Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy Barbs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by LuUcIoUs, Mar 30, 2004.

1. LuUcIoUs

LuUcIoUs IncGamers Member

Frenzy Barbs

Can someone point me over to a article on a Frenzy Barb Build, I have some Ideas of how to start but would like to read on information of others experiences and what they felt was viable in the 1.10 patch.

Thanx

2. cheerupemokid10

cheerupemokid10 IncGamers Member

I'm making a frenzy barb at this very moment, so far it has been a very successful build. I am playing through all the acts and am in act 2 nightmare, twinked:p but hey! I'm still playing through the game the right way. anywho he's really rulin the battlefield, faster than ALL hell too! so far it's been a really fun build. I'm gonna max frenzy, max shout, max bo, 10 in iron skin, natural resists, and double swing. Not much in synergy I know but with the high def and loads of life, he'll be swingin so fast the extra 30% or w/e ed isn't as good IMO. start one and go with it, once you make a character a first time, you'll find out what you did wrong and become comfortable with it. Then you can make it a second time and make them perfect. :D

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

is there not a decent frenzy barb guide around?

hmm, only one sticky... where are zoso & crow? ain't seen them in awhile

anyhoo, I might write up a guide if I finish my frenzy barb but that won't be any time soon

4. flaming parrots

flaming parrots IncGamers Member

Here's something I need clarified. Frenzy walk/run speed and IAS stays for the full 6 seconds, but the damage boost only applies to the actual frenzy hit?

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

yes as far as I know, you could use frenzy to boost up double throw speed but it wouldn't get that hefty damage bonus, which you only get by using the frenzy skill

6. flaming parrots

flaming parrots IncGamers Member

How is stun affected by difficulty/bosses? Will lvl 20 warcry (4.8 s stun) do the full stun on all difficulty levels? Will it stun bosses?

7. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

Better to put points into Taunt instead of Double Swing- you get the same synergy bonus, but taunt is a useful skill by itself- reduce enemies AR and Damage, and make those pesky shaman, gloams, archers, ect to stop shooting and come to you to get killed, AND breakup boss packs by leading minions away to be killed first. A very nice skill.

8. Two_Rivers

Two_Rivers IncGamers Member

My frenzy build:

20 frenzy
    20 BO
    20 Warcry (lasts for full time in hell which is really long but doesn't work on bosses)
    20 taunt
    1 in all the good stuff (nat res. increased speed etc. find item)
    Don't put a point in berzerk get two weapons with elemental damage instead

I went with a defensive merc and w/ 1 in shout and him I have about 10 k defense between that and Warcry I rarely get hit. If you can get a weapon w/ a chance to cast static field and some good % on crushing blow theres only one area in the game that gives me any trouble (the crystaline passage it always seems to spawn with ghosts gloams and succubs) which are the three toughest enemies in the game.

9. Yellow_Lenghan

Yellow_Lenghan IncGamers Member

Using ChippyDip Skill Planner, I put 30 skill points in Frenzy and all of its synergies. (30 Taunt, 30 Double Swing and 30 Berserk). The result was:

<<
    Magic Damage: +30 percent
    Duration: 6 seconds

Current Skill Level: 30
    Damage: +715 percent
    Attack: +303 percent
    Attack Speed: +7-45 percent
    Walk/Run Speed: +47-183 percent
    Mana Cost: 3
    >>

Taunt and Double Swing boost "normal" damage, whereas Berserk boost Magic Damage. My question is, does the +30% magical damage applies to wepaon damage only or to (weapon damageX715%) ? Or is it that the +715% applies only to the frenzy hit, while the +30% would applies for 6 seconds after the frenzy hit whatever attack is used thereafter?