Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frost Zealot into Hell

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tiffany, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Tiffany

Tiffany Diabloii.Net Member

Frost Zealot into Hell

After nine years and countless attempts to make a Frost Zealot that held its own in Hell, Falstaff finally did it. What was so counterintuitive is that by reducing crushing blow, he became stronger.

Playing without ladder runewords available has been a challenge. There are just so many that would be great to have.

Falstaff's ability to trample through Hell improved significantly when he found a 4 OS small crescent and made Famine. The runes for CoH had been there for some time and finally he donned a wire fleece. The rest of the equipment is either rare (helm and amulet) or crafted blood items (belt, gloves, boots and two rings), except for an Exile Kurast shield. The gloves added some crushing blow, but by and large, it wasn't an important addition.

Now at level 85, he's ready to take down Lister and Company. Even the dual physical/cold immunes have fallen to his Famine axe. With the life tap from Exile, he can stand toe to toe and duke it out. Exile really helped in Chaos Sanctuary. Diablo went down so quickly it was antii-climactic.

The only question is whether I put a Beast Ettin Axe on switch that my concentration Barbarian, Iago, has.

After Falstaff completes the journey, the other members in Hell will advance: Iago (concentration barb), Prospero (Fanatic Zealot) and GoAnna (a FA/Strafer with massive passives a Valk to love)(built as a testimony to SuperDave, but instead of a cracked sash, she has Razortail and a Hand of Justice Great Bow).

2. Darkwell

Darkwell Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Frost Zealot into Hell

Gratz on your achievement so far. Go kick some Baal rear.

3. tavaritz

tavaritz Banned

I have mine in act 1 Hell. He has CoH, Delirium an Voice of Reason knout. The last is lacking in kill speed so as I have the runes for Death I'm looking for replacement for the cannot be frozen in VoR. Running NM Meph in MF gear, but no luck yet.

4. Hammy

Hammy Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure what shield you're using, but Rhyme in a perfect roll Paladin shield gives +70 Resist All and CBF, along with decent blocking and a little MF. Along with CoH, your resists would almost be maxed in Hell.

I'm looking at doing a Frost Zealot too, and the one weapon that really stood out is Heaven's Light. Decent physical damage, 1-2 sockets, +2-3 Skills, 33% CB and -33% Target Defense (important, since Frost Zealots and Tesladins usually have AR issues).

Sorry for the little OT thread hijack...

Grats on your pat, Tiffany!

That's some pretty impressive rune wealth you've got there.

5. tavaritz

tavaritz Banned

OP wrote that he's using Exile. Mine is using HoZ with pdiamond and mine is HC.

Heaven's Light is definately one of the best weapons for a Frostzealot. I just don't have one, but I have a 5os phase blade waiting for me to find a Raven Frost.

6. Tiffany

Tiffany Diabloii.Net Member

Well, Falstaff finally made it at level 86. Died the first time in the Throne to a pack of Burning Souls, but the roll the second time was just fine.

My first single play Patriarch after nine years! :nod:

Equipment:

Weapon: Famine - Small Crescent 175-277 damage. On switch: CTA Flail with +4 BO

Shield: Exile - Kurast Shield. Res all 29%, level 15 Defiance with the 15% chance of life tap

Armor: CoH in a Wire Fleece (783 Defense)

Helm: Rare Coronet. Paladin Combat +2. +34 life, +21% FR, 20% FRW, AR +72 and 38 defense

Gloves: Blood Crafted with 10%IAS, 3% dual leech, Dex +10, life +20, 7% CB, LR +19%.

Belt: Imbued Spiderweb Sash, 24% FHR, STR +20, def 60, attacker takes 6 and +13 to max stamina

Boots: Infernostride

Ring: Blood Crafted - 2% life steal, FR +28%, CR +30%, life +50, mana +16 str +4

Ring: Rare - 5% life steal, Dex +7, 3/27/29/3

Amulet: Rare - 16/39/16/16, +16AR, damage (2) and MD reduced 3. I know, pretty junky overall.

Merc: Might with Reaper's Toll and socketed with Sheal.

Blood Crafted Casque: 3% life steal, Def 135, +17 Defense, 9% deadly strike, +2 barbarian combat skills (lol), 5% ctc lvl 3 frost nova, poison length reduced by 25%. He died a little too often. Perhaps an AMN would have been better.

Lionheart in an ethereal dusk shroud. :)

Best finds: Ber dropped off a random mob in Arcane Sanctuary, Reaper's Toll dropped of Meph (if memory serves) and some IK stuff for my barbarian.

Definitely, he was a lot of fun to play once I had Famine. It was an upgrade from Zak's Hand, which served well through Nightmare, but was seriously underpowered in Hell.

Smite is still a 1 pt wonder and helped a lot in WSK/Throne even with the relatively slow Famine.

The dual immunities of PI and Cold on mobs were the most difficult, until I equipped the merc with Reaper's Toll. I did not have CBF, but almost put on Death's Guard and loaded up on FHR small charms to compensate. The cold mage skeletons and cold enchanted uniques were difficult, and were I to do it again, CBF would be there (just find a cham and socket the helm, right?) to make life a lot easier.

Skills:

Typical Frost Zealot build with max Zeal, Resist Cold, Sacrifice and HF. Holy Shield had 5 points. Cleansing 1. Rest didn't matter.

Str: 109/163
    Dex 150/167
    Vitality 246
    Energy 15

Resists: 90/90/75/75

Charms: Mostly some offensive aura skillers, resists, FHR. Nothing overly special and I got tired of trying to roll for godly charms.

Falstaff will be retired after he studies the effects of severe cold weather on mass bovine flatulence.

Thanks to everyone on the site for all of the insights and help. Special thanks to Kitiara for the frost zealot guide.

7. Corale

Corale Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats :)

8. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Nice going, congratulations Tiffany. Thanks for the info on Famine too, been looking at that one for a while. :thumbsup: