Friday... perhaps a bit early

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Friday... perhaps a bit early

It's not Friday here, but it is somewhere. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow (Friday) and it's my birthday too. So... I felt I should start the Friday thread. Wish me luck. Oh... I'm not going to be playing much D2 tomorrow, but this week end should be full of it. Been leveling up my javazon, and she scored a couple nifty items this morning... Tals armor, and the set Vortex shield... a grailie.

Severoth

Diabloii.Net Member
It's Friday here. :) Friday midday actually, I'm just chomping down on some lunch at work.

Going to leave early since I am moving tonight (in with the gf :D) and have a few things left to sort out. Hoping to do some leveling off my tourney dexazon this weekend, but with stuff to unpack and a variety of things not sure how much time I will get.

GL with the surgery Shags!

Hamburger

Diabloii.Net Member
GL with that shags! Best wishes to you, I know you'll do well.

It's half an hour into friday here :laugh:
Let's see if I can get some runs for the pindlethon(don't really have time), but right now I need some sleep.

Ciao!

Fists of Legend

Diabloii.Net Member
Hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly Shags. May I ask what surgery you are having?

RL: Work 8-4:30. That means I'll be able to get out and hunt. The deer have been moving early lately but, may be I can catch them coming back. *crosses fingers* I also may have found another place to go hunting.:jig:

D2: Will take my WW barb through act 3 and most of act 4 hopefully. If I get a deer then this is out.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Shags! And a happy birthday too. I'll have a glass of wine (or three) for you.

Hopefully it's nothing serious - I haven't seen you around much lately, so I was kindof wondering/worried... although you're talking about playing D2 this weekend, so I'll take that as a good sign. For me, I expect my next surgery will be a lobotomy. A lot of people (including 'the voices') have recommended I get one. :tongue:

RL: Work x20. It promises to be a busy day. Mostly because I worked from home and our internet was down a lot, so I didn't get enough done. The work-from-home thing was inspired because it snowed a bunch yesterday/today, and I can't deal with the drivers (to explain: I grew up driving in eastern Canada - freezing rain and slush in the winter - and a lot of people here in Colorado are from Texas and California - sunny and warm, not much snow. I understand that those people don't have the experience and pratice that I do, but I sure wish they'd get out of the freakin' left lane so that those of us capable of doing 25+ mph can do so. If you're scared, take a freakin' driving lesson. :rant:)

On a positive note, a friend from Spain is in the neighbourhood, so we had a nice dinner and a bottle of wine tonight.

D2: My necro is coming along nicely. Once I equiped my final gear I had to spend 30 minutes tweaking charms and finding the appropriate support weapon/shield. I had to go back to normal and shop a 3os shield so that I could throw three Jewels of Virility (+9 Str) in there. Somewhat convoluted, but I think that sums up my entire build plan - I can't wait to make him a Patriarch.

have fun
everyone

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Diabloii.Net Member
Rule #1 in life - It's never too early for Friday. :grin:

RL: Just more work. Gonna be exceptionally busy tomorrow I'm almost certain, but that's life.

D2: I haven't played D2 since last weekend - been playing mostly BF2142, but I'm thinking I'm going to be hittin' the D2 pretty hard this weekend. My Sin is halfway through A1 NM so I'm just starting to get to the good stuff. I'll see how far she gets.

Happy Friday everyone, and best wishes on the operation, Shags.

~Wolfgang

Suiling

Banned
Good luck with the surgery Shagsbeard. This makes me recalled the moment when skullcaptain got his surgery..

RL: Well, as usual, doing studies since exams is near. And also, pray for Shagsbeard's surgery.

D2: I'm return to tunnels again, and it dropped me Arcanna's Sign amulet, although at first i was thinking of Tal Rasha's Adjudication Amulet.

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a pretty easy one... a small hernia. Should be lifting stuff again in a week or so. We'll have to see.

Dudzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Good luck with your surgery and happy birthday!

RL: Going to school in 10 minutes, afterwards i might go hang out with some friends and see a movie or something.

D2: My skellymancer is level 23 now, act 2 normal. Just gotta finish the staff.

Fists of Legend

Diabloii.Net Member
to explain: I grew up driving in eastern Canada - freezing rain and slush in the winter - and a lot of people here in Colorado are from Texas and California - sunny and warm, not much snow. I understand that those people don't have the experience and pratice that I do, but I sure wish they'd get out of the freakin' left lane so that those of us capable of doing 25+ mph can do so. If you're scared, take a freakin' driving lesson. :angry:
Coming from Minnesota I can't agree more. I always love it when I hear on the news about an entire city coming to a stand still over a half inch of snow and/or ice.:laughing:

Dark Matter

Diabloii.Net Member
Good Luck with the surgery Shagsbeard - just remember not to lift anything for a while afterwards, and when you do "Bend ze knees" (Ok, that's an Austrian ski instuction, but it seemed appropriate :D).

Sirpoops: You should come to the UK. We have trains cancelled cos the wrong type of leaves are on the track (apparently they are too fat and slippery and the wheels ain't gripping o_O). Winter will be even worse, and we are bound to get the wrong kind of snow again

RL: Not much TGI Friday

D2: Need to try and get 750 Pindle runs in before Tourney end on Tuesday.

DM

Sinningthings

Diabloii.Net Member
Good luck Shags!!
Good luck Severoth??

RL: who
D2: Got my Pally through A1 Hell. Damm PI gosties are driving me nuts.

Sirpoo: I agree with you're diatribe and would like a copy of your pamphlet.

erics

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish you a speedy recovery, Shags :thumbsup:

RL: It's Friday...enough said.

D2: I played my new paladin to level 2...that's right 2. This game just isn't fun anymore for me. I think it's time for an extended break from the game and these forums. Maybe that will do me some good.

Have fun y'all :wave:

IronCrown

Diabloii.Net Member
GL with the surgery, youll be up and about in no time.

RL - Did a site visit at work. Ran into 10 000 protesting taxi drivers (and right on the spot I had to be). Needless to say, not a lot got done.

D2 - My twinked Frost Zealot is going like a steamtrain. Just no stopping the brute. Charged through A3(normal) like nobodys business. Will take on A4 and the infamous OK's tonight. Thinking of equipping a bow on switch especially for them.

40min of work left - the weekend has arrived.

IC

rykuss

Banned
Good luck with surgery and the recovery! :thumbsup:

RL: Got sent home from work early this morning which is fine with me as I'm still dealing with the flu. Stopped off at IHOP for some breakfast and picked up my prescriptions. Exciting stuff, I know. :laugh: Oh and my wife turned 30 today. Heh heh heh.........:evil:

D2: Working my way through act2 NM with my summoning necromancer at the moment. My strafezon is still doing pit runs for now in search of useful items and leveling a bit more before I progress through the rest of Hell. I haven't really done much with my trapper since I started my strafezon.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Speady recovery and don't over do it. Your cake will be awaiting you in the EMB once the pain meds wear off.

Coming from Minnesota I can't agree more. I always love it when I hear on the news about an entire city coming to a stand still over a half inch of snow and/or ice.:laughing:
Yeah and I'd love to see how long you'd last in Mississippi with no power, 98 F temps and 99% humidity. A week+ of that was the aftermath of Katrina. Or a month of centrury temps (over 100F) and rolling brownouts b/c too many ACs and not enough power (Dallas first month of college, last several summers in Cali.)

I do find it funny as heck that people here (Northern Nevada) have no issue with snow and ice yet freak at the first sign of driving in rain ("OMG! it's liquid water from the sky and it's not stopping!!! *Wipers on full*")

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Surgery went great. In and out of the clinic in under three hours. Feel like I've been kicked in the nuts though. Hope that goes away... quick.

MadMardigan

Diabloii.Net Member
@Shags: I'm sure I speak for the whole forum when I say I'm relieved that everything went well. And that I speak for the male population when I say <covers groin with hands> Ooooh, tsch! That's gotta hurt!

RL: True, Friday, but that loses significance when you also work on the weekends. Don't want to go in tomorrow, but I must. Ah well.

D2: Cuisinart killed normal Duriel last night, prompting me with a question: Since all of my characters are now at the beginning of an act (aside from the two in hell that I don't really feel like playing atm), what character do I want to play with now? Don't have many ideas.

Ah well, I'll figure something out... or start on that fireball templar!
~MM