Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frost Nova Sorceress?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by exobyte, Oct 4, 2006.

1. exobyte

exobyte IncGamers Member

Frost Nova Sorceress?

I recall hearing about one somewhere. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this extremely rare and assuredly weak build? I'm interested in making one despite the fact that they suck.

2. AndrewTheGreat

AndrewTheGreat IncGamers Member

I have not heard of such a build. But I assume it's similar to a nova sorceress, with considerably less damage. Possibly infinity+cold mastery=decent?

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

There is a reason for there not being a guide... they suck. Really, really suck.

Infinity will not break CIs.

Even with maxed CM, your Frost Nova will be doing too little damage to make a difference.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Even with maxed synergies and like +14 skill the damage of Frost Nova will only be 650-742 cold damage.

With Lightning Mastery and Nova maxed you already get 1425-1889 lightning damage, which is double compaed to cold.

Also like mentioned, the amount of cold immune monsters that infinity can break in hell is so low you will just be crying.

This might be a fun build to try out though, you get a very powerful Blizzard, Frozen Orb and Icebolt, by just maxing Icebolt, Frost Nova, Blizzard and Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery.

With maxed Cold Mastery + Infinity you will almost get double damage on any kind of monster but your problem with cold immunes remains.

5. exobyte

exobyte IncGamers Member

Not a problem if you play in a party, although yeah, soloing would be annoying. Thanks for the feedback.