Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

frost zealot vs ubers??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by royalhu, Apr 18, 2008.

1. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

frost zealot vs ubers??

is it possible to do ubers with frost zealer???
    i have lvl 91 frost zealer...equipment:
    helm: guillaumes face
    body armor: enigma
    shield: hoz
    boots: goblin toe
    weapon: heavens light
    belt: IK
    gloves: IK
    rings: one is ravenfrost, other is some rare with +resists
    amulet: rare with +2 to combat skills and some resists

what would be the best equipment? which mercenary shall I use?

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: frost zealot vs ubers??

1st...no merc
    2nd...switch armor to trech. for prebuff, and coh*if u can afford it* for the res, boots to gores if u can get a pair, belt to tgods, gloves to dracs for tap, and maybe have a life tap wand for fast tap to insure u stay alive till tap from dracs procs

3. Addict

Addict IncGamers Member

I would say you would have to switch out IK gloves to dracs, or alternatively switch out hoz for exile (though that would drop your resists). Either way I think the lifetap is all you need. Since you don't have fanat (I hope your Heaven's Light is double shaeled) you can just run salvation the whole time to cover your resists. You DON"T want to run HF while you're in there because the ping dmg might attract more attention than you want.

As for merc, the best merc by FAR for uber trist is a dead merc. Kill him before he does something stupid in trist.

4. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I don't know if it's possible or not but it will certainly be harder. Your smiting speed will be very slow because you don't use Fanat.

5. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

I have life tap wand on switch and y my heavens light is double shaeled...so there can be no benefit from my HF aura up there? is there any other way to speed up my smite other than fanaticism?

6. Addict

Addict IncGamers Member

Sry, I would say no benefit from the HF aura.

Elemental dmg doesn't get added to smite. And smite should be the only skill you use against the ubers. -This is neither detrimental nor beneficial

The ping dmg might attract too many minions with a high lvl, large radius aura -This is likely to be detrimental

The slow effect is the only possible redeeming quality -This is possibly beneficial

So the question is whether having the slow outweighs attracting more mobs. That is up to you to decide since we all have different comfort lvls in UT.

Regardless of your decision I'm still of the opinion that you'd be better off running salvation as your main aura in UT, assuming you don't have a higher lvl conviction than meph does

As for speeding up, you've got 60ias on weapon. If that's all your IAS then your at an 8frame smite. You need 86 total ias to hit 7 frame smite, and 180 total ias to hit 6 frame.