Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fridaily - not happy D2 & RL

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Sep 29, 2006.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Fridaily - not happy D2 & RL

No body started daily thread yet, so here we go.

Me: RL hasn't been happy (especialy since this week). Sorry to say, but I'd rather keep it secret here. The only person I may discuss with is not regular her.

D2, really @#$%. I tried to continue the last bit of my progress to guardianship. Only ancients to beat. Anyway, tried many times today, no luck. First, I kept getting bad mod - cursed, bad auras, etc. Then finally I got managable mod (stone skin, extra strong, holy fire, FE aross between the), but they had very strange AI that time - they always stick together, chasing my merc (or me), and no matter what I did, I couldn't separate them. Each one is "easy" to handle, but all three together target one - it bacome impossible (merc could only handle one hit, me about 2).

2. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

RL Same as deathmaster's - a very bad day,i found out that im not probably gonna get scholarship which i needed much and i totally failed at my practical work also.(im studyng to become an electrician)
    D2 Havent played today, but going to make myself a CRG's 1k damage orber.

3. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

RL - Knocking 3 hrs early off work for some serious drinking......

D2 - Got my new meteororb to Aii normal. Finished radament an her spells are beginning to take effect (read - can actually kill!). Started Aii at around lvl22, and really looking forward to starting to be able to run big act bosses. She is my first sorc ever and I am determined to make the build good. (Especially with all the sorc info floating around lately).

4. druidkid9

druidkid9 IncGamers Member

Rl- did stuff

D2- my HC Untwinked fishy zon is about to take on normal duriel, just need to clear the right tomb :).

5. Unrsrvd

Unrsrvd IncGamers Member

RL: Nothing interesting. Got home early, which is always fun.

D2: Haven't played today. I think I'll hit the Countess a few times later on. I've been running her for the past couple of days, the best finds so far are Ko and Lem.

6. alexkerensky

alexkerensky IncGamers Member

Real life: xp disk finally showed up, only 2 weeks late. time to reinstall windows and everything else too! Hopefully all my chars aren't dead yet...

diablo: coming sooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

7. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

RL: Well its 800am for me. Going to see Shiny Toy Guns tonight. Schooling, homework. U of U girls Take on BYU girls volleyball. Good matchs.

D2: I don't know, maybe work on my hammerdin, first one im making and i am having a great time so far. maybe finsh my finshymancer through hell.

8. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Go Cougars! :)

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

RL: Lots of school, going home this weekend to visit my family. I wont get to play Diablo 2 at all, usualy I get very little homework done when I'm at my parents house, and I will have to drive forever! ugh...

D2: After I posted in Druidkids thread I decided it wouldn't be too much more work to write up a little HC survival guide and try to give something to the community that I've taken so much from so I began writing last night.

Also did some more NM mf'ing and I FINALY found a Viper Magi, too bad it was bloody Ethereal! So now I still have to find another one before I can socket the damned thing. Still, the 30% FCR brought me past the 63% breakpoint when I'm on my mf switch, so its not quite as painfull to watch her cast spells now.

-hps

10. Llathias

Llathias Banned

RL: Menaged to get up at 8 AM for the first time this week (and the earlier few weeks), and went to uni. For only one hour and I don't remember a single thing from the lecture. Later I went out again and bought a pathalogy book (Robbins Basic Pathology). Very happy to find it in stock. :azn: Bad thing is, after less than three hours of walking, I'm tired like... like... like <insert random very tired thing> Meh, I have to accept that I'm not as young any more... :undecided:

D2: Don't want to play.... *everyone looks at Llathias with squinting eyes* What? :nervous:

11. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

RL: Working over 12 hours, I hope not today and especially not tomorrow. I hope and may god allow it to leave in the weekend to go home.

D2: :rant: I have gone through almost HELL difficulty with my fishy in MF gear and what I have found? Only soul drainer!!! Not even blue armors drop in order to farm gold and gamble!!!!! From act I hell to the frozen river in act V hell all I have gotten is souldrainer (and it was ethereal!!!!) :rant:

12. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

RL: Work...work...work. Many things to keep my busy. I would like to get off a bit early and work on finishing some drywall at home. This weekend I'd like to get the family and go swimming at the Y, it'd be the first time for Katelyn (my daughter).

D2: I have two SP accounts - one at home and one at work. Been working occasionally on my fishy at home (lvl 37) and just started to build one at work (during lunch - its a little tricky to eat and play). Not too happy yet with my Frozen Zealot build - although he's coming along, or my CL/FO build, but they're both just starting. Nothing to twink them with yet.

My overall plan is to complete a 100% legit grail, running some early Saturday/Sunday mornings and doing some at work (and emailing the stashes home). ATMA is a god-send! Flavie is a fantastic progress tracker - I thank the people who worked on them often!

13. LacertaCK

LacertaCK IncGamers Member

RL: Been a busy week. No gaming time at all. My mom's been moving, and I've been running around helping her. Tonight I'm helping her hang standard for shelves in her garage. Then I'll be helping her move boxes from her garage for a day or two.

In other news, I'm still trying to get my WoW disconnect problem figured out. Pingplotter is showing me that the error is happening within the Cableone (My ISP) system, but they are still dodging the issue. They have consented to send a tech out this afternoon (again) though.

D2: No time for play in a couple days. Hopefully sometime this weekend

14. chumley669

chumley669 IncGamers Member

It's been a bit since my last "Daily" post, thought I'd chime in.

RL: Too much work, and I am dreadfully undervalued. Doesn't make for a very happy day. I have come to determine that there are many paths to happiness, this just is not one of them. Had an interview on Wednesday, that I think went well. The best thing about it thopugh is that it would be a different company, and that is probably not the greatest of reasons for a new job. :sad2:

D2: Started Hell with my pure Blizzsorc. She has been soooooo much fun, so I fired up with a smile on my face. Then I ran into Corpsfire, LE and Cold Immune. Ouch! Cold Immunes in Hell really suck, I am finding. I am a very poor player in the sense that I am too calculating, and this has been requiring lots of teleporting into oblivion. Torpedos be damned! Anyway, I've got her to L75 and just killed the Countess. My reward? This is comical....the Countess, in Hell no less, dropped me four items: A Scroll of Town Portal, a Healing potion, an El rune, and a Key of Terror. God must have laughed himself silly when planning that one out. Can there be a worse 4-item drop that is as entertaining? Also began a Hammerdin, though I have no idea what I am doing. L15 and ready to go into the Tamoe Highlands.

15. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

RL i don't have until x mas
    D2 only P8 baal runs with wolfbarb.

16. Tupsi

Tupsi IncGamers Member

RL: It was "taksvärkki" day today. Skip one day at school, do work for 10€ and give them to charity. Helped my mom as usually. Reorganized and cleaned a room for her because she isn't capable of throwing anything away or doing anything dramatic. She was happy (phew ;p), I was happy, I hope the children we're giving the money and food are happy.
    Also bottled lots of apple juice.

D2: Laughing like a maniac after stabbing those Cliff Lurkers with Poison dagger time after time...

17. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

RL: a very relaxing weekend over after the strain at work I needed it.

EDIT: D2: Working on moo moo king tourney and working on a couple of other chars getting skills strait and such

18. Rolland

Rolland IncGamers Member

Good job helping your mom and the kids! :thumbsup:

Is that a Finnish tradition?

I'm sure it was appreciated :)

RL: Trying to get done with work, they're doing a stain & weather seal job to the building's brick where I work...and the fumes are flooding the entire place. Been kind of out of it and lite headed all morning, and not a good way. Actually feeling kind of sick :(

VERY happy it's Friday though, but feeling "almost" too tired to be that excited about it, which is sad. Between a problem with my right shoulder, my feline queen from hell (that i love) waking me up, my wife's allergies...I've progressivly got less and less sleep this week.

I as a practice don't take pills normally for anything often...but I'm getting pretty tempted to try one of my wife's Ambien lol But so far I've been resolute and resisted. (for some reason just don't like the idea...though I have no problem putting a 6 pack away...go figure) heh

Still waiting for the new season of BSG to start (Oct 4?) damn good show imo :)

D2: In A2 NM with my lvl 52 Pally Zealot...doing pretty well, got a few more good drops which helped my resistance numbers, but still lower than I'd like. Waiting for the right combination of equipment and Runes so I can get some very needed boosts :laugh:

Just killed the Summoner last night...now off to find Durial's tomb, have a few items that will keep me from being frozen so that should help (i hope)

I've kept my A1 Cold Merc, just to see how viable and far I can get with her. So far she's done a pretty good job at slowing mobs/bosses down & her bow has Monster Flee which seems to pop quite often (want to say 17% but not completely sure)

Anyway that's me :)

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

And may we all have Good Hunting!!!

19. Suiling

Suiling Banned

RL: Exam finished. Yipee!
    D2: Champion Archimonde will now henceforth be known as Patriarch Archimonde :jig: .

20. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

RL: My uncle phoned from his mobile to said his landline was dead. My traipsing over there to work out was wrong (he had manage to activate the child lock and I can't work out how because it takes five button presses in a specific order :banghead:) interupted ...

D2: I must stop getting characters played to the start of a difficulty and then not looking at them again until I MP and discover
    • they have a very poor weapon or none at all
    • they have 80+ stat/12+ unused skill points
    • their resists look like a row of brake (tail) lights