Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Friday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nemar, Mar 5, 2004.

1. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

Friday

Today It's me the first ,

first in we with little luck.

BoneArt , my new Necro is now in act III NM and he found some unique stuff. not elite but amazing.

and rugby tomorrow ....

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

stuck @ work, just saw our new protoype for our new sunbed line "Onyx" that things looks like a fricking transporter pod from start trek... and those stupid PR people dare to make a advertisement with the slogan, beam me up..... :rant: could it be ANY lamer i ask you :grrr:

well, firther i just check my bank account, i have around 970 euro's to spend on a new computer, so im thinking about a
    Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology 3GHz w/800MHz FSB
    512MB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz (2x128M)
    120GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    128MB DDR ATI RADEON™ 9800 Pro Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI

ow and a17 inch flatscreen :teeth: always wanted to have one of those ^^
    And no Durf, dont tell me to get a Mac haha j/k

hope that will do for diablo :)

so i can play some diablo on my own PC in a week or 2, cause i currently play at a buddy and he is totally freakin out every time i play my amazone... "zoom IN zoom IN come on'!!!" so lame ^^

have a good day all,

robin

3. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Heh, friend of mine used to play zoomed out in D1, unless succubi were in evidence :innocent:

No D2 yesterday, probably something like an hour or so tonight. Hope to get to the Dry Hill waypoint, maybe a bit further. Need to get more Poison Resist for the big slug. And I need a good tri-socketed bow ASAP!

4. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Had computer problems this morning, so no D2 until now :(

Found out some internal wire had come loose, bah, stupid machine cant even put up with being moved about.... :rant:

Anyway... got my Fishymancer through to Act 2 and the Maggot Lair, in Hell, cut it right down to players 1 and its pretty easy, although I'm not looking forward to the trek through the Lair.... Corpse Explosion should be fun though.

Am hopeing to be able to declare my first Pat by the end of the weekend, so onward I go! :)

5. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

It's odd... for once, I don't want it to be Friday. My deadline's getting too close now, and the pressure is on. Lucky for me there's only 3 pages on the stupid thing to finish. Last night I double checked my margins for the bleed/cut/live areas, and to my chagrine, I hadn't taken that into account. I spent the next 2 hours or so fixing the first 10 pages so that all my frames and speech bubbles were appropriately aligned. Ah well, it's all a learning experience, I suppose.

Oh yes, and about D2, I took Sasha to clvl 24 and all the way to the palace quest. Tonight I'll storm into the Arcane Sanctuary and shove my foot up the Summoner's.. umm.... sleeping bag.

Only lately have I noticed that I have an extreme lack of Class-only items. For example, I don't have one single unique or set claw. Period. I have a few rares, and a few Cruels from the 1.09 days, but that's about it. Later on I may try a runeword or two, but who knows.

No complaints with Sasha, though. Even without an uber claw, she's destroying just about everything on players 8 in one TS/DT combo. My merc, on the other hand, is a sissy, especially when it comes to getting zapped by lightning. As soon as he hurries up and levels, I'll slap a Sparking Mail on his arse. Maybe that'll calm him down.

Ok, time to work some more. Wish me luck, folks. This should be the last weekend I have to spend on the comic. After that, it's just waiting for the news to arrive on whether or not I've won.

Peace.

~K_P

6. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Last night I ran my Summoner through the inner cloister all the way to Andariel. She was nothing!! Players8 and my skellies went at her like a Ginsu blender. It was great. I got up to lvl 52, so I'm 2 steps away from the Cantor Trophy I found some time ago.

I'm using a Homonculus now, but I figured I'd give the trophy a shot to see how it does.

Sadly, she didn't drop anything good. Actually, she did drop a rare ring with some OK mods, 6% resist all was one of them--good enough that I'll mule it somewhere. Found a rare ammy close by that had 6% mana steal and some low resists, so I kept that as well.

This morning, I couldn't sleep (still congested from head cold), so I ran my Avenger at Meph once and the Pit twice. The Pit yielded nada, but Meph gave me a Warspear Gothic Staff. That was my first, so I'm happy.

Anyway, I'm at work now, and it looks like it's gonna be a long day.

Later!

7. addicted2macs

I've got a couple decent mid-level rare claws I wouldn't mind parting with. I'll try to get the specs on them if you're interested. They're not uber items, but they were good enough for me to keep....

8. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Hi Kids!

Happy Friday already? It’s about time! :lol:

Zephyr managed to get to Slayer status last night, and has ascended into nightmare. I know that isn’t a big deal for most people here, but he is only my fourth character to actually make it to nightmare. He will continue to get some solid playing time, as he is very fun to play.

I also bugged Pindle last night, but he didn’t drop anything worth reporting. He did drop Nat’s Mark Wednesday night, though, so he isn’t all bad. :teeth:

Have a good one!

Dave

9. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

unfortunatly I think you will be disappointed - I was. Anyway, I got inferno - the firebear into Act 3 normal (had my wife rush me a bit thorough that), and Meph is next on my hitlist (already have d2 wp)

I'm trying to find a 6 socked phaze blade for him (for his later levels), but he rox already. Cant wait until 31 and Ribcracker

Well, I took a big leap of faith in ATMA this morn - I got the latest ATMA and began a stash. Last time I tried 1.10 had been out for a week, and I got "corrupted" stuff and thought I had lost most of my items - yeah I'm an idiot and don't know how to use the backups, but I figured I'd give it a go again, and so far everything is working well. Hopefully it will cut down on the number of mule characters I have. (I have 23 unique characters, and 8 set characters almost all full).

looking forward to a good friday.

Enjoy all :buddies:

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Afternoon everyone,

Fun day today, as I've just been told that the past 3-4 weeks worth of project work is for nothing due to the project no longer being supportable. :rant: Luckily I hadn't done anything other than background work... can't make it up later though.

Still, nothing I can do about it for now, really, so I can at least play NWN without guilt for a day or 2...

Have a good day everyone! *wanders off to sharpen his sword*

11. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

looking forward to it :)

got home from school a hour ago or so and going to work in 10 min so no d2 for me today

have a good day eveyone!

12. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

Hi everyone!

My fireball/orb sorc is ready to take on Durial tonight. She cleared out a few of the false tombs and found out that apprations and greater mummys are a pain for her. The apprations do not seem to be affected by the cold, and I have to keep killing them to save my merc, leaving no time to get the greater mummys, who keep raising the apprations. The skeletons are not a problem, I use my glacial spike (lvl 1) to freeze them and let my merc kill and shatter them. At least I will be past this soon (I hope).

cheers,

slowpoke

13. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

MC_Hammer got into Hell last night, my little Woestave trick working nicely on Baal still. Interesting drop in NM, I got Guardian Angel from an urn in ancients way. I hit hell and it was first time I actually pumped the players up since it was too easy (freakin' hammerdins). I made it to the pit for a sample run at 74% MF (p-topaz shako) and of course didn't get squat but I made the run in about 5-6 min. I guess in MF gear it will take a lot longer.

Thesis today *grumble*. I saw a great thread in Strategy about SoJ's, but since they don't run the economy here I don't know how many people will care.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=146855

I've only found two so far.

14. addicted2macs

What's your Woestave trick? Did you find a way to survive Baal's Mana/Life burn with some mana intact? Please tell me you did. Pretty please?

15. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Woestave trick

Get Woestave for your act II merc. Equip him with your other two fav's (CB doesn't hurt here for Baal or Meph, but Meph still kills him fast so you may need DR there with hammerdin I tank Meph myself). I use an upgraded etheral Woestave but the damage isn't the key...check out its stats

(15-18) - (55-64) Damage
    55 Durability
    75 Str Required
    47 Dex Required
    Item Level: 38
    Clvl Req: 28 +20-40% Enhanced Damage
    -3 to Light Radius
    50% Chance of Open Wounds
    -50 to Targets Defense Per Hit
    Hit Blinds Target
    Slows Target by 50%
    Prevents Monster Healing
    Hit Freezes Target

It's a poor man's decrepify, it also works really well on Baal's Minions, Lister and crew as well, my Merc tanks them (I do need to teleport/retreat a bit to get them all frozen and slowed or he'll get slaughtered but once they're slowed and frozen forgeddabout it).

Basically you tp (with amulet, I'm not rich) next to Baal and let your Merc hit him, if he moves chase him. Once the Merc hits him, he's toast. You may need to feed one potion if he hits the merc before he gets hit otherwise he will be slowed and frozen. Sit back and hammer away. Good-bye baal, only mana use is from hammers.

I love this set-up, Woestave, Guillaume's face and Shaftstop, if you Amn'd the Woestave then this would be perfect. I guess it's still not as good as Reapers, Vamp, Shaft but when I get all those items I'll be able to see.

Try it, you might like.

16. addicted2macs

Hmm, I think I have a couple hanging around. I just may try that. Do you just use it for boss runs or does your merc use it all the time. If so, think I should upgrade it for slightly more damage?

17. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I'm lazy, I use the Woestave all the time, unless it's a problem with money, but so far no probs. The benefits carry over to normal monsters, just don't let him get swarmed as is always bad with any merc. I discovered it because Woestave was the best weapon I had found and I went to do Baal with my sorc and I noticed he wasn't doing anything.

If I had all the equip in the world though, I would only use it for the boss runs.

18. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

wolfstead is good, but I use Kelpine Snare - I think it has more "slow target" in it than wolf. I have an upgraded Eth kelpine, does really good damage, and they are easy to find too - I think NM andy can drop, and hell meph drops them by the boatload. :clap:

:drink: :buddies:

19. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

By the boatload? I've gotten more Harlys, arachnid meshes, ethereal edges than Kelpie Snares. Not that I'm complaining though :)

20. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Woestave has hit freezes target and blinds target for additional fun. Kelpie has life and fire resist. I'll try a Kelpie and see if that works for Baal as well.