Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frostzealots Heavens Light and socket questions.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ShivanWurm, Apr 3, 2005.

1. ShivanWurm

ShivanWurm IncGamers Member

Frostzealots Heavens Light and socket questions.

I have a lvl 77 Frost zealot with Heaven Light and I was wondering what to put into its sockets my first thought was a Ber to get to 90+ CB? Also I still have 2 socket quests left and I had an idea of massing 5/5 cold facets in Heavens, helm, and armor instead. Any thought on this? Any sugestions on allternitive Heavens Light sockets?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm planning on using a Heaven's Light on my frost Zealot too:)
    I was thinking of either Shael/Amn or 15% IAS jewel with good secondary mod. Since you're not using Fanatiscism I think Shael runes would be very good to attack faster...Of course if you have acces to a Ber rune that would be totally cool, but it seems at bit of a waste with such a rare rune. Cold facets would be awesome...but I think that the extra speed from a Shael rune would be more beneficiary...once you have reached the last breakpoint...feel free to stock up on facets.

3. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

90+ CB u can get without putting a ber rune into ypur heavens light scepter!

If u use the following gear you will get more than 90 + CB:

Helm - Guillames face = 35 CB
    Armor - Duress = 15 CB
    Weapon - Heavens light 33 CB
    Boots - Gore Riders = 15 CB

You have here allready 98 CB. To have more than 100 CB craft some blood gloves! The ones u should look for are those with 20 ias, CB, LL, and other usefull mods!

Facets add to your total cold damage + lowers the monsters resistance to cold!

another option is to socket your heavens light with 2 eth runes and usse a blessed aim merc (Gives boost to AR). It work very good!

/Dec

4. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

Or maybe use Venom Grip

+(15-25) Defense
    (130-160)% Enhanced Defense
    Poison Resist +30%
    5% To Maximum Poison Resist
    5% Life Stolen per Hit
    5% Chance of Crusing Blow
    +60 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds

5. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

you can use venom grip too! But crafted bloodgloves can spawn with better mods imo like, ias, res, higher LL percentage and more!

/Dec

6. ShivanWurm

ShivanWurm IncGamers Member

Along with Heavens Light I am already using Guillames and Venom Grip, thats what 72% right there? I thought of using a single Ber so I would get 90+ at once.

I have thought of making some blood gloves but finding exp+ Heavy Gloves that are magic has been difficult.

I have been trying to gather the stuff to up a 197 Gangel I have to posably be my final armor...maybe. Gore Riders I might do but I am cometited to Aldurs for the fire right now. I also have IK Gloves/Belt I am considering using, the belt is a good chance if I dont find something better.

If my math is right a 5/5 facet will boost the damage taken by 10% right? So massed they will do 40% more damage correct? I have arounf lvl 30 freeze and I can still get a good two more points to boot (realitivly) easily.

7. Vae Victus

Vae Victus IncGamers Member

I thought you couldn't have more than 95... what would be the point of having more than 98 anyway?

8. DANIEL3RD

My frost Zealot when he is not MF uses :

Stonecrusher 40%
    Guillames 35%
    Gore riders 15%
    Steelrenders 10%

which makes 100% CB

9. Vae Victus

Vae Victus IncGamers Member

Heh, yeah, I know. But I meant, Diablo 2 doesn't recognize more than 95% anything.. Crushing Blow, Fire Resistance, etc. Is this incorrect?

10. DANIEL3RD

I am sure you are correct regarding resistences but no idea about CB so will leave that one to the gurus to answer. I just like the idea of have 100% :)