frost maiden question

ispankpigeons

Diabloii.Net Member
frost maiden question

since it seems like Ice is going to be unattainable for me, can anyone give me a good alternative to it? price doesn't really matter,as long as its not ladder only, i can get it.

all i can think of is buriza, but i cant get past how slow it is.

any other suggestions?

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
m'avina's set...
Mav's set isn't bad... you could also go for that bow that has - cold res, wizendraw. Only problem with this is low damage AND will probably not be as fast as you'd like.

Other than those, I'd go for anything you could find with some decent damage/speed behind it, or maybe some +skills. A fun option would be a cta bow - matriarchal or grand matron, up to you. I'd probably go GM for the extra damage. With one of these with 3 base bow skills you'd get a +4 bonus to your freezing arrow, and be able to cast battle orders on your main switch.

ispankpigeons

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm..

i actually like the cta idea alot. never even thought of that

am i right to assume though that the damage doesn't really matter, because it'll be enhanced by your cold damage?

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm..

i actually like the cta idea alot. never even thought of that

am i right to assume though that the damage doesn't really matter, because it'll be enhanced by your cold damage?
The higher damage would help, but I can't imagine it'd make a huge difference. The majority of monsters will drop to your freezing arrow, physical only matters when doing something like strafing a cold immune.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
i created m'avina set zon a few months ago and worked pretty well in hell with freezing arrow, the only negative side was bad physical damage output of the set bow

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Another option for levelling her up through Nightmare (and possibly even Hell) is Kuko Shakaku. It's got +3 to Bow skills, and grants Immolation Arrow.

The Immo Arrow by itself rips through Normal, and fares well into Nightmare as well. The 40-180 fire damage is added to both the arrow and the blast damage (i.e. twice on the monster it hits), and it has 50% Pierce, which makes for an awesome little cannon.

yiuman

Diabloii.Net Member
Another option is a Melody made in a +3 amazon bow with total of +6 bow skills
I second this. Try for a matriachal bow as its the fastest. IMHO, priorities for an icemaiden are
1) Speed
2) +skills/+cold dmg/-cold res
3) Other useful mods (eg knockback, leech etc).

The big drawback with melody is the lack of physical damage with which to leech back mana.
Other (relatively inexpensive) options to melody are: Harmony - less +skills and IAS, but it has cold damage and vigor rocks for PVM (the +6 to valk doesn't hurt either), Lycanders Aim (sheal), has +4 skills decent(ish) damage (when upped) and 8ML, its still a bit slow though and Wizendraw (sheal) for the -cold res.

Hope this helps.