Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy ias

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Cujo, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Frenzy ias

Questions about this calc : http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

-when I put in dual Baranars (-40%ias) it says I need 113%ias to reach 5fpa
    -but when I put in dual Nord's (-35%ias) it says 58% needed

..how come a 5% slower weapon need 55% less ias to reach 5 fpa?

-also how do you fill out the formula when you have Schaeffers/Baranars, since its only the primary weapon that counts..

2. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

It´s not 5% slower, Baranar´s Base Speed= 10; Nord´s Base Speed=-10, the base speed is what indicates how are distributed the different breakpoints of that weapon, your mistake is that you are adding the base speed of the weapon type with the ias it has, that is not the way to go because except for skills based on pure weapon ias like Whirlwind the ias has to go through a diminishing returns formula and a couple other things...

I don´t think that in frenzy only the primary weapon counts, i think that the calculator only displays the attack speed of the main weapon, because i could swear that i have seen my barb swinging fast/slow/fast/slow just like that....

3. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

If I put in the weapons without adding the weapons inherent ias bonus its still the same gap between those two :

Thruncheon : 83% (25%inherent ias = 58% needed from equip)
    Devil star : 163% (50%inherent ias = 113% needed from equip)

-so the calc must display wrong, because I dont believe that weapons with a base speed difference of 20 will end up with such a big gap when trying to reach 5fpa..

About the primary weapon ias only counts, I think its right -it was discussed alot a few days/weeks back, and its easily tested by equipping a very slow weapon in one hand, and a very fast in the other, and by switching them around a couple of times theres definately a big difference..

ex.

Schaeffers in left/ Horizons(shael) in right = both weapons seems to swing at the speed of Horizons

Schaeffers in right/Horizons in left = both weapons seems to swing at the speed of Schaeffers

4. puckalicious

puckalicious IncGamers Member

Yeah that calculator is definitely messed up. They must have changed something recently because it used to work fine last time I used it about a month or two ago.
    FWIW I use bstar(no socket) as primary frenzy weapon and I get 5fpa with frenzy maxed according to the "old" calculator.

5. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Gotta side with you guys, i just tried to see what would the calculator said about Schaffers, and according to it with lvl 20 frenzy it would be almost impossible to get a good swing speed for it, and i tested in my old barb and it just doesn´t *felt* as slow as it should according to the calc...

6. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

The base speed of a weapon is the biggest factor for calculating ias...... with any attack. The difference between a -10 and a +10 weapon is Huge.....

Cujo: thats the right ias displayed...... just try it and ull see....

7. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

The best combo IMO:

primary: shaeled nord's tenderizer
    secondary: schaefer's

You need 33% IAS to hit 5 fpa (not counting WIAS).

First equip nord's to the LEFT weapon slot.

8. puckalicious

So frenzy depends on the base speed, not the total on-weapon IAS? So a bstar with base of +10 and 50%IAS is slower than a nords with a base of -10 and 25%IAS? The bstar has total speed of -40 and the nords has total speed of -35, why isn't the bstar the faster weapon??

9. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

Ur using a wrong formula here.....
    Weapon ias is something different then other ias.....
    A +10 (wias) weapon with 50% ias will not end up as -40 (wias)

10. puckalicious

I should have clarified that I was talking about WIAS. Nords = -10 -25WIAS = -35, Bstar = 10 -50WIAS = -40

11. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Ok thanks for the input guys, guess its time for me to go make some testing, and if there is such a big difference, I think (if I ever get the runes for BotD) that Warspikle actually would be superior to a Beserker axe for a Frenzy, since the Wspike would require 33% less ias to reach 5fpa, and that might make up for that extra dmg on the Beserker, but well I'll probably never get those runes anyway :D