Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frozen orb vs Blizzard for pvm and pvp

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MasterMegatron, Jun 8, 2005.

1. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

Frozen orb vs Blizzard for pvm and pvp

Need some good advise fast. Which is better or more fun? Im gonna use my sorc for both.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

blizzard is probably better. whats more fun, well its up to you. I'd say orb.
    Check sorc forum though :=)

3. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

try ice blast, you will never look back to this question :)

4. Goth De Luse

Goth De Luse IncGamers Member

orb......100%

the damge u see in the blizzard skill is the damge that is done over a periad of time but, the damge of ice orb is PER iceical,

now add it up

plus ice ord almost never missis,while blizzard is easy to aviod(belive me)

on the other hand,do to cast rate,u can do both!!(just put more points into orb)

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Unless u got like 1.5k damage orb, blizz > orb for pvm hands down.
    Also cost wise blizz>orb. Orbers need really godly gear to function properly (30% df 15 nightwings, coldskillers, all the stuff, blizzy can just slap on a tals set and pwn.)

6. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Don't be fooled by Orb's little listed damage, apart form the dangerous spikes, the straight line damage works per frames and when the Orb explodes right in the middle of something or someone, you get an enormous blast (I'm not sure on how to calculate the frame damage when Orb is moving and what damage it causes on explosion, you got about 20 or more ice shards exploding inside you when it hits)

Sure, it requires you to put on some strategy, but think of all the skillpoints you're saving (not putting into Blizzard synergies)...

7. MasterMegatron

Ok ived decided to make a blizzard sorc for mf and orb sorc for pvp hehe. Blizzard is hard to hit with pvp.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

In PvM i say blizz is king, you can keep 2 blizzards going at once, and as long as you use teleport well, you can make monsters walk back and forth through them. Orb is nice, but i like to have a timered spell with it as well that does the uber damage. Although orb can be very effective against fast moving monsters or those times when the whole screen is covered in monster, and you cast a couple of these and they all fall down.

9. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

put into consideration that orb sorc only requires 3 skills to be maxed and leaves a lot more spare skill points for T storm or E shield or whatever

10. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

i have to agree with rice on that one. i'm loving my bliz sorc but i have to be VERY safety concious.

11. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

frozen orb shoots out 42 ice blots iirc, at 1.5k thats 63000 dmg. now if you have the gear to hit 1500 with orb, then with full blizzard, it woul be at around 15000 maybe, blizzard shoot off 24 of them spikes, thats 360000 dmg and thats not with cold mastery.

in pvp i find orb is only good if you target dont have cold absorb or has massive stacked cold resist. where blizzard with skill do dmg the orb can be reduced to almost zero or to zero dmg.

but still look at ice blast, you will see a very powerfull sorc in that skill.

12. MasterMegatron

wow you actually cound the shards? I think orb hits 5-7 times. Blizzard hits 1-2 times.

832dmg orb will do 5824k dmg. (lvl 32 orb+death fathom)

5244dmg blizzard will do 15142 dmg. (lvl 32 blizzard+death fathom)

However orb can hit more enemies so i guess the dmg evens out pretty much? Blizzard still the skill of choice for single target boss monsters.