Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frozen Orb Pvper

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by this_barb, Jan 29, 2004.

1. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

Frozen Orb Pvper

Is it possible to create a frozen orb made for dueling that can beat other sorcs? mainly fireball and blizzard. Thinking about it, she would be mana intensive because she would max energy shield and telekinesis.

20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Ice Bolt
    20 Telekinesis
    20 Energy Shield

And then she can get a Frozen Orb Ormus, that helmet that adds cold damage, and maybe a doom weapon... would she do good?

2. Dr4kan

Dr4kan IncGamers Member

Well the only problem will be to sustain ur mana in order to keep energy shield effective, u see u will have a lot of % of ur dam going directly to ur mana, and the way energy shields absorb is counted now in 1.10(different then in 1.09, i believe it was 2 mana pr 1 damage) i believe its like 6 or 8 mana per 1 dam, so u see that ur mana orb will be empty if u get hit by blizz/fireballs or any spells at all. Though its a nice idea which u might wanna try but i think u will have mana probs mainly. as for equip, get a deaths fathom sock with a cold fac jewel, ormus might be ok with +3 ice bolt or +3 energy shield or something like that, sock with facet as well, nightwings is debatable, if u like dueling in pubbys then use it, but it has some cold absorb so it might not look good in private dueling leagues etc. But anyways sock items with facets, get high cold/fire res and i think orb->blizz if u are good at teleporting.
    but u might wanna go like almost all out energy in order to reach high amount of mana and get many +life scs because ur nrg shield will absorb most of the damage so u dont need as much life as u need mana.

3. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

It's 3 mana to 1 damage, but since he maxed telekinesis (synergy for energy shield) it will be 1-1.

Problem is, energy shield damage absorb is counted before resistance IIRC, so that could be a problem.

4. Mage_Killer

Mage_Killer IncGamers Member

You can't get FO ormus, but you can get warmth ormus which is cheap and pwns
    with max telekinesis ES doesn't waste so much mana :)

5. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Yep, you can't have FO Ormus, and I think you can get by with less E-Shield, I think to have it around lvl 15 after +skills should be enough. Also I believe E-shield takes 2 for 1 damage at 0 telekenisis, and .75 damage to mana for 1 damage at lvl 20 telekenisis

6. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

3to1 is completely false, it is 2to1 before telekinesis.

Also, it's not a problem at all if you count the 1/6 pvp penalty.

Any class could easily counter this build with frosts/luna and high resists.

7. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Uhm... are you sure? as of 1.10, i believe it has been changed to 3-1 (without synergies). it was 2-1 in 1.09.

And yes. any build an counter this buil with dual ravens, snowclash and luna... but what's the point then? ;)

8. Dr4kan

Dr4kan IncGamers Member

Resistance is calculated after energy shield, so all elemental damage does 8X more damage to your eshield then it does to your life, as opposed to the 2X from 1.09. (assuming you have 75% resistances to all elemental damage types)

I took this of clan honors website under the sorceress faq. this means that most elemental duels will cause a pain to ur sorc when using energy shield, as ur mana will be drained extremely fast, i dunno how it is when using lvl 20 telekinesis as synergy

9. this_barb

ooo i got another idea... how about a melee sorc that would duel in palapk or some other melee-only dueling game using

20 enchant
    20 warmth
    20 telekinesis
    20 energy shield
    1+ frozen armor thingie

Use Beast Runeword to shift into werebear which gives you higher life and probably better damage

Switch to a faster weapon like 6socket phase or Griz Caddy. and wack em to death... i duno how much AR enchant gives but its probably not a lot :(

10. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

That idea is not new or original at all. You should really read through some of the threads.

edit: My enchantress has around 10k AR, due to the amazing bonus given by enchant.

The problem with your idea is that anyone could counter it with dwarfs/rising sun and hotspur/infernostride. You would need to max either cold or lit mastery and then load up your inventory with elemental damage charms.

11. this_barb

well thanks for bashing on me :( and shes not an elemental melee'r. shes a physical meleer that bases her skills on the beast runeword which allows her to transform into a werebear for more life :D... then... commence bashing.

12. wy4251

wy4251 IncGamers Member

that'd be lot weaker than druid's werebear.. so I dont see the point =]