Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fridaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SiTro, Oct 13, 2006.

1. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Fridaily

Didn't see a daily thread up yesterday, are you guys collectively ok?

RL: Only just Friday here, half 1 as I type. Just spent the past few hours typing around 150 email addresses from paper into Notepad. Fun. Doesn't sound too bad - apart from the fact that being at the mercy of other people's handwriting in such a way can make it a lot longer a task.

D2: Been getting the game back installed and all that jazz. Some scary moments, as my v1.00 install would no longer recognise a barbarian I started a few days ago as a character. So Typhon in the end had to be reborn... as a paladin. The only saving grace regarding that character was that he'd only got as far as Act II normal. Not much time lost.

Haven't really played much v1.11 the past few days. Had a look at installing the RWM/RRM earlier, but there don't appear to be any instructions with the version I downloaded, so I'll investigate that over the next few days. Of my vanilla characters, my HC paladin will probably die very soon (they have a habit of doing that for me), and I'll keep plodding on with my SC characters. Fun fun fun.

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

RL: Sitting in tech support class, learning about enterprise-scale security management. Wolf (yes, that is the teacher's name, which is so cool) is relating stories of stupid tech support calls. They're always good for a laugh. People never cease to amaze with their stupidity =P

D2: Questing with my Ghost-Wolf, GoreJaws. Well... he'll be a wolfbarb later, at the moment, he's level 22. I've got an 'Honour' runeword giant axe lined up, so he'll be employing that soon. I love axes. *hugs honor giant axe* ... *receives deadly strike* *runs off, to get bandaids*

3. Samsung

Samsung Banned

RL: Going to a football game tonight with two friends I haven't seen in a few days. Going to be nice to hang out with them.

D2: Haven't really done anything, waiting to get my paycheck so I can buy another set of diablo II.

4. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

RL: *Finally* - I've been trying to get internet access since April, and it finally happened. Life is now good.

D2: I think I'm gonna do a two-step grail of the 7 guardians type thing...I've already have a lvl 54 summoner, next I think I will do a CL/FO sorceress. The only build I like for pally's is the Freezealot. I've always liked the bowazon, so I'll probably do that (especially since I stall out on all my javazon builds in the teens). I've never built a barb, druid, or assasin, and I haven't a clue what I want to build with the barb or druid. I want to try a trapsin, but need to read up on those builds.

5. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

It is exactly 14 minuets till Friday here but, close enough that it counts for me.

RL: Work from 10 till when ever my brother gets off from his first job to relieve me. I think it is some sort of family thing. I'm employed at 4 jobs, my younger brother is employed at 3 jobs, and my youngest brother is also employed at 3 jobs.:grin: Anyone need anything done? If one of us can find the time we can do it. Doesn't matter what it is either, we can do anything from forming the footings of a house to helping write a term paper on "Enzymatic activity based on temp at below standard pH". Back on task, after work I'm headed out to the stand because the deer are one the move. With the early rut starting and the cold front moving through the prospects of getting a good shot are likely.

D2: May be a few pindle runs. Hunting is just taking up to much time.

6. Suiling

Suiling Banned

RL: *sneezed* Skully, tissue please!!!!! *sneezed*

D2: I'm a bit tired of tunneling, let's pay Mr.Baal a visit shall we?

7. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

RL - at work atm, slow going on a Friday

D2 - trying to work out the meph moat trick with my meteorb. (only guides I can find of this goes like: go to this point[picture link] then tele here[piclink] with none of them working). Only succeeding in waking up EVERYBODY in the durance, but persistance will prevail. Atm a normal run with clearing every monster goes much quicker than the acclaimed trick. Really want to farm NM meph a bit before moving on to A4.

8. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Oops, just notice that today is 13th Friday and the summation of the digits in 13/10/2006 give you the answer 13 also. :shocked:

9. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

Ouhhh nice spotting Suiling... creepy.
    Anyone have anything crazy happen at 3am this morning?

10. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Well, what happen then Psywire?

11. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

What happens at 3am? It's the witching hour- when all things that go "bump" in the night come out to play.

12. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Why not 1300 hour (1 pm) :evil:

13. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

Touche! :tongue:

Hmmm the traditional witching hour was 12pm on the night of the new moon. However, modern day witching hour is to do with religion- 3pm in the afternoon was apperantly the time that Christ died. For some reason they see the opposite (3am) as being 'unholy' or something --- I'm not religious myself, so i'm not sure how that all works... :shocked:

Some people believe that, as the coldest time of the day is about 3am, the moisture from the cold makes it easier for a ghost to manifest. It's kinda like a water slide- its harder to slide down if its not wet lol. --- I'm not sure about this one?

Heres something to make you think--- It's been proven that most deaths occur around 3am. Ouhh spooky!

14. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

RL : not much to report. Showing potential flatmates the room that will be available on Nov 3.

Odd people live in London.

D2: I had a corrupted music file and the game wouldn't load. Had to re-install. That, together with the new roomie situtaion has meant no D2 play since Tuesday. Need to get on with the Pindle Tourney this weekend.

15. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Friday the 13th... unlucky for some. No one do any MF runs!

Unless of course, you like endless green breastplates and failed sets/uniques.

16. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

I pwn Isenharts for breakfast. I'll set my date one day ahead when I go MF-ing today.

17. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

good call. i havent mf's in like 2 weeks now, i think im cured

rl: its friday, for us norms who work 9-6 5 days a weeks, its good be alive. (its 9pm now) im actually rather drunk, and turned down going out to play cs:s, no motivation to play d2.

d2: yeah.... meh. see:havent mf in 2 weeks (im building a DC sorc* so when she is a mat, ill start again)

*without the uberest''' gear

'''yeah i know its not a word.

18. erics

erics IncGamers Member

RL: Today has been interesting. I gave my notice this mornint that I'm quitting my job. I hate doing that. I feel like I'm letting people down. I have the worlds greatest boss (no, I'm not my own boss :rolleyes: ), great people I work with, great pay and benefits. The stress is killing me, and pressure from my family, too. Things are all right, though I feel like crap right now...being on a diet doesn't help either. My last day will be June 1st, so you'll probably not hear from me anymore after that since I have no plans on getting the internet.

D2: After my latest restart a week or two ago I would create a charater and maybe finish the den of evil and quit for the night. I don't have much time to play except for the weekend. Yay for Fridays!

Have a good weekend everyone! :thumbsup:

19. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Hope that everyone is doing well ... (I haven't read the thread yet but i'm assuming ... )

Am just finishing up a paper, going out for dinner later which is a once a year thing when you have kids. Looking forward to it.

Bought a huge-arse bbq last night. Got a great deal. 600+ square inches of grill-fest! Heavy as hell too and a real b*tch to move without a dolly.

Gonna put it together someday soon, buy another liquid propane tank and let the grilling begin!

As for D2 ... i've been levelling my Hammerdin. What a cheesy char in terms of killing power. Still, you have to be careful with this guy because he's a bit of a glass cannon even with Holy Shield. He's ~ 83 now with maxed Hammer and synergies with some points leftover. I hear it's best to invest one point in Fanat so you can get some smiting/crushing blow going and holy shield the rest of the points.

We'll see ... one thing though, he's a terrible MF'er compared to other chars I have.

20. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

@ erics: Do you have anythign else lined up or are you going to take it as it comes? (GL btw!)