Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

frenzy barb questions.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by tycIbn, Nov 9, 2006.

1. tycIbn

tycIbn Diabloii.Net Member

frenzy barb questions.

hi.

i'm new to frenzy barbarians. i hear you can use them as uber slayers and i'd figured i'd replace me smiter. and i have a couple questions about weapons and equipment.

i'm going to be using a 'beast' bezerker as one of my weapons. and i was wondering what use i should use. with the fantasism, 40%ias, and frenzy, i hit the 5fpa breakpoint and everything after that is pointless.

now here is the issue. what should i use next? ebotd? grief? last wish? death? i'm leaning to a last wish zerker because i could use the fade, might aura, and life tap. but there are perks to the others as well.

also... coh or fort?

what amulet should i use? i was thinking highlords but the extra ias is pointless. should i get a mara and stack my res? or a rare ammy with +2 barb and str/dex/other mods?

will mana be an issue? should i look for a mana leech ring?

thanks.

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

1) LWz as secondary wep.
    2) Fort.
    3) Hlords.
    4) Drink a pot =)

3. Spankeh

Spankeh Diabloii.Net Member

1) For a first time frenzier, go the safety of LWz with ctc lifetap and fade, to compliment your beast.
    2) Fort has no leech, damage reduction, skills, or high enough resists. CoH for ubers is best
    3) Hlords for the deadly strike
    4) Since your not using a mana leech weapon, drink a pot, or, oh i shouldnt recommend this, use death runeword instead of LW. Not recommended for first time frenziers going into ubertrist, because lastwish is such a good safety device

4. papajustify

papajustify Diabloii.Net Member

Spankeh, hi again.
    I dont enjoy the number crunchin so much so, what do you think of me upgrading my edeath cs to a cb? Is there really that much of a differance in the damage? I know the cb looks cooler(in my opinion), and the offhand speed doesn't matter since im using ebotd cb in my right hand.
    So is there really any benefit in switching to a cb or not?

5. Spankeh

afaik, colossal blade and colossal sword look virtually the same when equipped.
    Yes colossal sword does more damage than colossal blade (but not much) but its base speed is slower (+10) , and its for this reason that it is very difficult to get it to hit frenzy's last breakpoint.
    U need a 40|14ias jwl in your arreats, wear LoH gloves, Hilords, Nos Coil belt, and even then, its a little short for 5fpa.
    Atleast colossal blades will hit 5fpa with above ias items

6. papajustify

papajustify Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah i got all those items, ima gonna have to get the cb, i just cant live with mismatched swords, and hopefully ill get a better roll on the ed, than what i have now about mid level. Thanks keep ya posted on what i get.

7. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

U need a 40|14ias jwl in your arreats

:rolleyes:

For my frenzy barb, I chose to use the Angelic Combo seeing how AR comes very handy.

8. Spankeh

Take it easy there Jackson, just a typo

9. Failkan

Failkan Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think using the Angelic combo is worth it - why waste good jewelry slots on low level items, when you can get the same amount of AR from three AR charms? better to use those slots for, say, Ravenfrost and Highlord's.

10. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

C-Sword looks thin, like a legend sword. C-Blade looks fat and wavy, like a balrog blade.

11. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think using the Angelic combo is worth it - why waste good jewelry slots on low level items, when you can get the same amount of AR from three AR charms? better to use those slots for, say, Ravenfrost and Highlord's.

The saved inventory space can boost your life points by A LOT.