster is approacing from due north of you, do not cast the wall ABOVE you... cast it immediately to your right or your left. That will cause your sorc to create a north/south facing Wall. When the enemy walks towards you, he'll remain in the flames the entire time. No more worries about freezing or slowing monsters- trick them into staying in the wall under their own free will.

Noite Escura

Diabloii.Net Member
I started one just like that on Europe that I intend to level untwinked during the times USEast gets down. It's Hell viable for sure althought not the best thing...

DrunkenFanatic

Diabloii.Net Member
My very first sorc was a firewaller, course that was in .09 :wink3: . From everything I've read tho, it is still very viable, but like someone already pointed out, aiming it takes some practice...for monsters N/S of you, you want to click as close to a 90 degree angle left or right of you as you can. Should fry any non-FI things you come across. You definetly want to get a HF merc and pimp him out as best you can to hold monsters in place. The only problem I see with this build is that some monsters are so flippin fast that it can be hard to get a good set of walls going on them, happened to me with my Hydrorb sorc, course I didn't have a good merc, and I bet that would've helped a ton. Tons of funs tho, GL with it :smiley: