Frostzealots Heavens Light and socket questions.

ShivanWurm

Diabloii.Net Member
Frostzealots Heavens Light and socket questions.

I have a lvl 77 Frost zealot with Heaven Light and I was wondering what to put into its sockets my first thought was a Ber to get to 90+ CB? Also I still have 2 socket quests left and I had an idea of massing 5/5 cold facets in Heavens, helm, and armor instead. Any thought on this? Any sugestions on allternitive Heavens Light sockets?

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm planning on using a Heaven's Light on my frost Zealot too:)
I was thinking of either Shael/Amn or 15% IAS jewel with good secondary mod. Since you're not using Fanatiscism I think Shael runes would be very good to attack faster...Of course if you have acces to a Ber rune that would be totally cool, but it seems at bit of a waste with such a rare rune. Cold facets would be awesome...but I think that the extra speed from a Shael rune would be more beneficiary...once you have reached the last breakpoint...feel free to stock up on facets.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
ShivanWurm said:
I have a lvl 77 Frost zealot with Heaven Light and I was wondering what to put into its sockets my first thought was a Ber to get to 90+ CB? Also I still have 2 socket quests left and I had an idea of massing 5/5 cold facets in Heavens, helm, and armor instead. Any thought on this? Any sugestions on allternitive Heavens Light sockets?
90+ CB u can get without putting a ber rune into ypur heavens light scepter!

If u use the following gear you will get more than 90 + CB:

Helm - Guillames face = 35 CB
Armor - Duress = 15 CB
Weapon - Heavens light 33 CB
Boots - Gore Riders = 15 CB

You have here allready 98 CB. To have more than 100 CB craft some blood gloves! The ones u should look for are those with 20 ias, CB, LL, and other usefull mods!

Facets add to your total cold damage + lowers the monsters resistance to cold!

another option is to socket your heavens light with 2 eth runes and usse a blessed aim merc (Gives boost to AR). It work very good!

/Dec

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
90+ CB u can get without putting a ber rune into ypur heavens light scepter!

If u use the following gear you will get more than 90 + CB:

Helm - Guillames face = 35 CB
Armor - Duress = 15 CB
Weapon - Heavens light 33 CB
Boots - Gore Riders = 15 CB

You have here allready 98 CB. To have more than 100 CB craft some blood gloves! The ones u should look for are those with 20 ias, CB, LL, and other usefull mods!

Facets add to your total cold damage + lowers the monsters resistance to cold!

another option is to socket your heavens light with 2 eth runes and usse a blessed aim merc (Gives boost to AR). It work very good!

/Dec
Or maybe use Venom Grip

+(15-25) Defense
(130-160)% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +30%
5% To Maximum Poison Resist
5% Life Stolen per Hit
5% Chance of Crusing Blow
+60 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
DANIEL3RD said:
Or maybe use Venom Grip

+(15-25) Defense
(130-160)% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +30%
5% To Maximum Poison Resist
5% Life Stolen per Hit
5% Chance of Crusing Blow
+60 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds
you can use venom grip too! But crafted bloodgloves can spawn with better mods imo like, ias, res, higher LL percentage and more!

/Dec

ShivanWurm

Diabloii.Net Member
Along with Heavens Light I am already using Guillames and Venom Grip, thats what 72% right there? I thought of using a single Ber so I would get 90+ at once.

I have thought of making some blood gloves but finding exp+ Heavy Gloves that are magic has been difficult.

I have been trying to gather the stuff to up a 197 Gangel I have to posably be my final armor...maybe. Gore Riders I might do but I am cometited to Aldurs for the fire right now. I also have IK Gloves/Belt I am considering using, the belt is a good chance if I dont find something better.

If my math is right a 5/5 facet will boost the damage taken by 10% right? So massed they will do 40% more damage correct? I have arounf lvl 30 freeze and I can still get a good two more points to boot (realitivly) easily.

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
Vae Victus said:
I thought you couldn't have more than 95... what would be the point of having more than 98 anyway?
My frost Zealot when he is not MF uses :

Stonecrusher 40%
Guillames 35%
Gore riders 15%
Steelrenders 10%

which makes 100% CB

Vae Victus

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, yeah, I know. But I meant, Diablo 2 doesn't recognize more than 95% anything.. Crushing Blow, Fire Resistance, etc. Is this incorrect?

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
Vae Victus said:
Heh, yeah, I know. But I meant, Diablo 2 doesn't recognize more than 95% anything.. Crushing Blow, Fire Resistance, etc. Is this incorrect?
I am sure you are correct regarding resistences but no idea about CB so will leave that one to the gurus to answer. I just like the idea of have 100% :)