Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy Barbs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by DistortedRiff, Apr 8, 2004.

1. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

Frenzy Barbs

I was playing around with the save file made for an axe using conc barb or something (http://community.epf-canada.org/graphics/AxeBarb.d2s), and decided to go frenzy instead of the normal things. Well, it tore through everything, much faster than any WW barb I've made with the file. It had about 8k damage per hit (thats with 2 400% BOTD zerkers), leeched any life lost back in half a second, and ran at superhuman speeds. The "problem" is that file has absolutely godly gear..

So I was wondering, would a frenzy barb be able to hold its own in hell or even pvp with more average gear? Maybe some "fury" word weapons (thinking balrog blades or zerker axes), a "Gloom" word armor, ravenfrosts/dual leech rings..

Thanks for any input, I'm really interested in making one, because it was definitely the most fun I've had in d2 in a long time.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i am pretty disappointed with it. it is a lot slower than i remembered it from beta.

overall though, ww is superior. max frenzy speed is 5fps (with like 200% total ias), ww can go 4fps with 1 wep, 2.66 with 2 1h's.

i think you can get far better results if you put botd's on a ww barb.

try again with p8 and in the worldstone keep. i don't think he'd be as successful there. the only frenzier i didn't see die in p8 was a wolfbarb with fury stacked onto frenzy, possibly using botd's as well.

3. Joe_smith

Joe_smith Banned

go go frenzy and you can go ww/frenzy hybrid. my friend has a frenzy/ww barb with fury zerker and cresent moon zerker and he does fine both pvm and pvp. i'd imagine him to really "own" with stuff like ebotd and beast zerker.

4. DaddyFatSacks

DaddyFatSacks IncGamers Member

I am one of those people who try and use a Frenzy Barb with average/low-end equipment.
    I use: Shaffer's Hammer
    Baranar's
    Arreats
    Highlord's Wrath
    Ravenfrost
    Dual leech ring (duped, i know)
    T. Gods
    Laying of Hands
    and Gore Riders
    I have all the right skills maxed (mace mastery, frenzy, BO, ~15 in warcry, rest in dual swing and taunt). I do around 32K damage and get owned in 8 player hell. I am stil trying to figure out a way to make it work, i've done a few frenzy builds and this has been the strongest (although still very weak) build yet.

5. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

you dont have enough ar or defense

phelix

6. longwood

longwood IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 99 frenzy barb that took dclone out in less than a min. and half. His weapons include 398% ED Botd CB and Beast Zerker. He rips through just about anything. He can also take on trav runs in 8 player games. I think with frenzy its more strategy overall. BattleCry and WarCry are must sometimes

7. DaddyFatSacks

i have 83% chance to hit and i am level 83.
    I know i don't have a good defense, thats why i use warcry

8. NyTStrykE

NyTStrykE IncGamers Member

I can't say my frenzier has trouble in hell either. He can take on anything and can still mow things down even in 8 player games.

Level 90 Ladder Barb:

Um Arreats
    Lionheart Armor
    Dual Death Cleaver
    Dracul's
    GoreRiders
    Nos Coil
    Atma's Ammy
    RavenFrost
    Dual Leech Ring

As you can see, not very goldly items. But he more than survies, pwned DClone. He is also a warcry frenzy barb.

9. henryshi

henryshi IncGamers Member

I've got a lvl 92 Frenzy Barb who can easily solo most if not all parts of Hell in p8 games.

Equip:
    Arreats 3% LL
    Enigma Lacquered Plate
    Verdungo 40/13
    Lava Gout
    Travs 48%
    Fiend Sunder Amulet
    Corruption Grip Ring
    241 / 19 raven

Weapons:
    2 x +3 warcry javs
    350/14 eth botd cb
    388/14 non-eth botd cb

Charms:
    28 x 7smfc
    6 x 3/20/20
    (he has about 240% mf which makes it actually fun lvling :)

My AR after the enchant bonus from Lava gout is 14938
    Even w/out a shield after shout (lvl 20 w/ +skill items) my defense is 12000+
    Currently maxed frenzy, sword mastery, bo
    5-10 in shout, 5-10 in iron skin, 3 into speed, 3 into natural resist
    i have max resists in hell w/ minimal resist charms (only those on my 7smfc's)

Over all, IMO the Frenzy Barb for 1.1 is 2 fold better than that of 1.09
    W/ Synergies and available items such as BOTD and ENIGMA (although costly) have made my Barb a very fun character to play with. :)

I have always wanted to make a guide, but lacked the time to do so, instead I just posted some of my stats here. :)

10. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

regarding eq: not enough leech. looks like @8% ll, maybe 5% ml. try a carrion wind instead of this, and put mana leech elsewhere, probably the ammy. i got a 1%LL/5% ML. the reason is that monsters have a "drain factor" than lowers leech by as much as 75%, along with the hell leech penalty.

also arreats is good for show, not for dough. i use guillames face, and do fine with 800 damage ww in p8.

gloves: i use blood crafted for the crushing blow.

weps: very very slow. if you look at the speed calculator, you need like 200% total ias to get a decent frenzy speed. baranars is so .09. my frenzier finished with a black tyrant club.

with your current setup, you need to find a way to not get hit. frenzy iirc, is interruptable. i used a black tyrant + shield on the switch and used concentrate when frenzy couldn't handle. nowadays, people use war cry/howl.

how are you calculating damage? with those weps, you are maybe doing 1.5-3k. sure, you get some doublers from crit/deadly strike, but don't forget in hell mobs get a lot of resists and pdr. you can't count the baranar's as say a 700 damage 1h wep, it's a 150 phys damage (which goes through the multipliers) with like 600 additional elemental damage (which gets added, not multiplied.)

11. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

my double schaefer barb has 90ias and does ok, with the damage, the atmas scarab & the static he can handle non lightning immunes with ease

if you're concerned with speed, you could also use beast caduceus or something as second weapon, and I think he meant to say 3.2k damage

12. DaddyFatSacks

Oops. Meant to put 3.2K not 32K.

13. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

In this patch frenzy is more bugged than ever.
    I was making a frenzy weapon combo guide as i was leveling my frenzy barb..
    In 1.09 i had a fury legend / gf frenzy barb that abused the IAS-on-primary bug where IAS was accounted only from the primary weapon, accounting weapon equip bug.
    In 1.10 it seems a new bug is introduced where if you put the secondary weapon in the left slot and use the equip bug to make it secondary, IAS from both weapons will count (you must redo this every game you enter)... but they are ADDED toguether. I tested it with my barb that used Ohm Shaeffers + Shael Nords. The breakpoints i could get when using the bug is exactly if 20 ias were added (the IAS from shaeffers).... and maximum speed (using the bug or not) is much lower than it should be in a 1.09 build, so there is now a speed cap is based on the slower weapon i think...
    Worse yet, ppl that want to use some weapon combo will have to re-equip a lot of times, cuz it seems primary and secondary weapons get mixed now and them in area changes in 1.10. damn.