Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy Barb Weaps

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by shynthriir, Mar 28, 2005.

1. shynthriir

shynthriir IncGamers Member

Frenzy Barb Weaps

I've been considering making a Frenzy barb for some time now, though I need to consider the gear I'll need to save for. I want to know what type of weapons would be best: Axes or Swords? And also, reconmendations for runewords for then would be nice, botd for one, though duel weilding botd seems not as good as something else. Anyway, comments would be nice.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think Maces are awesome...Stormlash and Schaeffer's Hammer are incredibly good Frenzy weapons. They might not be as shiny as some of the runewords but the static field + Crushing blow makes them totally awesome.
    I'd go with axes because the Berserker Axe is the best 1-hander around, also a lot of the cool runewords (Beast, Doom) can be made in axes not swords.
    I really think you should use Beast as one of your weapons because its a kickass weapon and it will free you of most of your IAS constraints.

I'd take one of the following...just make sure you attack at 5 frames...or at least 6

Last Wish: Might aura,huge crushing blow, ITD, Fade & Lifetap.
    Grief: Huge damage, deadly strike, venom
    Death: Crushing blow+deadly strike:), glacial spike for crowd control.
    Breath Of the Dying: Sweet weapon:)
    Doom: Holy Freeze=excellent crowd control, nice when no shield.

Maybe a Silence weapon...the damage may be a bit lacking but the 75% resists is so sweet especially when you don't wear a shield. Honourable mention goes to Fury for its +5 to Frenzy:)

3. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

my friend is gonna make a beast+death frenzy barb, in my eyes that will be teh shiznitz

jimi- :teeth:

4. xberto

xberto IncGamers Member

I swing a phase blade Grief and an Azurewrath. My on troubles come from that damn Iron Maiden.

5. Sibuna

Sibuna IncGamers Member

Doom and Fury in my eyes would make a good combination. You get the IAS of Beast with +5 to Frenzy, though giving up Crushing Blow might not be worth it. I have a question too. Would the Fanaticism and Holy Freeze auras stack on a Beast + Doom combo?

6. Chimaira

The Fanatiscism and Holy Freeze will stack...I think Fury would be a good Frenzy weapon but not really in league with the other weapons that have been mentioned... The damage is simply too low and the other mods can easily be found on other weapons, also no crushing blow:(. The +5 Frenzy is nice, but just a curiosity... the 25% enhanced damage/35% attack rating bonus won't make a world of difference. Welcome to the forums:)

7. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

For pvm I would say the best 2 weapons for pvm would prolly be 2 grief weapons. The +dmg boosts your dmg alot. 2 Cheaper options = Oath. With a decent %ed roll these things pack quite the punch aswell. And the good part is , almost everyone can make them. :p

Good ol' schaefer's is ok aswell , although it's alittle slow. Stormlash is more like schaefer's on steroids though. :p

8. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

I made a frenzy barb one week ago! And I equiped him with Beast + Grief (BA of course).

Now what I discovered concerning those weapons is the immense repair cost! Doing baalruns in 8 player games will reduce your weapons durability fast! And the repair cost of both Grief and Beast will come closer to 600k. Of course you can stack orts in your stash and repair your weapons but its time consuming finding orts as well!

Best thing for a frenzy is to use weapons that no need repair. Like Death Ba, Eth DC (zoded), Oath (many weapon options here like swords, axes and maces), Phase Griefs, Botd (eth BA or eth CB).

Too bad the weapons graphics when using BA is so lame! Rikstaker is absolutely right when it comes to looks when using BA type of runewords ;)

/Dec

9. TerrorClown

TerrorClown IncGamers Member

Uhmz you guys forgot Fury BB.

+209% Enhanced Damage
    40% Increased Attack Speed
    Prevent Monster Heal
    66% Chance Of Open Wounds
    33% Deadly Strike
    Ignore Target's Defense
    -25% Target Defense
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    6% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +5 To Frenzy (Barbarian Only) <<<<<<<<!!!!! :D

10. Chimaira

No we didn't:)

11. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Fury BB is an old relic from 1.09! I think the newest runewords (ladder only) and the original 1.10 runewords are better when making runewords to use for a frenzy barb!

/Dec

12. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

I would pick Oath over fury anyday. You can make multiple Oaths for 1 fury price worthy. Oath gives you some more IAS , which helps aswell. Oath gives you alot more dmg. Oath gives you see through weapons. :D

13. TerrorClown

TerrorClown IncGamers Member

Misa luves old relics. ^^ :D