Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy - which is the right hand?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by ollid, Apr 26, 2008.

1. ollid

ollid IncGamers Member

Frenzy - which is the right hand?

I tried to do a little digging, but I couldn't find a post/thread I once read concerning the "right hand" for frenzy.

If I have one pb with IAS and one pb with no IAS, which weapon slot do I put the pb w/IAS into, for higher frenzy fpa? Or does it depend on the order that I equip my pb's?

I recall hearing that you should always put the faster wep in the "weapon slot above the glove slot." But if I'm constantly swapping weapons in and out (i.e. a wizardspike) does the order that I put my pb's back in matter?

Thanks for your time

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Frenzy - which is the right hand?

The right hand is the weapon that is equipped first, or, after using the weapons switch (default w-key) the weapon that is on the glove side.

Example: if you have a sword equipped on the glove side and an axe on the bootside and then you swap the sword with a dagger, the axe becomes the right hand as it was equipped before the dagger was. However, when you use the weapon switch (for example to BO) and then switch back, the dagger becomes the right hand as it is on the glove side.

You should use the weapon with the most IAS on it as right-hand weapon, the IAS from the left-hand doesn't count for Frenzy.

3. ollid

ollid IncGamers Member

Hands down, your explanation is one of the clearest and most informative I've ever heard. Thank you so much for your help stephan :smiley:

4. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

I should add that s/e and entering a new game might have the same effect as the weapon switch. I'm not sure though, and I'm too tired to test right now. Shouldn't be hard in any case.

5. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

Yes, it does.

6. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

As does the trade window, as it treats everything as being re-equipped, and dying is the same way. Technically, any time the weapons are re-equipped it equips the glove-side weapon first, if possible (strength and dexterity requirements are the only exception, here), and the game re-equips items in several instances, now.

7. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Correct...