Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frost Pally Help?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by fiercex, Mar 10, 2004.

1. fiercex

fiercex IncGamers Member

Frost Pally Help?

Okay, I maxed Holy Freeze, Resist Cold, and Sacrifice, and I use Lightsabre for my weapon. Despite this, I still seem to do insufficient damage for PVM in hell mode. Any suggestions? Or is the freezealot just not capable in Hell mode?

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

did you max salvation
    I suppose you mean salvation instead of sacrifice

for this build to work you need an extremely fast attack (4fpa) with zeal but without fana, which is gonna be hard, and I would also recommend using items that add to cold damage, like nightwings, and cold facets, and have your inventory full of offensive grand charms to get a high level freeze
    I think the damage doubles from 20 to 30 and 30 to 40

you may also decide to go multi elemental, and just put the rest of your points into resist fire or resist lightning, and use a level 1 vengence skill. for slow but *powerful* attacks

ah the damage on slvl 20 holy freeze with synergies maxed is 998-1025 while slvl 40 is 3428-3455, that is 3.4 times damage for only 20 more +skill

3. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

Getting 4fpa with lightsabre aint that hard. A total of 75% ias is needed and the sword has 20% already so you just need 55% more (ias gloves, highlord's, ias jewel).

4. Any1

Any1 Banned

If you've maxed Zeal and Sacrifice you have a pretty decent physical damage boost (i.e. ED%). Try a weapon with more physical damage than LS. A Might merc will further boost your physical damage. Deadly Strike and Crushing Blow gear are also very handy in PvM.

5. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Freezealot is definately hell-capable.

The high speed and ITD on that weapon makes it a very good choice. However, Stormlash, Baranars, Demon Limb, Nords, and many other weapons all have higher minimum damage than the maximum damage on the Lightsabre. Like Pent said, if you maxxed Sacrifice (+physical) instead of Salvation (+cold) you're going to probably 1) want to get a might merc and 2) get a higher damage weapon; Lightsabre wont cut it.

Also, you only mentioned 3 maxxed skills... by the time you get into hell mode you should be near 80, thus having enough points for a fourth skill maxxed. What is it?

Also, you didnt mention the rest of your gear, but getting a simple +5 to your holy freeze will really, really make a nice difference in your damage. Did you look through my guide and read all of the replies? I think your answer may be in the 10 or so posts at the end of the thread.

But yeah, need more info on your skills/gear/level if that advice doesnt help.

EDIT: http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=150003 has a +3 offensive auras ammy for trade HCLEast, just fyi

6. fiercex

fiercex IncGamers Member

I have like 10 into Holy Shield, but nothing else maxed.

My gear is not that good, as most of it came from donations. I really need crushing blow items: goreridder, etc...but don't have much to trade for them..

My gear is the following:

Undead Crown,
    Griswold's Armor,
    Sigon's Gloves,
    Sigon Shield,
    Aldur's Advance,
    Cathan's Ring,
    ML Ammy

I'm on USWEST *fiercex4

7. Any1

Any1 Banned

My friend, it's time to embrace the concept of MF runs.

8. fiercex

fiercex IncGamers Member

Heh, the thing is, even if I try to MF run, I kill to slowly or end up dying..hence I posted about pvm with frost pally.

Also, many suggested higher holy freeze or more cold damage. If I invest all resources in this, then what about cold immunes?

9. Any1

Any1 Banned

Well, don't start MF by running Hell Baal in 8-player games. Start MF runs on NM Meph and Baal until you get some decent stuff. Then run the Pit (or other TC 85 areas) in private games, for both experience and loot. After you get good stuff you can concentrate on Baal runs in Hell Diff.

The combination of Cold Immune and Physical Immune is fairly rare in the game. So the build will not be have problems without a third damage source. You can always carry a wand with "Lower Resist" charges for piercing cold immunity.