Freyas FA guide(repost)

royalesse

Diabloii.Net Member
FrozenSolid said:
Ok, so with maxed FA and CA, 10 Pierce, 12 Valk and 1 Strafe, Id have some spare points around lvl 70. I was wondering where to invest them in? Penetrate for AR boost or Strafe for DMG boost against those cold immunes?
I'll have around 5 to zon skills and 2 Bow skills.
IIRC since FA is magic and it's a frozen explosion it should always hit so AR shouldn't be a problem... except with strafe. Are you having trouble with hitting cold immunes?

Edit: Duly noted on the chance to freeze... thanks for the correction on my oversight.

sorcees

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice andclear guide about FA and freezing(time).
I use FA as a bosskiller and for LI on switch as a hybrid skill with LF.
I have some bows on a mule i can use, what do you advise?
Wizendraw, Kuko, WWS, Buriza an Lycanders.
For a belt i have Tgods and Razortail.
I prefer Tgods for LF and absorb, but i need pierce, so i tend to buriza (i also need pierce for LF, so i am a bit confused, pierce is now 69% without razortail).

Plz advice.

Warax

Diabloii.Net Member
i need help im making a bow zone that will use lycander aim and i realy dont know what skill put so please bit of help :)

ak404

Diabloii.Net Member
Freyas said:
Yes, freeze length will increase your freeze duration from your FA explosion.... The freezes target on buriza, iceblink, cham rune, or Arctic set will increase the amount of time that monsters stay frozen just like cold damage sources(like charms). A HoJ will increase your freeze duration. However, if that's the only reason that you'd be using the bow, you might just look into getting some dual-modded cold damage small charms to increase the duration. Of course, HoJ has some other nice mods which would make a nice bow, but the increase of your freeze duration will only be 3 seconds from the bow.
No, no, no.

Because it is a non-elemental attack, Freezes Target does not extend the freeze duration of Freezing Arrow. Only cold damage can extend its duration.

Conversely, additional sources of cold damage do not extend the duration of Freezes Target.

FrustratedNecro9500

Diabloii.Net Member
Zroc said:
So that's it...Frozen Arrow, Lightning Fury, and Strafe if I need it.
I like Lightning Fury...it's basically the Frozen Orb of zons, where 20 points without synergies is still very effective. I like the idea of freezing things and then spamming Lightning Fury, basically...then having either for cold or lightning immunes, and strafe for a dual immune.

Thoughts?
its good u have planned for plenty of penetrate and crit strike, because LF and FA will go through your mana orb at an incredible rate. u will need those skills to make strafe effective at leeching that mana back. right now i have a lvl 78 zon that has 1 pt each in strafe, penetrate, pierce, and crit strike, and strafe is basically worthless. with the way you are set up, you should be able to use strafe to deal with dual lightning/cold immunes, which happens fairly often in the Pit if u ever go there. i would also suggest a might merc to help your leeching as much as possible.

my build so far (roughly)

20 cold arrow
10 guided arrow
20 freezing arrow
1 strafe

1 pt in dodge, evade, avoid, inner sight, decoy, valkyrie, pierce, penetrate, and crit strike.

20 LF

right now, im not sure what i should do with the skill points i get from here on out. im torn between maxing valkyrie, or pumping penetrate. im leaning towards penetrate, mostly becuase u can always recast a valkyrie, and eventually ur merc should be a good enough tank just by himself. i could also sink some more points into strafe and hope it helps me leech better.

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
*Cough* Silence *Cough*

75% all resist
+2 all skills
20% IAS
11% Mana Leech
Hit Causes Flee

For armor, there's Ormus' Robes.

For boots, silkweave.

Also, bow/xbow skillers can be used once you're past the 5 second duration in hell.

Yochefguy

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the idea of this Zon and I am making my own. What would be the best equipment set up for the vamp build?? :xman:

Vargas

Diabloii.Net Member
I was wondering if a shaeled Buriza could help to hit some IAS breakpoint... Buriza just fits this build so well!

DarkGlobe

Diabloii.Net Member
The best place to put your second skill is Lit Fury. It's an excellent second skill and I would have to say that they work side by side when you get to hell. Lit Fury/Freeze arrow and there you go. This is a very powerful build that rarely encounters any problems anywhere and this build kills quick. Freeze arrow just stops everything in its tracks and turns everything to ice dust in no time. Then when you hit cold immunes you just switch up to lit fury and enemies die just as fast. If a monster happens to be cold/lit immune your strong act 2 might merc, your 20+ valk, and some nice jabbing from an eth titan or any other good javalin brings them down in no time. The only problem you can encounter is LAG of course.. I don't know why B.net hasn't done anything about lag after all this time, or cracking down on bots which are just adding to the lag. Anyway the main problem you will probably encounter is having good resistances. If you can get all your resistances you're almost unstoppable. This build has been the most fun PvM I have made and I like playing through the whole game with her. K well have fun.

this fa/lf build sounds pretty cool to me also .. fa to freeze lf to kill i guess .. mab 1 point in strafe + skills for a back up attack

however .. how would you do your stat points, dex or vita?

Euro-Crash

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyxtwing said:
The cold damage from items seem to double in a way, but only on targets hit by the arrow itself:

Eg. a 1-2 cold damage small charm in my inventory adds 1-2 to the arrow and 1-2 to the splash, adding up to 2-4 if the arrow hits the target.

This does not seem like much, but if it were 200 cold damage it would start to be a bit of a bonus. It seems to me that the cold damage from items rather than skills would help in bos fights by doubling as a way to gain some extra damage, and should also give that nice boost to cold length. Though, the down side would be less AR if you don't go for as high in skill boosts.

Just my 2 cents, may have been mentioned and I missed it.

note: if someone does not have can not be frozen, it can be fun to hit them with your max (or high if you didn't max it) cold arrow, along with around 10-40 1-2 cold damage cold charms. No real point, but it is funny.
Cold damage from charms and items is negligible. THe real boon to using cold damage items is increasing your freeze duration. I remember a guide from 1.09 that pointed out that each cold damage item adds 1 second to your freeze duration in normal.

So, If you take the base 2 second duration and add 10 cold damage items (bow, rings, charms, etc.) you should be at around 12 seconds. This will in turn be reduced to 3 seconds in HELL.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
This guide will be submitted to the Strategy Compendiumin a day or two. I am closing this thread so if you have questions or comments about this guide, go ahead and post a new thread.

Cheers!

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm. Nick's going to make a frozen arrow zon, since he just got an Ice gmat.
Mmk, this is probably what he plans on using -

Frostburns for mana 'n duration 'n junk.

Ice gmat

War Travs or Waterwalks since she'll be PVMing a lot...

Razortail for 33 more pierce

Chains of Honor, or a 15% cold ormus just for fun

Two ravenfrosts

Maras/Eye of Etlitch - I wish there was a way of telling what the duration on the Eye is... :\

Probably nightwings; maybe Shako

Ten bow grandcharms (!!!), life charms...I doubt I have any Snowy Small Charms of Winter

Eh? Eh?!
This should be fun; My friend has already remade his m'av coldazon twice...which combination of set pieces gives the +percent damage? I have both 09 and 1.10 m'av gloves, so include which version it's from please xD

oh, forgot to mention CV insight on TehMerczor or Insight battle staff (the one with no requirements) on switch instead of CtA

MortisNostre

Diabloii.Net Member
my set up:

ICE Bow
Nightwing
gores
highlords
razortail
ravens
crafted gloves
Fortitude
Cold Facets whereever possible
Bow GCs
Anni
Torch

Doom on Merc

Im only really worried about resistences...any suggestions?

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
MortisNostre said:
my set up:

ICE Bow
Nightwing
gores
highlords
razortail
ravens
crafted gloves
Fortitude
Cold Facets whereever possible
Bow GCs
Anni
Torch

Doom on Merc

Im only really worried about resistences...any suggestions?
why do you need any resistances? i am playing a frostmaiden with even lower resists then you (same setup but a treachery instead of forti for fun and no anni and a crescent moon amu) and it isn't a problem. Only souls can be a pain in the ***, but the rest is easy to outwalk or stay out of range of.

LtDrebin

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been looking for a good bow build for a fairly poor player. Strafe is just too weak without high dmg bows.

I have a kuko that I will use, probably for far too long, so to help alleviate the problems for low physical damage, I will choose a frostmaiden build. I have also been looking for a way to fit in lightning fury as a second skill, as it is good even without great gear. However, it seems to me that skill points in the passives will be too low. I am a fan of high-level valkyries, so I don't know if I could do that while still having a decent number of points in crit, penetrate, and pierce (not needed if I'm using kuko all the time).

I have a ravenfrost and I think I MIGHT be able to afford a full mav's set (replacing kuko and thus requiring a lot of pts in pierce), so I might not need a lot of pts in penetrate.

Let's see...
20 FA
20 CA
20 LF
>6 strafe (leeching purposes and support for merc/valk against a dual immunes)
17 valk
a fair bit in crit, pierce, D/E/A
>10 arrows for multi (nice to have for rushing, power leveling others)
9 prereqs

I don't think this build will work without at least 8+ in +skills from gear, which I don't think I can acquire. I am very hesitant to use strafe as a backup attack as high dmg bows are somewhat expensive, and lightning fury is just fun to use.

Has anyone else tried a FA/LF hybrid besides zroc and frustrated necro? What sort of gear do you think is needed to be able to survive in hell?

netmc

Diabloii.Net Member
ak404 said:
No, no, no.

Because it is a non-elemental attack, Freezes Target does not extend the freeze duration of Freezing Arrow. Only cold damage can extend its duration.

Conversely, additional sources of cold damage do not extend the duration of Freezes Target.

Here is a thread over in the statistics forum that describes how freeze target works..
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=353287

ak404 is correct in that the chance to freeze target is entirely independent of cold damage/freezing arrow.

I believe that the freeze duration in 1/2 in nm and 1/4 in hell as well, but not for certain..

eRandomizer

Diabloii.Net Member
Ice Runeword trumps any bow Id guess for a FA build... +30% cold damage, and the nifty 25% to cast Frost Nova for strafe is insane..