Friday The 13th

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
Friday The 13th

So its Friday the 13th here. Does anybody care about this or is it just one of those stupid things that nobody really cares about? Like Easter? I hired out Nightmare Before Christmas to watch tonight because that movie is the bomb. Also, man did Friday the 13th movies start to suck harder and harder the higher the number gets? Damn...they sure do suck.

Brought to you by Incoherent Posts R Us.

oh my God, nightmare before christmas scared the **** out of me when I was smaller. I still have 2:51 until 2-13

EDIT: holy crap I just noticed I broke the 2000 mark! Go me~!

Anakha1

Banned
It's been the 13th for six minutes now. I don't feel any different. I'm not superstitious anyways and I rarely even know what date it is.

th5418

Banned
Wuhan_Clan said:
A few minutes ago, I felt something tickling me in my pants.
Hmm lemme see. Ahh yes very interesting. Thers nothing in there. Nothing at all......nothing at all......... :bow:

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Eh, it's never been a big deal for me. I don't take many superstitions seriously, so it's kind of par for the course.

Then again, I have to help my girlfriend paint her new house. That's reason enough to be terrified.

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
Croup said:
Eh, it's never been a big deal for me. I don't take many superstitions seriously, so it's kind of par for the course.

Then again, I have to help my girlfriend paint her new house. That's reason enough to be terrified.
Damn that's a big step. Next thing you know you'll be married with eight kids.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not generally superstitious, with the exception of the full moon making people crazy...I used to work in a nursing home, and full moons always seemed to be hell nights for us...could be selective memory though

My grandma once spanked me when I was a child for going out the front door and coming in the back, she said it was bad luck and I was letting evil spirits in lol

geez, I picked up South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut...I forgot how funny this movie is lol

I hate superstitious people. Superstition is one of the dumbest things people have thought of. OH NOES A BLACK CAT WENT BY GIVE ME A RAZOR SO I CAN CUT MY WRIST!!!

Satrina

Diabloii.Net Member
Here are some explanations as to why Friday the 13th has been given such a bad rep.

To the Norse Friday was the luckiest day of the week, being named after Freya, one of their Deities. Also named after Venus, in Rome and France. For Mohammedans, Friday after sunset is also the Sabbath. The implications connecting Darkness, and hence Sunset (the transition from light to dark), and Evil would indeed lend to the idea of misfortune which surrounds Friday the 13th, to those who find the Muslim path as evil and heathen. Mohammedans also say that Adam was created on a Friday. It can be seen that it is largely within the Christian ranks that Friday takes on a significant connotation of evil when teamed with the 13th.
Not so surprising is the understanding that 13, being a sacred number to most Pagan traditions, was therefore considered evil by early Christians. It took very little for the religious leaders to invent a dogma to counter the Pagan’s sacred number. The question can be posed: If the mystique surrounding 13 is not invented dogma, why then do hotels hold rooms labeled #666? Why is this number not also omitted? For a superstition to spread so far it must be distributed through a largely influential source, such as Christianity. Notice again, 13 is still considered good luck in Italy, home of the Roman Catholic church, which separated from the rest of Christianity due to conflicting political and theological disagreements. Moreover, Friday was considered sacred by both Norse traditions and Muslims, both which are considered enemies to Christianity. Instituting Friday the 13th as a day of evil worked to prevent losing followers to either path, utilizing fear as a binding weapon.
And that's your History lesson for today ;).

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
*begins the trip over to Ash's house*
good thing I've been making preparations to slip away into the night and hide in Las Vegas... heh he heh.... Annie will find quite a surprise when he tries to open the door...

*hides shovel*

Diabloii.Net Member
You know, my father said a lot of people always think the date is unlucky, so few decades ago he decided to try it out by getting married on that date. Nothing really tragic happened, so party away people!