Fridaily

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Fridaily

Durf started the Thursday thread mentioning his trip to beautiful Bali (have a Bintang for me), so I figured I'd start the Friday thread by mentioning my weekend voyage to lovely ... North Dakota :p

Actually, I'm looking forward to the trip as it will be my first time in a rally car in over a year. I love racing, but it's too expensive for me to take it too seriously. Still, there's nothing like flying down single lane dirt roads at 40-120 mph (60-192 kmph for you metric-heads).

Trees, rocks, animals (we almost hit a deer in Minnesota last year), jumps, adrenaline and lots and lots of fun. I hope you all have (at least) half as much fun as I'm going to this weekend.

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Just came back from school...IT"S THE TERM BREAK...2 WEEKS OF HOLIDAYS>!!! Excuse my insanity but...I've been waiting for a break so long...School's been stressful this term, so i can finally relax...D2 time again :D

-Slayer

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Friday, my favorite day!! Day off work today. Did the usual cleaning routine this morning, kitchen, vacuuming and mopping the floors. Just got my Werebear to Act 4 (Normal) in the Melee Blues tourney. Very happy about that. Must be a testament to the staying power of the big sucker that I've made it this far. Had a couple of panic moments and had to very quickly quaff a Full Rejuv, but made it through to fight on. Looking forward to the start of the MFO. Not enough time in the day for everything when that starts!!

On an unrelated note, very sad news about the horrible bombings in London. My heart goes out to the people affected by this cowardly and disgusting act.

Have a great Friday everyone. :thumbsup:

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Took my kids to the local fair. Had a great time but it was busy. The boys loved the rides and cotton candy and such.

As for D2 i'm going to try to play some tonight and find that damn Death's Web.

As for London, prayers to all those affected.

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Diablo-wise my day started pretty well, 1 hell baalrun - 1 HoZ :clap:

Will probably host an mp game later this evening, hope you'll be there. I'm posting IP, act, diff etc in the MP game thread later.

Another good thing that happened is that i was informed that i get monday and tuesday next week off from work, it's going to be a looong nice weekend for me. :cool:

Have a nice day

P.S. i'm also celebrating 100 posts for me for the first time ever (in any forum) :drink:

Method0ne

Diabloii.Net Member
Greetings all.

Finally got my head around what I wanted to do with D2 this time around, and consequently started off my new Strafe/LF hybrid Zon, who's currently sitting in town after rescuing Cain, full clears so far have gotten her to level 16, the highest level I've ever had any char so early in the game.

Other than that, nothing to report, plan to continue through to Andariel in this session and see what happens from there.

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
Well, thought I might as well start posting in the dailies...not too many posts since the forum crash...yes, I know it was years ago :) guess that makes me a platinum lurker ;)

Anyway, no diablo today, as of yet, but I'm about to begin...

My trapassin is 21 - just beat duriel and I must say this was the biggest battle I've had in quite some time - it took 6 merc deaths, I drank all my potions and was forced to buy ones to finish him... :)
Once i level my merc a bit I will move on to act 3...I find levelling my merc very difficult and slow with this char...same as with my WW Barb (level 23atm)...

I also plan to quest with my windy a bit, level 86, about time I killed hell Diablo..

Good drops to everyone :)
Mike

Noodle

GG on the HoZ, asdfgah!

Patted my IK Barb this week, and may never play him again. My least enjoyable character. Had fun last night with my level 89 Trapsin, 89 Fishymancer, and 92 LF / PJ Zon. Torn between starting up a sorc or a fanatic zealot. I don't have the best zealot weapon - probably just make a crescent moon or use a b-star with one point in vengeance for PI's. The sorc would probably be a cookie cutter meteorb, possibly pure blizzard.

- Noodle

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, put Power into Hell for the first time. Ouch. 75th level and dead three times in the blood moor. Once in the Den. Double ouch. Again in the stinking Cold Plains. Now, I'm thinking perhaps something is wrong. Then I start to remember. Every single boss has been FE. All of them. Obviously, 700 life isn't enough. Well, I guess I better change strategies.

I'm now playing much more cautiously. Backing off a LOT more. Found out PI's weren't quite so bad, unless they are FE, too. Was one hit killed by something (Berserker Walking Dead?). Finally got to 76th level, and I'm dying. Horribly. Then it hits me - Leach is 1/3 in Hell. :bonk:

I'm using Ginther's Rift. Fast, and magic damage. Not enough Physical to leach from. And I only have 6% leach on me? Now I feel like an idiot. So, I cube a bunch of rings/amulets and find a ring that gives me 106 AR and 6% leach, then I cube myself a Blood Naga (which turned out merely OK).

Now, I'm kickin'! More damage (although slower than the Ginther's Rift). More leach. Less dying. Using that, I do full clears of everything (FE Treehead Woodfist? AAAHH!), and rescue Cain.

I had forgotten how hard Hell is. For Melee characters, even more so.

One question: I was hoping for a Berserker's Axe. When can you gamble one of those? I would be in far better shape with a Blood recipe Berserker's axe than a Naga...

Just wondering.

Porius

PS. Sorry for the long diatribe. Obviously needed to get that off my chest. :uhhuh:

PsionicAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Porius said:
One question: I was hoping for a Berserker's Axe. When can you gamble one of those? I would be in far better shape with a Blood recipe Berserker's axe than a Naga...

Just wondering.

Porius

PS. Sorry for the long diatribe. Obviously needed to get that off my chest. :uhhuh:
If you accept other people giving you items, I have a 3 open socket berserker's axe gathering dust in one of my stash, if you want it, it's yours. As for the answer to your question, gambling items in hell has some chance to give you exceptional / elite version of items. so gambling for war axes in hell will give you a small chance for an exceptional or elite version. I think it's 10% chance to get exceptional and 5% chance to get an elite. But I'm really not sure about the right percentages.

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
PsionicAngel said:
If you accept other people giving you items, I have a 3 open socket berserker's axe gathering dust in one of my stash, if you want it, it's yours. As for the answer to your question, gambling items in hell has some chance to give you exceptional / elite version of items. so gambling for war axes in hell will give you a small chance for an exceptional or elite version. I think it's 10% chance to get exceptional and 5% chance to get an elite. But I'm really not sure about the right percentages.
Thanks for the offer, but this character is untwinked. I have stuff I could give him, but I was really hoping to get through with only self-found.

I though that was right, but I must have gambled 7 nagas, no berserker axes. One Naga was a cruel, though. That got muled off for one of my other characters, though :thumbsup: .

Porius

PsionicAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Then continues, and someday you'll get a Berserker's Axe. You must not let yourself down. Tide might turn at any moment. ;)

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Haven't posted here in a while :eek:

I get a couple hours once in a while to play - summer is very busy for me! I've been slowly working my meteorb through the game. She completed NM at P8, and I brought it down to P3 for Hell.

Besides my normal HC, untwinked, full clear, once through rules, I'm trying to make it even more difficult. :teeth: She's still using a Leaf staff created in Norm and going no-block. :eek: I've read that this is a pretty insane idea, especially HC, but I simply love the boost to my FB and meteor. Besides, I think a staff-wielding sorc just "looks right".

Yesterday I got her through the Pit, and saw a number of TC87 items, but with low MF, no sets or uniques.

foosnark

Diabloii.Net Member
Previewed a fire tree sorc (using -act3, just to see if I liked it once a few skills were under her belt) and promptly dropped her; I just don't like chugging mana pots on a regular basis.

Started a TigerStrike/DragonTalon assassin but she just doesn't feel right; I'm lazy enough not to be too fond of MA builds. I prefer my BladeFury/DeathSentry sin.

Tonight I'll probably take a pass on the game and work on music instead. A long-awaited new version of MicroTonic is out and I'll probably find it inspiring, and my Diablo rediscovery has been getting in the way of me doing actual creative stuff for too many weeks now :p

aman

Assassin Moderator
started my first sp character today :) well rather 20 mins ago got him to lvl 7 might play a bit more try to do the first few quests.

btw its a fishymancer :)

Immortal_Slayer said:
Just came back from school...IT"S THE TERM BREAK...2 WEEKS OF HOLIDAYS>!!! Excuse my insanity but...I've been waiting for a break so long...School's been stressful this term, so i can finally relax...D2 time again :D

-Slayer
W*T**F*** do you go to school dude?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?

*Where
**the
*** F***K

Totally unnecessary bypassing of the word filter. :mad: Against the rules - clean it up. - AE

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
I was going to at least get to the Countess/Black Marsh WP with BeCaws (my loner Druid) tonight, but drank a couple of beers earlier so decided I'd better not...:drink: Worked a bit on his story, but I'm afraid it might be too weird & obscure to post here (has anyone here read Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban?). Social schedule will probably keep me from playing again until Monday. So many parties, so little time.