Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy Barb needs help!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Tinen, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Tinen

Tinen IncGamers Member

Frenzy Barb needs help!

Hey guys I recently made a Frenzy Barb without putting much thought into him. Ive enjoyed him so far but im getting ready to get into hell mode and well.. after calculating things it looks like the character might be majorly flawed the way i built him. So far I have:
    Level: 56
    Stats: 170str, 110dex, 90vit

20 Frenzy
    20 Sword Mastery
    Synergies: 9 Warcry, 1 double swing
    Wacries: 5 Battle Orders, 1 Warcry
    1 IronSkin, 1 Innate Resist.

I had wanted to build him towards maxing out warcry, and battle orders for good HP and stuns. I figured you cant be a barb without 20 battle orders =p And then the stun shout would allow me to live longer by keeping things stunned and beating them down with frenzy.

I guess my main problem is I dont see where my defense is going to come from. in hell everything is going to hit me.. everytime. Right now I have 1500 defense and close to maxed resist with 25% crushing blow on my boots. I can deal out some decent damage but I cant tank for crap and its really scaring me for hell mode. Any ideas how I can fix this character and make in a viable bad *** in hell mode without scrapping him? I dont have a whole lot to trade so major items I cant do but any other advice would be great.

Thanks for your replies and reading this far of course!

2. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

I assume the: Synergies: 9 Warcry, 1 double swing means 9 in taunt.

if you can afford it, a doom zerker in 1h will work wonders with
    keeping a frenzy barb alive.

also, lvl 56 is way to early to enter hell difficulty. I suggest you nm baal your way up to at the least 70. So.. that gives you 24 skill pts +quest skill points (4 in hell). I suggest you finish maxing BO, that leaves you with 9 pts. 10 total pts in warcry isnt enough to justify using it, so those points in its prereq are kinda wasted(except taunt of course). I would put the 9 points into taunt.

It would also help if you listed your equipment as that also helps determine where to put stuff.

3. Tinen

Tinen IncGamers Member

I didnt post my gear because its changing alot. But as of right now at level 61 now I have BlackHorns Face for helmet, The Atlantean one hand, Bloodletter in the other. Some 20% IAS gloves that arent so hot, rare rings with leech, Wilhelms Pride the Orphans call belt.. dual leech, and Goblin Toe for boots.

Oh yeah I meant taunt on the synergy thing.

What are your thoughts on skipping battle orders other then the 5 points I already have in it and instead raising either warcry (already bought pre-reqs) or do ironskin instead for innate defense bonuses and then just haev a huge vitality. I dont know exactly where to stop for a sword using barbarian on strength and dex but I plan on just enough strength and dex and then the rest into vitality.

4. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

bad idea, max bo, i don't know about warcry, but definately max bo. as you said, you can't be a barb without it :lol:

5. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

BO = Max regardless of build...

Maxing Shout afterwards is worthwhile to help boast your Defense up to 5 - 8 k easily...

For Swords you wont need any more Dex... Unless your going to use Phase Blades...

110 is most dex needed to use any swords with gear you could use a Phase too...

Str you wont need any more strength... 170 with Arreats face would get you up to 190 str easily so you can use Colossus Swords...

6. NyTStrykE

NyTStrykE IncGamers Member

You don't need to max Warcry, unless you are lazy. Having 15 Warcry (after bonuses) is sufficient.

IMO, getting Warcry + trying to max defenses with shout/iron skin is kind of moot. You have taunt to attract ranged attackers, and you have warcry to stun anyone close to you. I think it's kind of a waste to put more than a point in each. You should have battle command, with the equip +skills, shout should be at a decent level.

7. Tinen

Tinen IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Im now level 73 and am gearing up to do hell. Though not very successfully hehe. I now have 20 in battle orders in addition to what I posted before. Also rounded off taunt at 10. I guess my plan is to skip out completely on warcry and continue on with raising shout. Once shout is maxed out everything else will go into taunt for synergy with frenzy.

Kinda anoob general question to ask.. but how do you guys get all your great items? I can solo a NM baal run but I dont see a ton drop.

Also my damage seems a little weak at about 1k max while frenzying

8. Krazy_Solo

I don't have uber gear... I normally scavenge free games and trade pgems for items...

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i find/make most items myself, until i get something better. i used lore helm until i got a peasant's crown, blood helm/body/boots/belt until i got better, etc.

you don't need much defense if you are going to stun them.

10. Krazy_Solo

I would prefer Def over Stunn in hell since monsters are only stunned for like 2 - 3 secs or something...

VS Black Souls in Worldstone you want to beable to go in there with high defense...

11. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

makin my frenzy barb, i was trying to be unique and use axes, it's very VERY hard to find good axes with damage above 80. I had to switch to battlehammers for more damage. Not to mention i haven't maxed mastery yet
    I've maxed frenzy, workin on bo, then mastery, i've got like 10 in double swing, and like 1 in taunt
    don't know what else to pump, prolly shout. But, the computer i play D2 on took a fall, and don't work anymore
    not to mention i don't have the cd's b/c i sold em when i got no cd patch....****