Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frostadin question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by KingHookJaw, Mar 12, 2004.

1. KingHookJaw

KingHookJaw IncGamers Member

Frostadin question

I was planning on building a frostadin around my latest find "stormlash scourge". What I figured out was that I'll only be able to reach 5 frame zeal with it. Would I be better off using a faster weapon, ex.(lightsaber, azurewrath, or fury phaseblade), or will a 5 frame attack not make that much of a difference here. Many thanks to anyone that can help out with this.

2. alexisonfire

alexisonfire IncGamers Member

i play a shockadin and finally at lvl **, after socketing my hoz with a 40/15 IAS jewel, i reached 4fps. and i can tell you it IS a big difference from 5 frames. i didnt have to sacrifice really anything to reach it also: 20 ias from weapon (crescent moon), 20 from highlords, 20 from lava gout gloves, and 15 from that jewel. so, my advice, if can do it. definetly do it. youll swing alot faster. but on the other hand, i need the fast swing. but for you, who will be slowing guys down a whole lot, might be fine with 5 frames and can concentrate on other equipment. hope i helped and not confused :uhhuh:

3. KingHookJaw

KingHookJaw IncGamers Member

If I calculated correctly, I'd need 145ias to reach 4 frame attack. I have gear that can get me to it, but the sacrifices I'd have to make would hurt the build (IMHO). I'm trying to see what attack speed most of the frosters on the forum have, so that I can better prepare this upcoming project.

4. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Stormlash is the best weapon for fana zealots IMHO.
    Frostadim/Shockadim just asks for a phaseblade. CMoon for Shock and... fury? azure? LS for Frost.

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Wisedoor is right. You need either something with sockets as a characteristic (Heaven's Light) or something with a really low base speed (Djinn Slayer or a Phase Blade runeword) if you want to hit 4frame without fanat

6. Snake-Byte

Snake-Byte IncGamers Member

I'm making a Frost Crusader right now, and his weapon (hopefully) is going to be a 6x 5/5 cold facet berserker axe :)

Should do well against cold sorcs - which are getting on my nerves.

7. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=131446

Version 3.0 is coming out in 1-2 days, but if you're PvM that should give you a good idea.

I've played several Frost Zealots and 5 frames seems fine to me considering how slow everything moves. I wouldnt sweat it. For this build the best thing you can go for is crushing blow and +skills to increase your cold damage.

Hope this helps!

8. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

you could get a pt in fanat, and use +skills and keep that weapon on switch. When a battle first starts use it to get the advantages of the static, than switch to a faster weapon. You could also use it for the leeching benefits as well. Holy Freeze doesn't leech.