Friday is here! (the friday thread)

Kung Poo

Diabloii.Net Member
Tonight is my Anti-Valentine's party! w00t!!! I just created a music compilation last night, full of what I like to call "anger management" songs. Lots of agressive rock, with just a sprinkling of classics (bohemian rhapsody, anyone?). Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Oh yeah... this is a D2 forum.... well, I played some D2 last night, yup, sure did...

No, really, I did. Only a little, though. I tried my hand at running the Mausoleum with my shockadin. Oh the shame!!! I was killed down there by a boss pack of freakin zombies! Zombies!!! The slowest monsters in the game, and they killed me. The fact that they were cursed/extra strong probably had something to do with it... Anyway, after I died, I got VERY pissed and turned the game off. This place was supposed to be easier than the Pit. Yeah, unless you're an idiot like me who charges in headfirst.

/end rant

Have a nice weekend, all.

~K_P

Dave in the basement

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Kids!

I didn’t do much playing last night, and most of the time was spent hunting Pindle and Mephy, with one Baal run tossed in for dramatic effect. Notable drops included the Langer Briser, Gloom’s Trap, Lycander’s Flank, and a rainbow facet jewel (chain lightning +5/-5).

I am going to officially start hunting for an Immortal King Soul Cage today, so write this date down on the calendar. Any takers on how long it will take?

Have a happy Friday the 13th! And to all of the elite uniques amongst us, have a happy Valentine’s Day! :love:

Dave :teeth:

factotum

Diabloii.Net Member
Kung Poo said:
No, really, I did. Only a little, though. I tried my hand at running the Mausoleum with my shockadin. Oh the shame!!! I was killed down there by a boss pack of freakin zombies! Zombies!!! The slowest monsters in the game, and they killed me. The fact that they were cursed/extra strong probably had something to do with it...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EVERY monster in the Mausoleum Lightning Immune? If so, if might explain why your Shockadin wasn't making much of a dent in them!

SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
Dave in the basement said:
I am going to officially start hunting for an Immortal King Soul Cage today, so write this date down on the calendar. Any takers on how long it will take?

Yeah you do that, it´s a wonderfull set :)

my bet is that it takes you...hmm don´t think i wanna tell you, ill keep it as a secret...
GL anyway

addicted2macs

Diabloii.Net Member
Last night was supposed to be three straight hours of Diablo goodness, but as it turned out, I stayed late at work, stopped at the grocery store on the way home, got gas, made Indian food for dinner, so I got to play about an hour. :(

The food was really good, though :thumbsup:

So, I ran Horace through Tristram, absolutely devastated everything with those hammers. Amazing....

Headed on to the Inner Cloister, then on to the Smith. I don't think I had to worry even once. My resists are moderate (40-50s) and I've got about 75 unused stat points. My hammers are lvl 21 and concentrate is around 23. I'm loving this guy. Lvl 50 now in NM doing about 1200 damamge with each hammer. Ouch.

Tonight, I'll do the jail, then try to get to Andy, if time permits.

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, killed my HCL Hunter Druid last night. *sigh*

Now, I have to figure out what to do next. I will eventually come back with another hunter, but for now I need something else.

Suggestions?

Porius

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
VenomTheVirus said:
I don't have a girlfriend... she's dating someone else.

Thanks alot Durf... Bastard.
Looks like were in the same boat Venom! :lol: Damn it sucks.... The moment as I was beginning to do something with her.... I learn she'd just made a boyfriend a week before and that she would have been interested. :( My patience is killing me...

Kung Poo

Diabloii.Net Member
factotum said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EVERY monster in the Mausoleum Lightning Immune? If so, if might explain why your Shockadin wasn't making much of a dent in them!
Number one, I didn't realize that until I went down there (never been there before). Number two, it didn't really matter, because I have a Baranar's equipped, so I have other sources of elemental damage to inflict. Number three, I didn't really have any problems killing, I just couldn't take the damage that was being dished out.

Too hot, had to get out of the kitchen. And I did... in a body bag.

VenomTheVirus

Diabloii.Net Member
Kung: Mausoleum is fulla undead = bad for melee characters. Run it with a sorc for best results.

Cryist: Glad to see someone cares about m-- oops OUR pain.

Ti-Ben: Lifes a real B*tch eh? She also made a Boyfriend a week before... life sucks for us D2 players eh?

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
VenomTheVirus said:
Ti-Ben: Lifes a real B*tch eh? She also made a Boyfriend a week before... life sucks for us D2 players eh?
Hell yeah. But I wouldn't say for D2 players, for just a select few it seems... I predict are very long and boring weekend playing UT2004 while others are enjoying themselves... eurk. Good thing is though, I might hang out with 2 of my best friends who also are lonely bastardos. :lol: Could have been better though.... :rolleyes:

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
VenomTheVirus said:
It always could be better but it never is. It's like hunting for Tyrael's Might...

LUCK
Least were not alone heh? :thumbsup: Now... if 10PM could come around I'll have a reason to drink. :drink:

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not too frilled being with you this weekend either Ben :lol: . Could be worse I guess somehow......just don't ask me how.

Edit: NWM, it is worse, off to school with me arghhhhhhhhhhh :grrr:

Lotek-Crask

Diabloii.Net Member
Today was awesome, my necro hit 52, and my sorc hit 79, sorc spent the day mfing and found some great stuff, skulders ire, homunocolus(which went straight to use on my necro) HoZ, and occulus, all in 6 runs in a row =D I did about 50 more runs and found pure crap other than a shael. Great Fun.

Sorsha

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey all,

In spite of what it says over there <--
This is MadMardigan. Which must mean that I'm at Sorsha's for the weekend, and I'm too lazy to log her off and me in. No D2 for me, as all of my characters are at home. That doesn't mean it will stop me from posting! Heck no!

Wednesday night Bishibosh declared himself my new best friend when he dropped a non-ethereal Felloak Club, so I got to cut him out of my Act 1 running. Decided that once Bob turns 25, he's moving on. I'm down to needing wand, scepter, short bow, short staff, long staff, leather gloves, boots, leather armor, sash. Ugh, I hate low level TCs. Thursday was uneventful, as I had to work, then drive down here to NYC. Sorsha's at school right now, and I'm getting kinda bored. She's even roped me into doing some of her laundry :teeth:

Well, off to do something for about 3 more hours. Sorry to hear about everyone's romance troubles, good luck next time guys. And a big HEY to all you newcomers, welcome to the forum! Well, I'm off to check the dryer, then something else... who knows?

~Jay

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
havent done much other then decided that i wont play any meele char anylonger.

so now i play up a zon again and has disched all meel chars will see if that is what i need.

ohh made some mf runs to and got bonehew atleast something

SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
since i completed my IK barb some day ago and lvled him to decent lvl last night, i wanted something else to do. Was bored to MF so i decided to pick up one of my many characters and i chose my bonecaster. He is in act4 norm. But then i found Marrowwalks in a MP game and since i already have boneprison on my bonecaster, i decided to create a new bonecaster necro (thats like my 10th necro..)

Was lucky to find a MP game to start new chars with :thumbsup:
We completed act1, act2 and act3. So now i have 2 bonecaster necros starting act4 (both same lvl) one is twinked and one untwinked :)

After the MP game i decided to go back to act2 and try to lvl up my lvl 12 fire rogue merc, Blaise. She gained like no xp at all so i tried arcane, same there, even worse. So i went back to act1 doing catacombs/andy runs and that was better. Lvled her to 16. Will continue lvl her tomorrow @ act2 sweres and then arcane.

I also found 2 etheral Sash.....that gotta be the most 1337 belt (and item) in the game....and both etheral? some godly ***.....

Goodnight everyone!

Couvi

Diabloii.Net Member
Today marked the rebirth of my first BNET character in Single player, Gaglamesh the Paladin. Although now he actually has his stat points in logical slots as I am making him a Zealot. I finished Act 1 a few minutes ago and I am most likely done for the night unless some MP action comes along. While slashing my way through the catacombs I was able to find a Death's Guard and a Bloodrise Crescent. Not too impressive but I hardly find any uniques or set items much less valuable ones. Oh and I also found a Cracked Sash!!! :worship:

The End. :)