Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frostmaiden Armor Question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Shinkoro, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Shinkoro

Shinkoro Diabloii.Net Member

Frostmaiden Armor Question

I am in the process of leveling a Forstmaiden and initially was going with Chains of Honor when I got the runes and armor together. But browsing and just checking my options I ran across the Fortitude runeword. Will I get much out of Foritude runeword? Is the 300% Damage + life better then the 2 skills on Chains of Honor? I'm not too overly concerned with the extra resist on Chains of Honor. I have the runes atm for Fortitude, was wondering is it a viable option or should I wait for Chains of Honor. Any Opinions? Thanks

*Shinkoro

2. mythos

mythos Diabloii.Net Member

Either can be good, since you'll probably use strafe on the cold immunes that you will eventually meet.
    Personally, I prefer CoH. The plus 2 skills add to FA dmg, plus it has dmg mod's for undead/demons that will help your physical dmg. Those mods just aren't as high as Fort's 300ed.
    CoH also gives a nice str and mf bonus.
    You probably already know that ice is the best frostmaiden bow. Make it in a mat bow, not a gmb. Since it has better base speed, and the phys dmg is not as important to a frostmaiden.
    If you can afford it, add a might/infinity merc to the mix and watch your killing speed go through the roof!!

3. KremBanan

KremBanan Diabloii.Net Member

The 300ed on Fortitude will not boost your cold damage, skills do. + cold damage from ICE rw and Nightwing helm.

For Frost Maidens CoH over Fortitude imo.

4. Shinkoro

I had to make my ice in a +3 GMB. I spent a week trying to get a GM +3 Bow for 2hr with no luck, then got a +3GMB for almost nothing, so I used that to make Ice. Suppose I will wait and try to get the runes for CoH, thanks for replys.

*Shinkoro

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

Question: Does cold damage from things like charms and other gear (e.g. Duress, Vamp Gaze, Ravenfrost) add to the splash damage of Freezing Arrow? If it does, Duress would be a decent contender too with it's 37-133 cold damage, FHR, OW and CB (although nerfed on ranged attacks, it's still there).

6. mythos

mythos Diabloii.Net Member

I believe that cold dmg from those sources will only be applied to the target that gets hit by the arrow. The main use of that type of dmg is to extend the cold duration, as the dmg itself is quite insignificant.

A GMB ice will do the job, but it takes more ias to hit faster breakpoints and your FA doesn't really benefit from the extra phys dmg. You may find that your strafe if more effective than if you were using a MB, tho.

7. Shinkoro

I know the GMB is slower, I was comtemplating going with a act 1 rogue with a faith bow? When I get that together maybe it would be better then a act 2 merc? Any Opinions?
    I just got Chains of Honor Wire fleece now

*Shinkoro

8. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

you should probably take ice mb and put infinity on merc
    if you mean business in hell you simply need infinity otherwise your cold dmg will er... not be so nice (unless you're going to play alone in private games)

and btw you should aim to optimize your performance for cow lvl (high pierce), that's one area where frostmaiden really shines