FRIGGING NOISE driving me nuts

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
FRIGGING NOISE driving me nuts

Ok. So, I thought I was going crazy at first. There is this pulsing noise in my apartment. Very low, sounds like a pulsing subwoofer somewhere. It actually sounds like the apartment below mine. I can feel it in the floor in my bedroom. What the hell! It's after 11, and I have to go to bed soon, I have to be in the office at 7 tomorrow.

So I go out into the hall, outside my apartment. I hear nothing, silence. I go downstairs on the second floor, and listen there. Nothing. I can't hear a damn thing coming from the apartment below mine. I walk outside and do a lap around my building. Nothing! So I have to ask myself the question: AM I ****ING NUTS????

I stuck my microphone on the floor and recorded the sound to find out if I am truly losing it, or if it's a real sound. Lo and behold! After isolating the approximate frequency, I can clearly hear (and see) the sound that is consuming my existance. Please listen to this and tell me I'm not crazy. What the hell could this be?

Visual:
http://www.sover.net/~blong/pics/sound.jpg

Audible:
http://www.sover.net/~blong/music/noise.mp3
 

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
alrighty then...

first thing that comes to mind: paranormal stuffs

second..: can't say, don't know the inner workings of apartments

ah..but based on a 10 second sample...i'd already have attained some cyanide incase there's no hope ;p
 
Count the pulses and see if you get every prime number up to 1001 and if you do invert the frequency and plug it into a TV, then rotate the picture 90 degrees counter clockwise and zoom out. Take every other frame of the video and piece it together, then convince humanity to build the thing.


Or ya know, see if there is a problem with the heating/cooling.
 

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
Count the pulses and see if you get every prime number up to 1001 and if you do invert the frequency and plug it into a TV, then rotate the picture 90 degrees counter clockwise and zoom out. Take every other frame of the video and piece it together, then convince humanity to build the thing.


Or ya know, see if there is a problem with the heating/cooling.

Dishwashers eh?
 

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I called the landlord... or rather the company who is my landlord. They said they won't come until tomorrow. If it's pipes or something, it's very strangely rythmic.

Oh well I'm going to stick some napkins in my ears and try to sleep.
 

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
Sounds alot like when my a/c vent had a beach towel stuck in it...

That sounded wrong I know. :rolleyes:
 

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
Fight fire with Fire

I'd just turn on the radio to something more soothing and drown out the noise.

And once you are sound asleep they will come and remove your brain and install the machine in their evergrowing plot to overthrow the Human Race.

R++
 
DOC said:
Sounds alot like when my a/c vent had a beach towel stuck in it...

That sounded wrong I know. :rolleyes:
You're back!


I am also curious about the towel getting stuck in a vent . . . they have covers.
 

festers50

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:
Ok. So, I thought I was going crazy at first. There is this pulsing noise in my apartment. Very low, sounds like a pulsing subwoofer somewhere. It actually sounds like the apartment below mine. I can feel it in the floor in my bedroom. What the hell! It's after 11, and I have to go to bed soon, I have to be in the office at 7 tomorrow.

So I go out into the hall, outside my apartment. I hear nothing, silence. I go downstairs on the second floor, and listen there. Nothing. I can't hear a damn thing coming from the apartment below mine. I walk outside and do a lap around my building. Nothing! So I have to ask myself the question: AM I ****ING NUTS????

I stuck my microphone on the floor and recorded the sound to find out if I am truly losing it, or if it's a real sound. Lo and behold! After isolating the approximate frequency, I can clearly hear (and see) the sound that is consuming my existance. Please listen to this and tell me I'm not crazy. What the hell could this be?

Visual:
http://www.sover.net/~blong/pics/sound.jpg

Audible:
http://www.sover.net/~blong/music/noise.mp3
you are going crazy ... but it's gonna be a real short trip :D
 

Namyeknom

Diabloii.Net Member
That my friend, is the sound of atomic ants. They originated from several nests which surrounded Chernobyl, and have since spread across the world. By the sounds of it, you have the less dangerous variety, and that is them comunicating. The queen sends out a morse code like message which the workers pick up through vibrations, and respond to. There rather difficult to get rid of, as having survive a nuclear melt down they can shrug off most other things. However if you can capture them, they make a good alternative to light bulbs.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
rplusplus said:
*Notices DOC hanging back acting nonchalantly*

[hijack]

DOGPILE ON DOC!!!

R++
oh no, not while I'm around, the assassin sisterhood always leaps to a brother's defense (wtf?)

C/C MA pwnage!!!

die!

*mind blast*
*dragon claw*

...

crap...

DAMN 1.10!!
*dies*
 

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
oh no, not while I'm around, the assassin sisterhood always leaps to a brother's defense (wtf?)

C/C MA pwnage!!!

die!

*mind blast*
*dragon claw*

...

crap...

DAMN 1.10!!
*dies*
You really need to finish up your degree and get a job so you can get on WoW with the big kids. That OLD GAME is getting to you.

*Hearthstones back to SW

R++
 

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok so I couldn't sleep. At 1 AM I decided to take a shot of Maker's Mark with a sleeping pill. (I know, that is a waste of good whisky) So anyway I wake up this morning with a huge throbbing headache. Go figure, right? And guess what else is throbbing? MY EXISTANCE. It feels like there is this pressure built up behind my eyes. Now that I've been at work for awhile, it seems to be a little better. But I know that my doom is impending when I go home.

But... you guys can hear it on the recording, right? RIGHT?!?! Does that mean I'm not completely nuts? lol

Ok while I was writing this, a maintainance guy called me and said that he thinks it's just the train making the noise. Apparently a train is sitting outside my apartment (a tunnel goes under me). There are only three or four trains per night, and that wasn't the sound. The maintainance guy said it's not the plumbing or heat, since my heat is off and the plumbing doesn't go through my floor. So basically they don't know, and I'm doomed to a life of throbbing misery.
 
Top